Umbilical Hurnia Repair Gone Wrong

Long story short, on january 20th 3013 i went in...

Long story short, on january 20th 3013 i went in for an umbilical hernia repair, wasnt really having much trouble or pain with it, but it looked terrible and i was ashamed of the way it looked, i was promised an innie bellybutton and got what looks like a train wreck, im not happy and more ashamed!!

Radio ad

Sorry to hear that, maybe you can get a second opinion from someone else just to give you piece of mind. Good luck.
So sorry you are going through this.
Did u talk to your ps? Can he redo it? I'm sorry this happened.
Thanks guys, i did talk to him, and he just keeps telling me that its going to get better, but none of the puckering and pulling as gone away or even slighlty decreased! I was ashamed of my bellybutton before because it was totally off to the right side of my stomach and that things stuck out at the top when i stood up, but atleast i wasnt ashamed to wear bikins or half tops, now im so embarassed i wont wear either! The skin on my stomach has pulling skin from every angel, i just dont know what to do because his response is always the same "its going to get better"
He needs to fix that! How long are you supposed to wait for it to "get better". I think I would find another surgeon and get another opinion. Good Luck!
which surgeon did it I'm considering having my breasts done there
It was Dr zeichner, he was very nice and professional with me but i should have ran when he told me " ive never seen a bellybutton like this but ill figure out how to fix it" thats shoulda been my sign from god but he seemed very competent and sure of himself that he could do the job. He also gave me breast implants too, he gave me 32DDD when i asked for a full C!!! Im happy with the breasts, but i have terrible pain in the scars, and he made the scars the whole length of underneath my breasts which i think was a little excessive considering im a very tiny girl (106 pounds) i go in to see him next week to see what he says, if anything, i will give my bellybutton one more month and if nothing changes im thinking about taking legal action.
I just saw him for consult I also have an umbilical hernia and he said he didn't feel comfortable doing it. how long was your recovery was it really bad?
My recovery shockingly was only for 5 days, i went right back to work afterwards. The worst of it all was the stretching and pulling from the implants, i vowed to never volunteer for surgery again lol. But keep in mind, i had 2 surgerys done at once so naturally one pain takes away another. My bellybutton was so bad the day after surgery i thought i was gonna have to go to the hospital, there was blood every where and when i removed the blood soaked dressings it looked like someone had run my stomach over with a lawn mower! I just wish he would have told me he couldnt do mine instead of making it worse cause atleast before i was comfortable with it and i didnt have all the pulling across my stomach. The last time i saw him when i told him how i felt the only thing he could say was " well atleast its centered in ur stomach now and it needs more time. Honestly, i think 2 months is more than enough. Another thing was i think they gave me way to much anastesia, i slept for 1.5 days after my surgery, i just couldnt wake up! My fiance had to literally carry me to the bathroom and wipe me. Im very happy with my breasts though, i just wish the pain in the scars would atleast decrease.
glad to hear recovery was quick although the anesthesia thing scares me. I have two little kids and while I will have help I don't want to be out for days! did you meet with Any other doctors before you made your decision sorry to bother you a million questions
Its ok, i dont mind the questions, if i can spare someone else from this nightmare that has now become my reality i dont mind! Like you, i have 2 young children as well (one of them being special needs) and i had help too but it was still really really hard, theres so many things u cant do after surgery like reach up or pick up heavy stuff, nothing i had taken into consideration. No, i didnt meet with any other doctors after him, i had read his reviews online and they were all good and i loved his bedside manor so why look somewhere else? Now after the fact, i really really wish i had. Another thing too, once they got me in the OR, nobody told me anything, next thing i know they are ripping all of the paper gowns off of me and im totally naked and then im out cold, they didnt even tell me to count down or tell me he was giving me the anastesia, pretty crappy if u ask me
that makes me nervous. I guess they do so many procedures, hence the cheap prices, that we get lost once we actually get to e.r more like cattle less like human beings. one of my kids is special needs also, how long would you say before you were able to get back to semi normal mom routine again? I know your belly button you regret but would you recommend him as far as breasts are concerned?
Yes! Exactly!! Cattle is what we are, yah, i would deff recommend him for breasts, he did a good job on mine, i could post a pic if u want? I honestly think that he just never did bellybuttons before me and unfortunately I was trial and error, in his portfolio at the office he only has breasts in it. Shoulda seen the signs. How old are your children? I would say it was probably close to a full month before i was 100% back to normal, i mean i could function completely but to do everything as i normally would about 3-4 weeks
that's good to know, my house won't run if I'm out for too long. I'm booking procedure this week but not having surgery till kids are out of school for summer, one less thing to worry about. if you wouldn't mind posting a pic that would be great. my son is 5 and daughter is 3 we are in east Deerfield are you local as well.
I will try and post a pic on here, but i dont know if they will let me seeing as its about my bellybutton. Yes we are local too but we live in boynton beach. My kids are 8 and 12, you must be younger than me?