I couldn't fault this operation/the results, the lead up to, and now the post-op care if I tried. Dr Milovic and his team are amazing, and have gone out of their way to assist me where needed. My surgery has changed my life dramatically in just the 6 weeks that I have been post-op, and the Dr Milovic and his amazing surgery he performed on me is the soul reason!
After an initial consult, and clearing up some required paperwork, I booked in my surgery for only 1 month ahead - such a tiny waiting time!
As a Transgender man, the results of my chest surgery mean the absolute world to me. Bad results can only increase my daily body dysphoria. From seeing other Transmen on the internet, there is a great deal of things that can go wrong-aesthetically wise-not to physically, eg blood clots.
Alot of Transmen have surgery where nipple placement can be uneven, stretched or in the wrong position in terms of placement on the pectoral muscle. Additionally, thick or wonky scars can often lead to judgement, harassment or weird/questioning looks when a Transman is shirtless eg at the pool.
Dr Milovic explained he would prefer to shy away from the common 'inverted T anchor' method, where scars are large and easily visible as they sit at the front of the torso, and instead make an incision around the entire nipple, then diagonally outward and down, so that the scars are hidden to the side of the body and underneath the arms.
While this method is not a common one for Transman, Dr Milovic was certain that this would provide the best outcome for scarring and be aesthetically pleasing. And he was 100% right.
Currently I am just a few days over 6 weeks post op, and all bruising and pain has subsided. Whilst I do still have skin folding due to some swelling, I am certainly close to completely recovered!
- hassle free
- thin, neat and straight incisions
- taking into account the masculinity of a hairy chest, Dr Milovic shaved the most minimal amount of hair possible for the surgery, which I found to be very thoughtful
- dressings were well placed and comfortable, and lasted a long time
- my main concern was my nipples 'dieing' after surgery but they are fine
- Dr Milovic offers free post-op care up to 1 year
- His office practice have had all necessary post-op care ites available for purchase to minimise hassle of finding the correct items at pharmacies, and give easy to understand advice on usage EG. silicone tape, surgical compression vests
- He is often busy/you may need to book a consult a few weeks ahead.
(However, not yet have I found a medical practitioner who isn't busy!)