Scheduling my TT! - Hubert, NC

I have not yet had my tt, but I'm in the...

I have not yet had my tt, but I'm in the process of getting my financing and scheduling in order. I just turned the dreaded 30 earlier this month. I have 3 wonderful children. Two boys and a girl, ages 9, 7 and 4, respectively. I think I was kind of lucky, because only my first child gave me stretch marks. I bounced back to my pre-preggo size after both my boys. My daughter, however, well, she did something crazy to my body! I feel like I'm not me. I've always been a thicker girl, even when I was a size 7. I weighed about 135 pre kids and post boys. I lost my only brother to suicide about 5 years ago. Although I did not eat my way to big, I did end up drinking more than I should of. Drinking, dealing with a suicide and my husband's deployment was apparently too much for my body to handle. I put on 20 lbs in 2 months. When my husband returned home, we decided to have another baby. I got my little princess, but sadly, kept all the weight on. I currently weigh 6 pounds more than I did when I gave birth to her!!! Eww.

As sad as it is, most Americans don't do anything for themselves until it's 1. too late or 2. hits their wallet. If I'm gonna spend $6,000 on anything, you better be sure, I'm gonna get it overhauled prior to. I work, go to college, have three kids and now I need to find time for my body and health. My husband thinks this is an easy way out, but I told him, it's for contouring. I like my shape, just not the muffin top. I'm not a baked good. LOL

My mom is supportive of my decision and my husband says he is (although I don't believe it). I'm afraid to share my journey with his family. I feel that people hear plastic surgery and think frivolous money spending. I'm petrified of having my abdomen cut open. I hate the cost (even though this is a great price). In reality, I think all women wished we could become mothers without being destroyed. I want to be sexy again...I want to feel confident without feeling like a walrus when I sit down and my stomach rolls over my pants. Not only is it not cute, it kind of hurts and it get really sweaty! I know others feel my pain out there. I'll post pictures here shortly. I'm planning my surgery for early August.

April 3, 2012 Super upset times a million. I...

April 3, 2012

Super upset times a million. I called today to set up my surgery date and magically my TT cost went from $6414 to over $9k! I understand these things cost alot...and I'm okay with that. What I'm not okay with is the massive jump from the initial cost I was told to over $9,000. If I had known it was $9k, don't you think I would of gotten financed for that?!

Needless to say, I've been crying and in the dumps all day. That doctor (who is a good doctor) just lost a patient because his staff are incompetent... at least this one lady.

Back to the ol' drawing board. I'm scheduling more consultations with other doctors in the area. It's hard doing consults when I work and go to school. No one seems to understand that cosmetic surgeries are not done in vain anymore...it may change our life for the better.

/hoping to get out of the dumps soon.

Today I met with another surgeon. I liked him.. A...

Today I met with another surgeon. I liked him.. A LOT. I have another consult tomorrow with another doctor and then we'll decide from there. My current BMI is about 32. It's not terrible, but not great either. My doctor wants me to lose about 10-15 pounds to get more from my surgery. I think this is going to be the hardest thing I've ever done. Why? Well, I don't eat terrible, but my addiction is Mt.Dew..and it's a hard habit to bust. I dislike coffee and tea to the point it makes me gag if I drink or smell too much of it, so when I give up soda, I give up that lovely caffeine! LOL I'd rather have a rockin' body than that junk, but quitting a long-term habit is hard.

On a side note, I took my cat to the vet today b/c she's been losing hair for a few months now. I thought it was hyperthyroidism. Turns out, her labs were fine and she's suffering from stress. Now, how funny is that? Poor kitty. $200 later, she is stressed like her mommy and gets a fancy pheromone spray. LOL

Thank you so much for inquiring about my progress!...

Thank you so much for inquiring about my progress! Well, the 2nd surgeon basically said the same thing. They want me to lose about 10 pounds, mainly b/c I'm not getting liposuction on my upper belly (or any other place) and they want me to get the best results. He feels that I will still bulge on top after a tummy tuck, b/c a tuck focuses more on the bottom more than the top. That makes sense. I'm not planning my tuck until this fall/winter time frame, so I have plenty of time.

As for choosing a surgeon..ugh, they both seem amazing & I like their demeanor and approach. I guess I have time to ask more questions and save up more cash (more cash = less on my credit!) At this point, I'm really waiting on the weight loss and then it's all GO TIME.

Weight loss is a slow process and I'm going to plan this by cutting out the soda and incorporating more clean eating/vegetarian aspects into my diet. Oh, yes, and working out!! I have a nice course I can jog in my neighborhood.

I will have to post my measurements & current chub self so I can share my progress in weight loss with everyone.

Anyhow, this time next year, I will be shopping for a sexy TWO-PIECE and getting my tan on at the beach!!

TT, here I come!

Finally got my TT done!!! 32, mom of 3, 180 lbs Pre Op

I have 3 wonderful children. I was able to lose and tone up after I had my boys. Perhaps age and motivation were more on my side. After I had my daughter, I struggled with postpartum depression. I exclusively breastfed. Yeah--that helped no weight move off this body of mine! I began to research the tummy tuck procedure. Even considering this idea was insane to me, because all my children were birthed vaginally. I was petrified of being cut open. I mean, I had rather sneezed the babies out of my nose than to be cut open!

Financially, this was a hard sell to my husband. You know, men see the dollar signs, wear as we see us getting our groove back. No need for all that Victoria's secret lingerie collecting dust in my drawers to go to waste. I wanna rock that--and for my husband! Silly men. As it turned out, I never quite found a surgeon that I felt okay with. I mean, it's almost like going on a blind date. One surgeon told me to eat nothing but iceberg lettuce and chicken. Great advice. Next. Let's be reasonable. I'm all for hard work, but I'm also for educated behaviors.

After 6 years of my daughter being born, I finally decided it was time for myself. I found a great surgeon in the area and I knew it immediately. If you are anything like me, you need the tangible goal to really motivate you. This was do or die...well, not that extreme, but you get the point. I began on the ketogenic diet and lost a total of 16 lbs prior to my procedure. I had 1 liter of fat lipo'd from upper and lower flanks, mons, and upper abdomen. I also had my fascia tightened and approximately 3 lbs of skin/tissue removed.

I'm currently 3 days post op.

1st day post op I was in a lot of pain. I mean, abdominal muscles....pfft. What are those!? I couldn't even flop around like a dying giraffe if my life depended on it. I made myself comfortable on the couch by utilizing over sized European down pillows, along with my regular bed pillows. I was pretty comfortable as long as I didn't move. My pain meds and muscle relaxers have been very close friends to me during this tough time.

Day 3 has been a huge improvement. I've been eating digestive and healing friendly foods, such as yogurt, pineapples, and high protein Boosts. Of course, there have been other foods. I take a multivitamin just to give my body the extra boost. Oh yea---and water. The body rewards you in how you fuel it. Protein heals, remember that. Fiber helps move things along. *wink* I'm pretty bruised from the lipo. I like my results so far, but I haven't got to unwrap the present completely yet.

One of the most important tidbits I can share is to ambulate early (get up and walk). If you feel you can't, then do leg pumps and flex your feet. This will help prevent blood clots. Deep breathe when possible. Abdominal surgeries have a high risk of developing blood clots in the lower extremities.

That's all I have for now. You'll know your surgeon when you meet him or her. It will just click. Gl ladies and gents out there!

photos of current progress

Here are a few pics of what I have. I'll get the tubes and stuff changed in a week.

I will disclose my doctor later on when I choose one definitely. :)