So Nervous and Scared but Want the T.T. Done and over with

I am going in for a tummy tuck on august 09, 2010....

I am going in for a tummy tuck on august 09, 2010. my pre-op is july 27, 2010. i am having mixed feelings about the surgery. i just gave birth to my beautiful son 8 weeks ago and I am tired of having this gut. I always wanted the surgery but I knew that I wanted one more child. now that he is here.... I am ready, or at least I think I am. I guess I better get ready, cause the big day is coming. need some reassurance though please offer any advice espcially if you have used this Dr. to perform T.T on you. need some feedback pleeeaase. THANKS

Hello, everyone my surgery date was prosponed till...

hello, everyone my surgery date was prosponed till august 20th because i came down with a bad cold. now I have 11 more days of worrying and it is driving me nuts!!!!. at least i have more time to prepare. welp august 20th will be here soon so i quess I will do as much preparing as I can. just to add ...... this site is wonderful. thank you all for your support as I prepare for my big day.

Here is my update. my surgery is friday august...

here is my update. my surgery is friday august 20th a general surgeon will be coming in to repair my ventral hernia and my PS will then do the TT. I am still feeling mixed up. one minute I am excited, and the next minute I am terrified. The outcome better be worth all of the stress I am going through right now.this has been an awful journey so far because of the depression and mixed emotions I am putting my self through and i have not even had the surgery yet.I just PRAY that all goes well and smooth.

With that being said i ordered a lift recliner that lifts you up and down from the floor i rented it from rent-a-center so my husband would not have to help me everytime i need to get up. he is gone have enough on his plate. i got the idea from wacole who is also a realself member. ( THANK YOU SWEETIE) since i hear a lot of people complaining of back pain i got me a walker and tomorrow i will be getting one of those elderly toilet seats you know the ones that sits up high so you dont have to bend down so low to use the bathroom. i got me some button down shirts and some drawstring pants.

My mother will be keeping the baby for the first three days and then she will keep him in the mornings all the way till the evening (which will be about 8:00am till about 8:00pm.) my husband will pick him up in the evenings and attend to his needs at night. i got the baby on a firm schedule so he has been sleeping through the night since he was 1 month old. my mother-in law will be helping out prn also.

I have had other surgeries but this one is taking me through a loop mentally.... I am still just scared..... was anybody else experiencing extreme anxiety?

Today is august 18th and my surgery is scheduled...

Today is august 18th and my surgery is scheduled for august 20th and I may be the first one on realself who cancels their surgery and lose 25% of their money because of fear. it just does not seem right to me. i am running into people who i have not seen in a while. people out the wood works calling me to say hi. the recliner came today and i asked my husband to fix the remote and he said( come here and let me show you how to do it just in case something happens to me.) yesterday my mother- inlaw said are you tired... I said yes!!!! from running around with these kids and taking my mother to her appts. she said ( dont worry one day you will be at peace.) NOW is that something you say to a person who is about to go under the knife. i am soooo confused because my husband is gone be upset from losing 25% of his money and more importantly i really do need my ventral hernia repaired because it really do bother me. i just keep thinking of negative things in which i am trying to think positive but these thoughts just keep coming. i am not sure what i will do at this point. i am trying to leave it up to my higher power.i am on my knees praying that the lord makes the right decision for me!!!!!

I DID IT! MY GOD IS GOOD! THANK YOU LORD.I HEAR...

I DID IT! MY GOD IS GOOD! THANK YOU LORD.I HEAR alot of people talking about how scared they are but I think i have been the scaredest person on realself to have a TT. i had a tough, tough time going through with this. I almost fully cancelled 4 times. I even cancelled 2 hours before the procedure and did not care on how much money we were about to lose. had it not been for my husband who encouraged me to head on to the surgery center. Once we arrived, I was seriously terrified. and again, could not go through with it( TRUST ME, I WOULD HAVE CANCELLED AT THE SURGERY CENTER) had it not been for the anesthesiologist who made me feel VERY, VERY comfortable. thats when I gave the ok to proceed with the surgery.I DID IT!!!! WOW I STILL CANT BELIEVE I DID IT! I am 1 week post op and looking forward to some of the swelling to go down so i can see a more firm result.

