My Date is Set - North Carolina

I'm 62 years old, 5'0, and 160 pounds. I...

I'm 62 years old, 5'0, and 160 pounds. I have a scheduled date for May 10. Is 62 too old for surgery? I've read a lot of the other blogs but most of you are younger. I'm very up beat about having the surgery. I've gone from a 34B to a 40D in 5 years and still growing, even if I drop 10-20 pounds. I have a lot of shoulder and neck pain, with large digits in my shoulder. I was very impressed with my doctor and his staff. They took pictures, did measurements, and discussed his procedure . He will not remove the nipple, he will not put drainage tubes in, he will remove the fat tissue with laser surgery. Is this the normal way? How soon did most people return to work? I'm hoping to go back to work in 2.5 weeks? Is this too soon? I work as an adm assistant. I sit and work on the computer most of the time, but I can get up and walk around. I'm hoping I'll get lots of support from the group. Will be checking back in.

Who is your Dr in NC?
Who is your Dr in NC?
Saying a prayer for you and your surgeon
I've got my 2 hoodies, 2 pairs of button up PJ,s, talked with my doctors assistant by email and she told me I would come home in a tube top and to purchase camisoles to wear when I get home, nothing that has a band around the stitched area. I also talked with her about liposuction around the waist area and belly area. Will wait for my doctor to respond to that question. I really appreciate every one's response. It's helping me to prepare for my surgery, even though I have over a month to wait.
Thanks so much for your post. I wrote down everything and I'm going to get some shirts that button up. I can't remember when I wore a button up shirt last. I always had a hard time keeping the buttons from popping open. Now I'll really look forward to enjoying new tops.
I had a tough time finding button ups. I had in my closet a black zip up hoodie jacket and a brown one. I just wore those as shirts. They were light jackets and they worked just fine.
4x4 gauze pads, soft foods, stool softeners, entertainment like books, puzzle books, movies, etc, Tylenol because you probably own't need your Rx painkillers long. Good luck and keep us posted!
Ice packs at home for sure. If you have a recliner sleep in it the first night. If not have lots of pillows on your bed. (I made my recliner and bed up before I left for surgery. When I got home i could just lay right down and snooze) To the hospital-zip or button up shirt for sure. Pillow for drive home. (Seatbelts are uncomfortable for a while) I had lipo. It was more sore then the incisions. Good Luck.
I'm getting to feel more relaxed about the surgery. I do need some help from those who have had their surgery; what do I need to have at home when I come home? What should I take with me to the hospital? I will meet with my doctor one week before surgery, and they may give me the information.
Did everyone also have lipo along with their surgery?
Thanks ladies for your support!
I took 3 weeks off but could of went back in 2. I think you will be fine. No you are not to old. Never heard of the laser surgery. You will have to let us know more about it. Good Luck!
Welcome, Mols! I didn't have laser but I was back to work at 2 weeks. It was a bit tiring but got better as I built up my stamina (I'm a nurse in a busy clinic) but I don't know how the techniques compare.
And 62 is certainly not too old! When I had decided to have mine the person I was most nervous to tell was my 80 year old grandma. When I finally got up the nerve she was so excited and happy for me and said she wished she was 20 years younger because she wished she could have it done. She thinks it would have helped with her back and neck pain that has gotten worse as she has aged. So my opinion is...GO FOR IT! It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks...this is for you!
Good Luck!
hi! I am not sure what the recovery would be like with laser surgery. I havent even heard of it...i had mine done the old fashion way. He cut me up lol. Laser surgery sounds pretty fancy!