Think Carefully Before You Sign Up

Terrible decision. If you have a dry mouth do not...

Terrible decision. If you have a dry mouth do not get these it only gets worse. I find it impossible to wear them 22 hours per day but the orthodontist says that's okay you will just need to were each set of trays longer. Who wants to extend their treatment? Hurts to take them in and out each time you eat, not easy to get teeth brushed b4 putting back in. Mouth sores are a problem. Will never recommend to anyone.

reis

Should perform a more in depth assessment of lifestyle before presenting as the best option. It should be routine to assess for dry mouth.

I should mention that I had very specific request to correct a space left in my teeth that food would become lodged in. After 18 trays there has been ZERO improvement and it is actually worse due to the little attachments they put on my teeth. I am profoundly disappointed and feel held hostage because I paid the $5000 up front.

Sorry to hear that! Has your dentist shown you your Clincheck video? Maybe you can see in that if the space will be corrected, and what stage things are suppose to be at right now, so you will know if you are on track or not. I know you had mentioned difficulty wearing the trays for 22 hours, so it probably won't be on track timeframe wise, but at least you could compare where things are shown at tray 18 & where they actually are. If things are on track, and it shows it corrected after tray 28, maybe there is hope yet!

Started in January 2011. I am on tray 18 of 28.

Oh, so you are well into treatment. I was wondering if you were still just getting used to it & hoping things would get better for you as you went.

I've been hoping things would get better far too long. Was even tested for Sjorgrens because the dry mouth is so troublesome.

Sorry to hear you are less than pleased with your Invisalign experience so far. Do you mind me asking how long you have been in treatement?