Dr. victor k. Au

well I have not had the surgery yet so i cannot give any strong advice about my PS or my experience. I will post something after I receieve the surgery.

I went Dr. Au for a consult today and am trying to decide on tt with him. I'm 165 and 5'4 and I was wondering your wt. and if u have any pics u would share? Where u happy w the dr. and results. Any info would be helpful ! Thanks! Christina
Mayback, did you get the surgery done? I didn't see a reply to you. I just have to say that I would like to read a thread from 9850anon, with your updates, instead of you posting on mayback's thread. It's really confusing to someone reading everything. Just my opinion.
*From you, not to you.
On the 29th I will be 8 weeks post op TT and MR. Seems so long ago. So far the scale has stayed about the same loss 12-13lbs and the inches around my waist lost 9-9.5. Still get tired and am still wearing the compression garment. feeling much better. The "spots" that were having a hard time healing are finally closing up. Feel great.
Congratulations! God is good. I knew you'd make it through. Now the biggie is the recovery phase. You'll be fine. I'll continue to pray for you.
thank you1 1love as i will do the same.
Hi Mayback... how did it go... hope u didn't back out. I have the same feelings as u.. things seem to be happening to stop me from going thro' with it... am I being superstitious ? Let me know whats happening with u.
Hey Mayback! Did you get your surgery done? I just saw your post. lemme know if you did and tel me how it was.
I am 15 days Post op. My drains were removed yesterday. That was very uncomfortable. I almost wish that the the nurse would not have told me what to expect. Another day in bed after that. Limited movement for 24 hours. I still feel swollen and don't feel totally comfortable standing all the way straight. The stitches for the belly button were removed as well and they took some of the scabs off so that the incision site will heal better. No bandages for a week then I will get a silicone strip that will help the healing of the scar. Compression garment is still being used. ***Hint to all. I have been extremely constipated to the point I had to pull the feces out by hand. Grossssss!!! it was like a plug in there. Husband went to buy prune juice. It helped a lot.
Awe Mayback, sorry you are not feeling well and had to postpone your surgery. Even though sometimes things happen that seem negative but it's for the best. So I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you approach your big. Are you over your cold?
hey 1love, yes i am finally over the cold. have a light cough though. i went to my primary doctor and he gave me mucinex DM it seems to be working. my mom will be keeping the baby for the first three days and then through out the day after that. then my husand will pick him up in the evenings and care for him at night till i recover. he is sleeping through the night also. so i have my plan together for the kids. i am just still so worried. i just dont know how to relax. excited one minute scared to death the next. I did not know this process comes with so much of a mental and emotional drain.
I am at day 12 and still have the drains in. Today the left was a little more red than normal and it was 20cc's while the rt was only 10. I still cannot stand up straight and hopefully I will be able to soon. I am not as tired as before which is a good thing. Still no pain. I am so ready to get the drains out. I go in for another post op on the 12th so hopefully.
@9850anon Thank you! Mayback, I'm sorry you had to reschedule, but, it will be here before you know it. I go in this Thursday to have mine done.
Good Luck with your procedure on Thursday. I Hope you are staying in an aftercare facility.
well I Was suppose to be going in for my surgery on monday august 09, 2010 but i ran into some road blocks. my entire household was sick. I caught a very bad cold it felt like i had the flu. fever,running nose, headache, body aches,sore throat and i did so much coughing, my stomach muscles were sore. i went to my doctor and he gave me an antibiotic to knock it out.although i am feeling better, my PS decided that it was best to prospone it until i am fully recovered. i am so glad because not only that, my menstrual cycle came on too. the new surgery date will be august 20, 2010. i Am still looking forward now, then before knowing my PS made a safe decision. hope all of you who got the surgery are recovering well. any advice on how you are handling it will be appreciated. thank you all.
I was just reading about being sick and then having a TT. I too think your PS did the right thing. You also want your family to be well enough to take care of you. My hubby has been the primary in the evening. My kids during the day. All is good though. Best of luck on the 19th if you do not post before then.
sorry re-read the 20th.
