Help! My Zipper Was Stuck - Nashville, TN

November 14, 2011 I underwent Gastric Bypass...

November 14, 2011 I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery. As long as I can remember, as far as Kindergarten I was over weight. Food was my best freind, and I don't say that lightly. Food was like my safe haven. No matter what was going on in the crazy world around me, I could always find solitude in food. I remember my 2nd grade teacher very vividly. My 2nd grade teacher had name me his "drum". I grew up in a very emotional abusive home. The only time I felt safe from anyone... was when I could eat.

Now, at the age of 33 I have underwent a surgery that maybe could have been prevented if things/people would have been different during my childhood years. Due to being overweight, I've never been married, been in a serious relationship, or been on a real date. I guess one could probably say.... I hate "me". I literally felt like my zipper was stuck. I knew who I was on the inside, but due to me extreme obesity "she" was hid away. Now.... slowly but surely, I'm seeing the real "Amanda". I can't see her completely, but day by day she's becoming more a reality.

Pros concerning surgery:
No problems with my sugar. I do not require insulin, or any other medicines to help with my previous sugar problem.

I am experiencing more engery. Now when I drive my car... The steering wheel no longer touches my stomach (woot woot)

Cons concerning surgery:
I don't think I have any... I'll have to think about that.

Updated on 21 Dec 2011:

Start Weight: 10/10/2011 413
Weight as of today 12/21/2011 360
--------------------------------------------
Total Weight Loss Thus Far = 52lbs

Nashville Bariatric Surgeon

It has made the different between life and death. I choose LIFE.

Wow, you've done REALLY well so far, Amanda! Congrats on your success so far!

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for your review. It sounds like you didn't have the best start in life but you're really working at putting that right. It's time to do something for yourself and you're doing really well!

52 pounds is awesome... just keep doing what you're doing and it will fall off!

Kirsty