I am so excited to finally have a date settled for...

I am so excited to finally have a date settled for the TT! I have a 2 1/2, 3 1/2 and 7 year old sons, all big boys delivered c-section. I am 36 and very active- I work out usually 5-6 days a week doing crossfit, pilates, I teach spin classes twice a week and I am an avid runner! (currently training for 2 half marathons that I will do before the surgery) I have the diastasis recti of my ab muscles and loose skin that isn't going anywhere no matter how much more exercise and clean eating I am going to do. I am constantly putting a purse, arm, or something over my stomach as I walk through restaurants, etc because I am paranoid about it. My friends think I am crazy because I am so in shape and small but as I tell them, You don't see me naked! Luckily I have a supportive husband that knows I am doing this for myself and my self confidence.....I am nervous about not being able to work out afterwards since it a part of my daily routine. But after spending a lot of time on this site, I know that I will need to remember the short term (I hope) recovery is going to be so worth the long term reward of this. I really like the doc I have chosen and she tells me that most of her "fit" patients are able to be moving around decently after a couple weeks and I could probably start slowly walking/jogging around 4 weeks if I felt like it. I am nervous but have been wanting this so long- it's the right time to get it done! And I bought 6 bikinis at Victoria Secret after summer sale a couple weeks ago..so now I have to right? :)

Your boobs look amazing!
Thank you! Those are compliments of Dr. Marc Salzman in Louisville, KY...he is a great doc too!
People told me that I was crazy. However I must say that it was the best decision that I made! I can't wait to read about your results!!

Pre-Op Next Week

Just looked at my calendar and my pre-op is next week!! Very excited!! My doctor is using Experel for pain...any of you ladies had experience with that??

The time between the pre op appt and the surgery day seems to fly by. Good luck to you. You are going to be so happy you took advantage of the VS sale.

Driving n cryin

I cannot wait to be driving down the road and not look down and see my roll!! 2 weeks and 4 days!!!!!

Very excited for you! Soon your day will come!
Hi, we are having surgery the same day! I am a runner too (I'm doing a half ten days before my surgery). Good luck on your runs and surgery!

Pre Op Appt Done

I am so excited I can't stop smiling!!! Got my script for my anti-bodic and percocet! Now I just have to wait 11 days....I can't say how much I love my doctor and the fact she is a woman!!! She drew where my scar will be and it is so low- she is going to use my c-section scar area and some of my staple scars will be gone- yay for that!!! I think I am mostly excited for the muscle repair.....my abs are really strong from all the working out I do, and I can't wait to show them off one day. She did say I can walk/ recumb bike etc in as little as 2 weeks but no core work for 3 months. I can't handle that!! As long as I can get back to running (when comfortable) I will be a happy camper. Again, so excited I am giddy....to finally "repair" my body from childbirth...every mom should be able to and I am so thankful to have the means to do it!!!

Scar line

She drew with a pen where my scar will be... So happy!!!!

Photo from today

Nice and low!!!

Good luck you're going to look fantastic x
Exciting!!! You are going to have amazing results!! Can't wait to see them :)
The countdown has started. My incision seemed higher than what the PS said it would be post op but when the swelling started going down I noticed it was super low.

One Week to Go!

Just waiting waiting waiting...feel like I have a few things I need to get but time is moving so slow and so fast all at the same time. Feeling a little nervous when I sit and think about it too much- so I won't!! I have a birthday celebration this Saturday night and plan on "living" it up since I won't be for a bit after the big day!

48 hours to go!

In 48 hours I will be asleep and getting things repaired!

What a week. I lost 5 pounds due to stress (I don't eat when things are going bad in my life) and was told by my husband I should think about postponing my surgery. Um...HELL NO. I have wait too long. I was worried about the half marathon I was supposed to run yesterday because poor nutrition the week of a race is a huge no no. I have been training for this race for months...It was going to be my last hurrah with the extra skin jiggling while I ran...I wanted to PR (personal record )..yesterday was supposed to be MY DAY. Guess what? IT WAS!!! New half marathon PR 1:57:01....I have to say this is why I run. The stress, the emotion...I took it all out on that road and it felt FAN FREAKIN TASTIC. My sister came in town yesterday-she is going to help with my boys and me next week....we went out last night and hit the town...had so much fun. Again, more of my last hurrah mentality as I know I am going to be laid up for a bit and have to deal with some other family issues after.

So now, I am enjoying movie time with my boys..doing some laundry, trying to get things in "order" before my big day Tuesday. I am nervous but can't wait...and keep hear my awesome doctor tell me "you are the perfect candidate"....

One dose of Colace down......