@tensixteen6 I just had my Full TT on the 29th, July. It went well... I did pass out on the evening of the 31st my husband said I just fell. I woke up on the floor him yelling my name. Called the Dr. that night and he said it could be because of the medicine but since I was talking and coherent he was not too concerned. I had a good night's sleep although my husband did not... He stayed awake watching me. I however, at day 4 did not need any more pain meds. I have been walking more but needing to rest. The pain, to me is much more bearable than it was with the c-sections. Less stress since you do not have a baby to feed, change etc. I have to say I look great. swollen, but good. I had a shower on day 4 as well, did not see myself until then. I have been drinking tons of water, cold watermellon and please take your stool softeners they really help as you will be constipated. Get a wedge also as you will need to have your head supported, I have tons of pillows as well. @SayHayNay You are so right, we always try to do more than we should. I am almost a week in and feel great. I have cooked dinner twice with the help of my daughter ( she was getting tired of sandwiches that her father was making) LOL. I work but have my phone next to me with my computer but still I am sleeping anytime I get a chance. I have a post op on the 5th and hoping but not really expecting to get my drains out. How long did it take you? Today the first draining I got 10cc out of both sides. Hope you are doing better. Only a little bruising... was taking an anti bruising cream and meds.that they recommended. worked wonders.
Well went back to work today (5 days post TT) and bad move. I felt so great even after surgery, but need more time to rest. I now have a slight fever and quizzy. Since I have been home from this afternoon and laying with my feet up, I feel so much better. I don't think I have an infection, just my body telling me to knock it off. Well now i will be laying down for the next week regardless. Please take as much time as you can to heal before going back to work even if it is a sit down job.
Thanks for all of the great comments....I am going in for a breast lift and TT and lipo back on August 4... I am glad that the same nervousness is a common thread..after my 2 pregnancies and recently losing 50 pounds I am ready for this time that is about me. :) I am on a family vaca right now, but all I can think about is my surgery next week. I can't wait to hear how your surgery goes and good luck!
It's good to read about the c-section comments. Thanks for posting those! I've had 4 c-sections, two with kids, two for other surgeries and I wanted to know how it would feel afterwards, from someone that's been through it, not just from my doctor and what he's heard. I go in on August 12th for my TT with lipo and I'm pretty excited about it. I posted a thread somewhere here with my story.. I think if you click on my name you can see it.
@sayhaynay, Congrats on your surgery.. forgot to say that the first time around! Where did you have it done and did you stay at a recovery center for the first night?
Thank you. Today is day 3 and I feel great. I am definately going back to work on Wednesday for at least a few hours. I just feel a bit quizzy from the vicodin, but now I will be taking Motrin since I can now tolerate the pain. I had the surgery done on Long Island, NY. Today I got to see my stomach and I can definately see the difference but it is still very swollen. My hips are black and blue and swollen as well from the Lipo on the flanks. Hopefully they will go down as well.
@ sayhayNay, thanks... I am just feeling overwhelmed. I have three kids although they are 10,15, and 16 I still feel like they need me and trying to get food prepared house cleaned and organizing my workload so that I can relax and recover. I have all the medicine yeah me. i just feel that there is so much more to do and also worried that I will do too much during recovery that I won't heal very well. @ 6510anon, I too have had multiple c-sections and during recovery I was up and doing everything I am afraid that I will do that again and I don't want to. I am staying at a recovery center for the first night so that hopefully will help. Although I have wanted this for years and have done my research for months, it just seems like it is coming so quickly. I am hoping that I get good results. Thanks for the advice I will drink lots of water.
hi 9850, I had a tummy tuck performed on Tuesday, July 20th, today, five days later, I'm a little sore, but I feel and look great!!! Feeling nervous is definitely to be expected, I felt the same way, I was also concerned about infections and every other thing that could possibly go wrong. I listened to the nurses and doctors, followed through with their regime and I'm fine. You will be too. Eveyone's recovery period is differnt,so its hard to compare. I had had two c- sections so, I sort of related the pain to those eperiences, but actually, the tummy tuck is a little worse since in addition to everything else, my muscles were tightened. Don't worry, you'll do fine. Remember to drink lots of water and walk ASAP.