wasteoftime

AWFUL... you can read my other posts. I don't care...

AWFUL... you can read my other posts. I don't care that Ultherapy says this SHOULD not happen. One is enough. I researched this thoroughly and am told the machine malfunctioned or my Dr made an error? who cares when I have 2 holes on my cheek. ??Emotionally this has been a nightmare. I am going for a second derm opinion.

Finally Ulthera has come to a conclusion and...

Finally Ulthera has come to a conclusion and contacted my Dr- Seems the machine did something they never anticipated? There will be a new safety- software added to Ulthera etc but that certainly DOES NOT change the fact that I am left with a scar. Supposedly they are calling but have not called. and i don't expect them to. I am seeking advice from a lawyer at this point.

BYE

BYE

I've been promising to post my pics here but my doctor won't give them to me! I received partial copies of my medical records and specifically requested the pictures. Not only did I have NO results 7 months after Ultherapy, but still have pain and numbing. My doctor is taking NO responsibility.
In Washington the doctor can charge a set rate for copies but cannot refuse to give them to you. Put medical record law and your state name into a search to find out your rights
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I, too, had an awful experience. My neck is still numb and it has been 3 months! I had severe nerve damage, but, of course, my doctor claims it will go away. BULL. If someone starts a lawsuit against ulthera, please post so we can all join. What bothers me most is that they fail to inform the public and, according to two doctors offices, the doctors themselves about possible problems.
Others are talking about starting a class action suit.
Hi, I posted a review of ultherapy last year on Real Self. I ended up with a dent under my right eye on the top part of the cheek. It is still there! Hope yours fills in.
thank you Megan but my Derm. has taken full responsibility and is treating me. ULTHERA is 100 % at fault here and should be doing something for my emotional and physical stress since that awful May 9th day.

Thanks for sharing an update with us chloedog. I'm very glad to hear that the company is taking this serious enough to put some new safety features in place. I can completely understand why you are upset about having a scar now. We have communities focussed on scar treatment and scar removal. Perhaps reading some of the reviews and talking with some of the community members in them will help you find options for treating the scar.

Yea! Sure it will be OK.
thank you... ! its just one small lesion on the bottom side of my face. My DR has been really great about it and we still have not heard back fro Ulthera.. But we are going to start a laser on it next week. I see limited tightening?
Sorry this happened; yeah, it hurt like hell and I got zero results, for a fat price. I think I'm done with facial procedures. I hope your skin heals OK. I've had bad chemical peel results in the past and eventually, skin returned to normal. So, keep your chin up.
It is a dirty little secret that cortisone shots can induce atrophy in the area it is injected. Those holes in your face could be the result of the shots of cortisone, on top of the malfunctioning of the machine! It will still require the punch out or fat grafting. Cortisone is way overused and not so good for you. Just sayin. But thanks for letting us know, I was researching having Ultherapy done, so am glad to know of the potential side effects.
i never saw this post. I was told cortisone could reduce the swelling when it first happened? it was only one shot not 2. the holes which have closed somewhat were from the ultherapy. I now have a kidney shaped scar which My Dr is using a laser Fraxel once a month.
I just basically said the same thing before this comment!! I'm glad somebody else was thinking that! I would bet that the injection caused this. I perform the Ultherapy Treatments in my office, and I've never made it a practice to inject the welts that can sometimes form. They go away with time.
Intralesional and IM injections of Kenalog can cause atrophy. On the face we use low doses, such as 2-5 mg/cc to inject everything from acne to alopecia areata. If too much is injected, or if using a higher concentration, such as 10 mg/cc, atrophy can occur. If your doctor is a dermatologist, I suspect he did it appropriately, and I doubt the subsequent scarring was related to the injection. You can ask your doctor what concentration was used and how much was injected. I suspect he used 2-5 mg/cc and injected 1-2 ml.

Hi wasteoftime, I had cortisone injected in a scar above my lip and I had a nice size hole that it created about a week later, it got worse and started to get better. I have a feeling the indent is from the cortisone.