Good luck tomorrow sending you positive vibes.
Thank you!! I am nervous and excited...and hoping I can get a decent nights sleep!!! :)
That is fantastic about your run time. Enjoy the fun time and don't think of your surgery it will all be good. You'll be on the flat side soon

Night Before

Tomorrow is the big day! I am leaving my house at 8:30 a.m. to go to my doc's office to get marked (will post pics tomorrow!) and my surgery is scheduled for Noon. Got the call from the Anesthesiologist today....so weird she told me it was ok to drink water and black coffee up until 8 am...all my papers said nothing after midnight so call my doc to confirm. Yes, nothing allowed...just like when I had my c-sections....very odd. Oh well, glad I knew it was wrong! I am sure I will have some time on my hands to post...

And as we say.... I will see you on the flat side!!!!!

Good Luck Dallasstar, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow.
Good luck tomorrow
Good luck tomorrow!! Thoughts and prayers are headed your way :-)

Just got marked...

Just checked into the outpatient surgery center. Still loving my doctors excitement of how good I will look! Not really nervous yet...2 more hours and I will getting fixed!!!!

Good luck!
Good luck! You will (and already, TT just gonna reveal it) have a fantastic belly!
Good Luck today!

Headed home

Surgery went great! Nurse said "not sure how small you were before but you are tiny now" music to my ears...pain is all in abs...not too awful... Maybe 7 on scale 1-10...ready to pop a pain pill second I walk in the door!

You do look tiny ! Glad to hear you are doing well !
you look great!! congrats! happy healing.
That looks like seriously small waist line girl!

The Morning After- Day 1

It is 8 a.m. my time, surgery was yesterday at Noon so not quite 24 hours. Slept horribly last night, get a couple hours in, then woke up...was up at 4 and was sleeping wonderfully when hubby walks in at 7 a.m. because I was so quite and he hadn't heard me...ERRRRR. Feeling sore, but not too much worse than yesterday but the day has just began. Plan on laying in bed all day but will be getting up to get my walks in to prevent clots. Can tell I am swollen up (as expected!) and will send over pics next. And I am being a wimp and afraid to look just yet..was thinking I would attempt shower tomorrow then peek.....but I who knows- I may break down later and check things out.

1st morning pics

I can tell I am swollen- like I am supposed to be!

Oops too fast

2 other pics

Your pics look great your lucky you don't have to wear this body girdle my dr recommended ($110) it was this or full body suit! When do you have your next dr apt?
I go back next Tuesday... Already seeing some straw colored liquid... Thinking this is a good sign ? How about you?
You look so teeny, can't wait to see the unveiling :)

Changing Pain Meds

Since I am getting no sleep on Percocet my nurse is calling in Loritab. I am so wired on the Percocet my mind is racing! The pain relief is good but must sleep to heal... New meds will be here in an hour, hoping to catch a long nap shortly thereafter!

Congratulations!!!! Can't wait to see your results. How are you feeling today? Can't remember, did you have full MR? Just curious if anyone ever said anything to you like, "You're so small why are you doing this?" lol. I have this fear I'll walk into surgery and the receptionists will be like, "What are you doing here?" But they must see thinner, fit girls like us, right? At least the OR nurses will see all the skin....don't know why I'm worried about office staff. lol!
Your photos look absolutely wonderful. I hope you sleep some tonight. Will you have to do compression garments Stage I/II? I haven't discussed that the dr. yet.
Your waist looks like it is going to be super tiny. Nice legs too. Happy healing!

Day 2

I have to say, I am feeling pretty darn good for just having major surgery. The new pain meds must have helped, got 5-6 hours of sleep in a row last night. Got up this morning standing almost straight- just comfortably not trying to by any means. Made my kids some breakfast, but have to say by the time they left I was ready for some rest time. I took my first shower- had to shave my legs..so itchy in compression socks with stubble. I didn't wash my hair (though very able to raise my arms over my head no problem at all), just slowly washed the body. Had to call the doc about my belly button cover because it seem to come off a little and I didn't want wet stuff getting all nasty when I put my compression garment off. Glad I called, it was just gauze and I took it off and poof there is the belly button. I am pleased with how it looks. That was one of my worries..I have seen some jacked up belly buttons on tummy tucks before. And as my Doc told me..."Don't judge the bellybutton too soon!" she said they can look pretty weird at first. I had my first BM....it was very uneventful..yay! I have been taking colace for that and last night my stomach was rumbling every which way so added my probiotics back in...I usually take them just because. So at this moment, I am pain free ...sitting back on my bed and about to enjoy a day of silence and rest. Namaste & happy healing.

Day 2 photo

After shower

You are soooo lucky! You got a shower, see your belly button, no major pain and you look amazing! Hope I can get to your version of the flat side it sounds like more fun than mine!
You look great!
Thank you for sharing! You look so great!!! Can I ask??? What did you tell the kids? I have two 2 1/2 girls and was wondering what to say?

Not much new here....heal baby heal.....

