45 Years Old, Single Mom......CO2 Laser Treatment with Artefill Injections - Nebo, NC

This was something I had wanted for quite awhile....

This was something I had wanted for quite awhile. I had several sun spots and general sagging. I wanted a more rejuvenated look. I went in for a free consultation and had originally thought I need a mini-face lift. I was greeted by a warm and welcoming receptionist. Dr. Hamel heard that I was there and considering the procedure. He had just finished doing a lift on another patient. With her permission, I was allowed to come into her room. She had JUST finished. She was sitting up smiling. Her husband was with her. To me, that says a lot! A doctor that will allow you to see another patient...Wow! I asked her tons of questions. Soon thereafter, I met with Dr. Hamel. He told me I didn't need the lift, that Artefil would give me a better result. At that time I asked about a tummy tuck. He looked at my stomach and said he could do it. I was really excited! I called the next day to schedule both procedures. One down...one to go! I have to say that Dr. Hamel and his staff are wonderful! I am really, really, REALLY, nervous about the tummy tuck, but I know I am in good hands :-) I will begin posting pics of before soon.

Thanks for sharing your story, you look like you are healing very well and I look forward to your updates. Be sure to share your Tummy Tuck review with us too - how exciting!! Best of luck to you!

10 days post CO2 and Artefil

I have the shine from my night time treatment. I want to keep my face moist especially at night, until it is completely healed. Its hard to tell from the pic, but my skin is much more even. Also, I think I look less droopy and tired since I had the Artefil.
I included a pictured from March 25th. 6 days before the procedure. Additionally, I uploaded a pic from right after. I was swollen and red. I looked like I was straight off the set of the Walking Dead! Lol

Thanks for the update, it really helps to see the before picture :)

I have a feeling you are going to be thrilled with your results, can't wait to see further updates!

One Month Post

I am adding a picture of the one month post procedure. I only have on mascara. I look very tired, that is because of the tummy tuck and my lack of energy lol. Still, I feel I do look better than before. I talked to my doc about possibly adding a bit more to my nasal cannula.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I forgot to add new pic! Lol

I added an old pic, but not the one I wanted. Sorry

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sorry about the pic change, but its for my Tummy Tuck

I am starting to wonder if having the Artefil was worth it. My skin looks better from the CO2 Laser Treatment, but I don't feel I look much different. I am going to get Dr. Hamel to look at once again when I go in for my Tummy Tuck check-up on Thursday.

Dr. John Hamel

I was not nervous when I went into the facility. I took one of my best friends with me for support. The receptionist greeted us and made us feel very welcome. We were taken into a treatment room where we met Travis. I am not sure exactly what his title is, but he is just AMAZING. I had several questions and he patiently answered each one. Travis applied some numbing ointment to my face to make the procedure more comfortable. Dr. Hamel decided it would be best to do the laser treatment before the Artefil. During the 30 minutes or so we waited for the medication to work, I asked Travis tons of questions about my upcoming Tummy Tuck procedure which is scheduled for April 30th. Again, he was AMAZING. I am not going to sugar coat how painful the CO2 Laser Treatment felt on my skin! The numbing agent didn't work on me for some reason. It felt like cigarettes were being stuck to my face! I did have a hose in my had that had cold air pumping out and that helped some. Poor Travis! I said things to him that I wouldn't say to Satan himself. He patiently (AGAIN!!) answered my questions and reassured me through the entire process. Finally, it was over. Dr. Hamel came in and immediately began the Artefil injections. At that point, the needle didn't even hurt. I was still burning from the laser. Travis assisted and they talked to me during the entire procedure. It didn't take very long for this part. After Dr. Hamel finished, Travis applied ointment to my face and neck to soothe and moisturize the treatment area. I was glad that it was over so I could get home and relax. While the laser treatment was painful for me, I understand that it isn't for others. I am pleased with my results. I had a HUGE sun spot on my right cheek, that fell off a few days after. I was amazed! I wish I had more of a lift to minimize my laugh lines and will ask Dr. Hamel on the 30th when I go in for my tummy tuck what he can do. I really had hoped they would be less evident. Overall, I am thrilled.