Don't do Ultherapy. Huge waste of money with zero results!
sorry i guess you are right.. as than God it is not 3 inches.. Saw my Derm today. He feels it is filling in.. wants to wait longer and do FRAXEL. on the entire face. I only had the Ultherapy done on my right side and lower left jaw. what do you think of that procedure. I guess what i like is its gradual. he said we would do multiple treatments. thanks again for your input. he said seeing my lesion in person is not the same as a pic. I am also consulting with their plastic surgeon on Monday. Another pair of eyes cant hurt.
I am confused about your measurements. The first photograph shows a site that I would estimate to be around 6-8 millimeters (mm). A centimeter (cm) is equal to 0.4 inches (10 millimeters), so an 8 cm injury would be 3.1 inches in length. I think you mean that it was 8 mm, don't you? Can you clarify this for me?
I recommend a biopsy because it appears to be epithelialized, the epithelial lining has formed over the ice-pick scar, or dilated pore. That means that it will not improve further, so we are now onto a corrective treatment. As I noted, if you core out the scar and close the skin side-to-side it should heal up quickly and nicely. Just a recommendation! Good luck!

As far as how did this happen I am totally at a loss. The transducer lays down a series of 15-20 small dots of thermalcoagulation. Why only two dots side-by-side? The transducer contains water (the medium used to transmit and focus the sound waves), but there is a small amount of air in the transducer head which transmits and focuses the sound wave. If the technician turns the transducer upside down, and this can happen when treating under the jaw line if you are not careful, then bubbles can trap in the head of the transducer as it moves across the arm in the transducer... This could result in a misfire and focus of the sound wave more superficially resulting in epidermal injury. The injury is usually a small welt or a small 1-2 mm white superficial burn that does not ulcerate. It usually heals up in a few days. In over 350 cases that we have done, we have seen this only twice, just under the jaw line and in both cases there was no significant complication. Also, remember that because it uses ultrasound during treatment we are actually visualizing the layers of your skin. If air traps in the head, or too little gel is utilized on the face during treatment, the ultrasound image does not transmit and you know that there is an issue usually. If it is a small air bubble then it will show as a black spot on the screen with no sound wave transmissions to the deeper tissues, but if it is only a small portion of the image it might not have been detected before firing the machine. I hope this helps.
Initially is was a welt. The Derm did a cortisone shot immediately to reduce swelling. Then as it healed, 2 holes in the center became visible. 2 weeks ago it measure 8 cm x 3 cm. Last week 6 cm x 2 cm. Today, another week later the size is the same but the space in the center is shrinking some. They tell me it should fill in more?
The problem occurred after he had don the jaw on the left side and then moved up to the cheek. It's only about an inch from the bottom of my jaw on the side of my face. adding a pic from today.
Are you confusing the term biopsy with removal? Biopsy does mean testing the removed tissue, am I not correct? She knows the cause of the lesion, which was the Ulthera machine, so I'm not sure a biopsy would be necessary.
i thought the same.. 'have the tissue sent off to pathology" was not sure why? my Derm feels it wil fill some more but I am seeing a plastic surgeon o Monday and will let him decide. Honestly after 4+ week of a hole in my face is long enough.. i would be happy to close it at this point. I usually heal very quickly.
It is referred to as a "punch biopsy." But don't let that confuse you. We often use punch biopsy for cosmetic reasons also, such as removing chicken pox scars, or acne scars. It cores out the contracted, bound down tissue which allows the pysyician to close the tissue side-by-side, resulting in minimizing the replacement scar. I would send the tissue off to pathology to get a good look, it could help determine what promoted the scar formation.
Kennalog is a common steroid used in injections. The risks of Kennalog do include indentations. I had a fairly large acne bump on my chin about a year ago and had it injected. It left a divot that we filled with juvederm. Have you thought that maybe the injections have left you with the scarring?