Well got pretty decent sleep last night, I seem to drift off early (like 8-9ish)..wake up at 1 am (where I then take another pain pill) then sleep until 7. I am a side sleeper so this sleeping propped up on my back is a new world...considering as much, I am happy with the amount of sleep I am getting. So last night I was less propped up and nothing under my legs...felt like I was getting more horizontal and it felt fine. Same amount of discomfort this morning as yesterday...just feeling sore and little bit of lower back pain I have been hearing about. Felt like I was walking pretty straight this morning, reading conflicting things as if this is good or bad but I am going to listen to my body and go with it. Better to be kind to my back/spine then worry about if things are "tight" enough on the belly. And I did "over do it" last night..I had a friend over and was moving around too much...lesson learned was all blown up ...laying down last night felt so good. I remember after having my c-sections, hospital nurses were telling me "we have to watch you, you do too much too soon"...so I have to slow it down. There is no blue ribbon for fastest recovery...I am just so used to my go- go-go lifestyle this is a change...going to try to enjoy it. I have the house all to myself today, so going to get some work done on the laptop and enjoy the SILENCE and STILLNESS.

Still and silent is hard for me, too! That's the worst part of recovery when you are a go, go, go person. How about some movies? I found with my ba recovery, I didn't want to read or do ANYthing that required brain power. But surfing facebook or watching movies helped pass the time. Heard you shouldn't watch anything that's going to make you bust out laughing, though, but don't know how true that is!
I want to watch some funny stuff, but yes, don't need to be laughing!! Been reading a ton...by the way I would highly recommend Lean In by Sheryl Sanderberg...good read for women. And I have magazines everywhere!! :)
You already look so tiny!!! It will be fun watching you heal, you're gonna be so flat and trim!

Day 4

Woke up feeling about the same..little sore, slow getting up. After being up for an hour, saw it was time to measure my fluid and thought I would take a peek. My swelling is down a touch, not sure if anyone can tell by the photo but I can tell...very excited about that! Although I know it is still so early on, there is a long road ahead of swell hell....Feeling confident I will get the drain out Tuesday at my 1 week appt. My first full day home, I was at 35 ml, second day at 33ml, yesterday at 22 ml and started out today with 10 ml....all those numbers going in the right direction! My doc said my drain can come out when I am draining less than 30 ml and it is straw color. I can see some straw color coming through but still red when I am emptying the drain. Also, going to start spreading out pain meds (if body allows)..took my last one at 2 a.m.....going to see if I can go a couple more hours before popping one. Going to enjoy a full weekend of rest hopefully....I am a real estate broker and one of my clients wants to see a house tomorrow...may let hubby drive me and get out and show it to her...we'll see! Got to make some $ to help pay for my awesome new tummy!!

Last note, hubby came in to take today's pics and said "Wow, it's like you never had kids"....bhahahaha.....not really hon...not really at all... (hearing 3 loud bandshee boys screaming and yelling in the other room as he says this)....

Day 4 photos

Little less swelling- I was in bed all day yesterday and taking down the water!

Oh wow you came out fabulous! I hope you are feeling good ..listen to your body elevate you feet and rest when you have to. Early on I used a heating pad for the back pain and that goes away after about 5 or 6 weeks. Now I use an I ice pack it feels good but doesn't do inch for the swelling. In 13 weeks post TT. I had lipo and muscle repaid as well I still feel realllllllly tight but that is a good thing! It's a long recovery process be patient and In time you will be back to your regular activities.
Much not inch.
So hubby seems to think, I will be able to get up into his Toyota Tundra, for the drive home from surgery using step stool to get into. I say no way, my daughters Yaris would be better, my car is a low riding sports car (two seater), what's your opinion?

Happy Day! Drain is coming out soon!

I woke up today without a pain pill since 9 pm the night before and felt ok! A little less sore, but of course it's still there. Yesterday my total drainage 15 ml, woke up today and over night it was only 5ml. I called the nurse to see if I could come in a day early to get the drain removed and she said sure! So excited!! I am assuming she is going to change my tape as well so I may get to see my scar for the first time today...Going to ask her to take pics :) Swelling up top seems to have gone down...still some down below...Very excited and happy though with my mobility and results so far. Will post after I see the nurse later today!! :)

Hope your feeling pretty good.  I know it takes time and I remember how I felt at your stage of this game.  Ugh!  I'm almost 4 wks out and really doing great, no pain at all.  But, i only did a mini, with a ba and lift.  Welcome to the flat side.  You are looking really great!
Does your swelling make your tummy feel rock hard ? Mine is so hard it feels like cement !!

Drain is out!

The drain came out..what a weird feeling. Like a small snake getting pulled out and my belly felt so strange. But glad that sucker is gone! I feel lighter already and don't have to carry that thing around anymore! yahoo! Got to see my line and reminded why I chose Dr. Gingrass...she is amazing. The scar is perfection...of course all scary right now but just now how great it is going to look when it is all healed and done. She got rid of my c-section scar and staples marks- awesome- and got rid of my belly button ring scar. And just when I thought well, I am not that swollen...I see a shot ..and woah am I ever. As expected of course, just seeing a different angle is well different! Still feeling very numb on bellybutton and down below. My nurse said it is really important to keep my binder going now that the drain is out, since the tissue is trying to reconnect to my skin/organs etc and there is that space where the drain was....fluid is going to want to settle there. She said to watch for a sudden major puffy look and or if I touch my stomach and it is like a waterbed...then I would need to come in to drain. Positive thoughts though..it won't happen!

Pictures come next...

Photos from today at PS

Pics from today

Your scar is exceptional! Yes, you look wonderful!
Thank you!! Yours will too :) Can't wait to see your results !!
Thanks All for the vehicle advice - Step Stool Tundra wins, I have an hour drive out of Nashville.

Feeling Better Each Day

Woke up today with even less soreness...still can't really sleep on my side, it hurts for some reason, so still sleep with just one extra pillow now. Just taking ibuprofen now for discomfort. The last two days I have been driving and running errands....feeling pretty good. A little slower than usual and ready to take a rest by the end of the day. Feel like swelling above belly button is less, and feel a bit more below the bellybutton...that tubby/barely prego look. Able to wear my most favorite jeans with my binder...which means in a few weeks they probably won't fit...tragic in the best way!! :) Will take a picture tomorrow to share! Happy Healing!

Looking great!! Yes nice scar!!!
So impressed that you can get your pre-op jeans on ! Just wait till the swelling subsidizes.

Feeling Good

The last two days have been good. My nurse wants me to keep my scar taped for 4 days, then 24 hours off, back on like this for the next 2-3 months if my skin allows it. She says it keeps the scar flat... I am wondering about scar cremes or silicon sheets too. Luckily I know from past experience I scar well...another factor that helped me decide to move forward with the surgery. Very glad I did it now while I am still "younger" ( 37 next month) for healing purposes and to enjoy the results! If you are on the fence- don't put it off! Some of my best money spent and so glad I did it... And will be healed for next summer time!

you look great and I can see major improvements every time you post. Running race one month before my tuck, can't wait, I'm doing it to get in best shape, but mostly to take my mind off the waiting. Thanks again for posting your recovery
Looking great!!!!!
Thank you!! :)

Went out last night!

I went out to a see a local cover band play last night and was doing ok! Was able to move around a little- no crazy busting a rug, but moving and grooving and have a fun time with my friends! I did leave the binder off and put on my sturdy spanx..it is just so bulky and doesn't go well with regular clothes! I was excited to see improvement in the area below my bust, but still have some swelling down below. Just a little impatient to see the results....I wake up each morning and "unwrap" my self and get excited about the future!

Feels good to get out and feel alive again right? You're looking great!!

Fluid issue

Well it seems I have some fluid and glad I made the call to the nurse. I have a little pooch below the belly button but above the scar. I could tell it wasn't swelling and it moved a little like a waterbed (the nurse told me to look for that once the drain was out)... The nurse ( who is so sweet!) numbed me (although I am still pretty numb still) and stuck a needle in 2 spots but couldn't get anything out. I head back tomorrow at 9 so my PS can give it a try. Just when I was dreaming of Spanx I am now back with a foam piece underneath the binder... Boo!

Ah, dang. I hope it is a very quick, minor setback for you! Seroma is one thing I worry about b/c I live an hour from my Dr. I hate to have to make a jillion trips to get things drained. Will be watching to see your progress.....hoping this will pass for you asap!!!
I'm sorry to hear that :(. I know it will be an small obstacle if any at all but none the less...I'm thinking good thoughts for you tomorrow.(ps was going to finally upload photos for my profile this weekend and my diaper bag was stolen at the park with my phone in it). Thanks for posting!
You look awesome!!! (I'm also from Nashville)

False Alarm- No Fluid!

I went back today to see my doctor and she said there is no fluid, it is tissue swelling. Yay for that!!! I did have to get a piece of foam put back in between my tummy and the binder for the next few days...ugh... makes me look prego/ thick in the middle...which is what I want to avoid! Oh well...just a few more days. So two more weeks of binder and/or tight spanx (btw, I have one from Victoria Secret that is TIGHT- going to use that one!) she said if if the spanx doesn't feel like enough support, but the binder back on. Then at week 4 she said I can loose the binder at night...looking forward to that very much! Next at week 5 she said to start wearing the binder less during the day....The nurse told me to expect swelling to continue for the next 4 weeks..and I would be approx 6 weeks post op before I could really see a difference. Oh and, I asked if I could try to jog/ walk tomorrow night and she said YES...she said powerwalk for sure and to just listen to my body. Also said I can do some biceps weights..just no twisting around the torso....Guess where I am headed tomorrow?! ha! Will update with a 2 week photo in the morning..things seem to look the best then :)

Yes, it can help wonders...I have been a certified Lymphedema Specialist for nearly 15 years. I have used my skills with women recovering from CA, to aid in the recovery of our soldiers returning from IRAQ and Afghanistan with various injuries. Make sure the pressure is equal in your binder/compression garment.
oops! that should read "and to aid in the recovery"
That is wonderful!!!!

2 Week photos

Here are my 2 week photos... Took first thing this morning so you can see my sleep marks from the binder! Still pretty numb but soreness is very very minor!

Exercised Today!

I took a spin class in and took it very easy, light resistance and not too much in and out of the saddle. Since I teach it, I am very good at "faking it!"....after that I did some bicep/tricep/shoulder work with dumbells. A little lighter weight than before the surgery, and all felt fine. Just checked and nothing crazy going on with the stomach- so that is good!! Headed out to hang with my running club tonight..we are all dressing up in costume which is fun....but instead of running I will take it easy and walk since I have already done enough for where I am in recovery. This will be my first time with my running friends, so going to use the excuse of my costume as why I am not running....don't want to get it all sweaty! ha!

Great results! Wow! 2 weeks and out for the spin class! I'm 6 weeks tomorrow an just now not chicken enough to get on my bike! Like maybe today I will chicken! & since dh bought me a bike trainer so I don't fall and rip my tummy up!
Wow, you are looking great ;) xxx
You look amazing!!! Xxx

Embracing the Embracer!

Had our fun Halloween Run last night, and I did a very easy, slow jog for 1 mile, then did some walking/power walking for another mile...it felt good on the legs to run, but kinda strange on the tummy..probably with the whole numb sensation etc....Will try another easy mile over the weekend, just to keep the blood flowing and get some fresh air. Saw my PS again today (went in for her botox special...I am new to botox and am in LOVE!) so she checked my tummy and freed me from the binder and cushion...but again, said if you start feeling swelling put the binder back on! Promptly headed to the mall to pick up a couple of the Victoria Secret's "The Embracer"...that thing is TIGHT! Way better than spanx and anything I have found at the department stores...best part is it is only $35 and I had a $10 reward on me. They have different styles but if you need something like this, head to Vicky's...make sure it has Firm Control up top with 3 red hearts. Doc also cleared me for lymphatic massage, excited about that! Going in for my first one tomorrow.... Happy Halloween & Happy Healing!

super woman like me lol glad you are healing so quick and you have great results hun looking great :) x
That is awesome! Good for you!!! As I walked out of my cardio barre class today I was feeling so sad that I would be there for 6 weeks. Hope it's sooner. You are a rockstar healer!
Thanks!! I am happy to do something..but I am sad that I can't do my pilates reformer class for 10 more weeks....that class changed my life!!

Hot Mama!

Ever since the surgery I now wake up in the middle of the night a hot mess of sweat..and not in a good way.... I am assuming it is because of the compression garment. It is not a nice breathable cotton, it supposed to suck me in....anyways, it is really annoying and I look forward to my first night of sleeping without it (one more week) to see if that ends my nightly hot flashes!

This past weekend was my birthday- went out Friday night with the VS embracer, and of course over did it...dancing, eating, drinking, and staying out too late. Woke up Saturday swollen, so put the binder plus foam piece in all day and that helped. We then went to a house party Saturday night, and again I wore the embracer....nice low key night! Back in the binder as soon as I got home but without the foam piece....plan on wearing the binder all week to help with the swelling.

I haven't exercised since last Wed, so went to the gym today and did 1 mile run on the treadmill (have to say felt much better than last wed) and arm weights again. Going to try a easy spin class tomorrow if time allows and then Wed night is my run club night, so going to try to do a easy 3 mile jog if I am feeling good.

Will post my 3 week post photo tomorrow morning..I got a little excited this morning...I swore I thought I saw an ab!! ;)

Wow! That's amazing, looking forward to seeing the pics. I finally posted my pics and a couple of women said I didn't look like I needed a tt, so I need to post better pics that really show what's going on...but in any case I finally posted a profile and am looking forward to being to share the same amazing positive story that you have. Thanks!
I posted on your review, too.....but will say here that I tried to post unflattering pics....to give a better idea what things are really like. Straight on, things look ok....but bend over or grab a handful of skin and.....ewwwww. ; )

3 weeks post op

Healing nicely, right side is more tender than left, able to side sleep on left with no discomfort. Sweelling above my incision still quite puffy, hopefully will get better next week. Abs still slightly sore, I have been doing some light massage... And still pretty numb near belly button but I can tell it is better than last week!

You look fantastic and I love that you've been active. I am planning to be as active as I can be post op. I'm hoping for your results.
Thank you!! Pre surgery I worked out almost every day, and was in the best shape of my life....not doing much has been hard, but I have been passing the time with books and work!  Good luck!! Look foward to hearing how it goes for you :)
Ha! Yes, please post some worse photos! hahaha...there is always going to be someone who says "you don't need that"...some people just don't get it, or think this is for overweight people, or perhaps are much bigger than you and could only dream of being your size post surgery....ignore it! :) I am so excited with my results...I keep look at the muscle repair alone in my before and this week..and wow! What a major difference!! whoo hoo!!! Thrilled I did this!! You will be so happy too!! :)

Spin Class Today

Attempted another spin class today and was actually sweating! Was able to crank up the resistance, speed up, slow down, do the hills and felt really good after! VICTORY!! Tonight is my running club night...going to take it easy and jog since I already got in one good workout today. Also did more weights today and felt good... did all of this with the binder on...tonight I am running with my VS Embracer plus the binder, then going to take the binder off after the run...man I am getting sick of this thing!!

I need to book mark your review! I just got out for my first run, 1mile, after 7 weeks TT. I bike more than run (gimpy back) and still haven't gotten the guts to do it... I love my belly and am afraid I'll tear up the muscle repair.. You look great!
That's great you got out!! I did 1 mile today on the treadmill and it keeps feeling better and better...I can definitely tell that the body is still healing so taking it nice and easy...:)
You look great.....I was looking through your pics and it looked like you were standing straight the first day.

4 week update

Slept last night without the binder for the first time...man, it felt so good to wake up free of it. BUT did notice more swelling...humpf. Excercise wise, feeling pretty good for being 4 weeks out. This is the week I am turning up a notch. I did a 60 minute spin class on Monday, today did 1 mile on the treadmill, weights and a 45 minute spin class, and going to run an easy 3 miles tomorrow night. We will see how it goes....abs still feel slightly sore from surgery, still numb feeling near bellybutton but can feel the sensation making its way back! Wondering when the bellybutton will look a little more normal- Would love to hear from someone on this! My "official" photographer is out of town...will see what I can swing on my own photo wise!

You look excellent :D xxx

4 weeks

Slept Monday night with no binder, woke up with some swelling. Slept Tuesday in binder, woke up flat. Last night no binder and some minor swelling this am. Oh well! Part of the process! Looking forward to seeing how week 6 treats me!

looking good love!
You look great! Love hearing that you are back to excersising! I made it to amy frist post tt cardio class last night and it was an abs and lower body workout.. You are my inspiration!

Swell hell is real

Decided yesterday to leave the binder at home and just wear the "embracer". I get dressed up and have support top hose too- thinking I am nice and packed in... Left my house @ 9 am....had a couple meetings etc etc...get back to my house @ 2:30 and I am swollen like never before!!! I promptly throw on the binder, and keep on with my day. Slept in binder and still woke up a little swollen... What gives?? My waist area is looking great- just puffy and swollen above incision area. Was hoping for less swelling in the next 2 weeks... Not more. So back to the binder I guess. And I need a shot of patience :)

How ya doing? Is the swelling any better? How ya holding up at work? PS...I go for my pre op Tues at Plastic Surgery Center of Nashville, with Dr. Haws and nurses. Any words of advice?
The pre-op was so easy and quick! Still some swelling at incision line...just waiting, waiting, waiting... :) Good luck!! Can't wait to hear about your journey!
Hey how's it going ? Was just looking at your pics, have you got a tiny scar going up the way too or is it just puckering ... I'm just wondering because my surgeon has told me I may have to have a scar that goes up s bit at my pubic area because my ribs are quite low snd may not have enough skin to stretch down I nay even have my old belly button hole as a scat too !!! Did anything like that get mentioned to you ? Xxx

6 Week Update

Had my check up with my PS last week...all is healing along nicely. I still have numbness and swelling at incision line and near the bellybutton. I have been sleeping without the binder but still using it during the day. She told me to start gradually using it less but to listen to my body....keep wearing it when I run and exercise. I ran a 5k this past weekend and was at my usual pace- that made me happy!! Looking forward to the spring to see more of the result and get to the beach to enjoy a swimsuit!

6 week photos

Nothing too dramatic here

Hey, I have the same pair of Muppets Animal pj's you do! lol. Love them. Any exercise advice for someone who does cardio kick boxing (at home with DVD--Turbo Fire to be exact)? I am 4 weeks next Monday, so could do something.....but I doubt that. I don't have a treadmill or exercise bike.....so not sure exactly what I should do. What type of movements could you handle when you first started back in? I am living vicariously through your workouts right now. ; )
Ha! My husband loves them..go figure! You know for me, the running/jogging/spinning is working well for me...I would worry about kick boxing because you use your core so much and cross movements would seem to be a no-no. I started back with slow walk/jogging...then progressed to slow jogging, now back up to lower milage at my old training pace. My core is still too sore for me to even attempt anything other than what I have going on....the arm/leg machines at my Y seem to be ok for me too. Good Luck!!! I am doing a 90 minute turkey burn class tomorrow....dreading it with the stupid binder but ..I get so sweaty and it is so itchy and gross...it will feel good to peel that sucker off after class!! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks....I wonder what I'll do then. I'm not a runner.....or even a jogger. lol. And yeah, there is a TON of core in Turbo Fire. It's how I knew I needed a tt for sure. After a year and a half of Turbo, I have awesome core muscles.......but the saggy skin was still there. Looked even worse after I lost weight and toned my core.

Exercise Update

Pushed my self the past two days. Taught a 90 minute Turkey Burn spin class on Friday and then ran 5 miles (the furtherest I have gone since the surgery) yesterday....both days the stomach did well. No pain, or major swelling afterwards so yay for that! I wore the binder for both of them. Been massaging the incision area to help with the swelling....no significant change at all yet...but I know its coming! Thinking about picking up some scar cream...my PS has me taped up for 3 days, then 24 hours without but my skin is starting to get irritated by it. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

You look awesome! I have been DYING to do my PX90 again! I did lower body Pilates today for the first time since before the surgery (I used to do it 6 days a week). Still only lifting 3 - 5lb weights. UGH! I need a shot of patience as well :)
Good for you! I was doing reformer Pilates once a week before but haven't attempted that yet.... I have been able to do the weights on my arms (bicep curls, shoulders, triceps) that I was using before hand- got lucky there! I can't believe I am already at the 7 week mark..with the holidays I know I will blink and be ready to start hitting the abs again!
The consult fees should be applied to you tt cost if you sign with him, no? I brought in my bikini on the day of surgery to make sure the line was covered all the way around which it is. The vertical scar shows if it's the really low cut bikini but that scar will fade to almost nothing because it doesn't have the same depth as the horizontal scar. If your doc says you need the vertical scar from old bb to get the big horizontal scar low then do it! Some horizontal scars are way too high and you don't want that.

8 Weeks

The past 8 weeks did go by fast! Still have swelling at incision line, but feeling better day by day...belly button still feels weird but again, slowly feeling better. Ran 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday with no spanx or binder. Felt ok...did throw it back on about an after the gym. Few pics to share coming next. Hope everyone is enjoy the holiday season!

8 week pics & before after

Here are some pics!

Lovely results!
You look terrific!!! Great results! Definitely rockin' the bikini! :) Congrats
Just seeing this- I am sorry! They say you only need 12 weeks, but I would think go with the 20 week...don't worry about your speed on this first one..just enjoy the experience!! I started running with my local running club August of 2011 and did my first half that April of 2012. But whatever works for you! And Yay for new running clothes! That is always exciting!! :))) The best advice I can give you for injury is to cross train every week (pilates/yoga/spinning/ something!) and to not add more than 10% of milage to your long runs....I have followed this and not hurt in 2 years! :)

Let go of the binder...

Saw my PS yesterday and she tells me you need to stop wearing that binder (it is starting to look so ratty!) and it is doing more harm than good. Yes, my incision is irritated and itchy, my skin below my belly button is coming off and I have a red rub mark on my side from it. Ok, time to let it go..but I feel so tight and bundled up in it. She is right though, as much as we complain about it, it is hard to let it go. Have gone all day without it, taught a class, but threw it back on for a couple of hours while I clean my house up. 4 more weeks till I can get back to crossfit/core work...she did say I could start with some planking then and just slowly build up... That's all for now! Happy Healing Everyone!

You have the best progress I've read so far. You look amazing.
Thank you!
Really still in the binder? You silly girl! I have a corset type I like. But I'm 12 weeks (I think) and my ps wants me in it a bit longer. Anyhow, maybe you can find something with compression thats not the binder to transition from. You look great!

Why I needed a TT

My hubby was going through old photos- thought I would share this one. Baby #1 of 3... Good grief my stomach was HUGE... And my ass but I took care of that on my own! Ha!

Lol! That's quite a booty girl!
You look great! Keep posting updates. Luv the pregnancy photo!
HOLY WOW!!!! You have an amazing body, sista!!! I'm post-op day 6 and swollen as all get-out! (also have lipo on my flanks, so I'm straight up the Michelin Man!) I can't wait to be 8 weeks post-op like you!

1st Chiropractic Visit Post TT today

So my hamstrings, glutes have been so tight along with my lower back just a little sore..I knew what I needed..AN ADJUSTMENT!! It has been 9 weeks since I have been in to see my chiro...I remember my PS saying no russian twists till 12 weeks...and the way he adjusts my lower back reminded me of it...Well, he tried a few other techniques and finally I said let's do it the old way (small about of twisting over involved)...and success...lower back adjusted and nothing hurt! Yay!!

Oh yea! My chiro fold my arms over my chest and squeezes. Love that theres no twisting! Glad you have relief!
You look great! Good for you!
You look wonderful! I know you are pleased. Tomorrow will be one week post-op for me. Lost my drains yesterday. I am pleased with the results so far.

12 week update

Hi all!! I have noticed the swelling getting better….however, if I exercise or say over do it dancing (hello NYE!) , it still comes up but smaller than a month ago. I am officially cleared to start back at Crossfit and core work, but honestly don't think I am quite ready..think I am going to wait a couple more weeks to let the Resolutioners get out of the gym and give myself some more time to keep healing. I have started doing some planks, which is what my PS said to start with. I am back to running several days a week at my old pace, teaching my spin class twice a week and plenty of arm work. I notice after workouts I can feel like my abs are sore especially above the bellybutton….still a little numb around bellybutton. Speaking of bellybutton….I sure wish it would move along a little faster…I am massaging my scar with bio oil and different scar creams. No more spanx and have only busted out the binder everyone once in awhile for a couple hours if I feel really swollen. I have a couple photos but notice no change really from 8 weeks. I am most DEFINITELY loving wearing tight shirts now! And dresses…yea!!! I was always a skirt and top girl because of my tummy…NO MORE!!! Very excited for summer time and enjoying the pool & lake with my new self!

12 week pics

Absolutely wonderful and most definitely stunning. I'm right behind you in time can't wait to work out!
Glad your back to most of your excersizes! It offers me inspiration! Ugh I forgot about the resolutioners... I may tough out running in the cold for a bit!

First Reformer Pilates Class Post OP

Yesterday I took my first reformer pilates class post TT….it went very well!!! My instructor knew what I had done, and she had a cyst removed in similar area in the past so was familiar with surgery and the recovery on the stomach! She assured me since I have been running I would be fine in class…and it was fine. Felt so good to be back! I love this class, it is gentle, yet challenging and so helpful for stretching my 'runner' legs…I get horribly tight hamstrings…..Next up CROSSFIT. Trying to decide if I am going to take the plunge this week or next.

Hello! You look great!!!!! I'm going for my consult with Dr. Gingrass for a tummy tuck 2/13/14!!! I'm scared, nervous and excited all at the same time!!! I'm so thankful to have found your post as it's eased my mind a bit. Any other pointers pre or post op you would be willing to share? Thanks so much!

CROSSFIT again..YES!!!!

Took my first Crossfit class today…it was as awesome and hard as I remember! I was able to finish the WOD but didn't add any additional weight to my bar- wanted to ease back in. We even had a ton of V-ups (a type of sit up ) and no pain, nothing…..So excited to be full back running, spinning and now lifting again. Scar is starting to fade at the side….still small amount of swelling at incision line during the day, and belly button still coming along SLOWLY but I guess surely. Will post some photos tomorrow a.m. when I seem to be "at my best"...

I just read you profile and wow is all I can say. You were back up and at it so fast!! I'm 6 weeks post and haven't attempted anything yet really. I've been eating well so my weight is good but you rock! I can't believe how fast you started running and spinning. You look great!!

Four Months!

It seems to fly by! I am back to my full exercise schedule of running, cycling and crossfit…not pain what so ever, but my abs are still very slightly tender doing core work, not that it slows me down one bit! Here are a few pics…swelling at line is much better..still slight but it only 4 months right?! Scar is healing along nicely…fading on sides…looking forward to the red to fade away…and lastly belly button doing ok- again, just waiting for time to keep going pass. tick tock tick tock…..Can't wait till this summer!

4 month photos

Here you go!

7 Months Post Op

Just a few pics to update. Still going and blowing..running, crossfit, cycling, etc etc.. Still some numbness, still some swelling at incision line….Not sure if I would wear a bikini yet because of the bellybutton scar…..I guess you would have to be close to see, but it bothers me. I think my scars are coming along nicely though and looking forward to the 1 year mark which is when my doc says everything will be truly healed. Still so glad I did this! Clothes fit better and I feel much more confident!

7 month pics

Here you go!

You look amazing! I hope I recover as well as you did.
So great to read your profile. I am 6 days po and so far ahead of where I thought I would be right now. I spin, run and work out with a trainer with heavy weights twice weekly and I can't wait to start back. Good to know that it's possible to get back to fitness quickly. I'm convinced that being as fit as you can possibly has to speed up recovery. And the Exparel didn't hurt either. You look amazing!
Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gingrass was referred to me by several people (a couple in the medical community telling me she was 'the best'). I looked at a ton of websites for local surgeons and their before and after shots...hers were by far the best! And after going on a consult with another PS...then meeting with Dr. Gingrass, I knew exactly who to choose! I love that her office is all women and Dr. Gingrass is truly a talented, smart, beautiful doctor.