Help! My Zipper Was Stuck - Nashville, TN

November 14, 2011 I underwent Gastric Bypass...

November 14, 2011 I underwent Gastric Bypass Surgery. As long as I can remember, as far as Kindergarten I was over weight. Food was my best freind, and I don't say that lightly. Food was like my safe haven. No matter what was going on in the crazy world around me, I could always find solitude in food. I remember my 2nd grade teacher very vividly. My 2nd grade teacher had name me his "drum". I grew up in a very emotional abusive home. The only time I felt safe from anyone... was when I could eat.

Now, at the age of 33 I have underwent a surgery that maybe could have been prevented if things/people would have been different during my childhood years. Due to being overweight, I've never been married, been in a serious relationship, or been on a real date. I guess one could probably say.... I hate "me". I literally felt like my zipper was stuck. I knew who I was on the inside, but due to me extreme obesity "she" was hid away. Now.... slowly but surely, I'm seeing the real "Amanda". I can't see her completely, but day by day she's becoming more a reality.

Pros concerning surgery:
No problems with my sugar. I do not require insulin, or any other medicines to help with my previous sugar problem.

I am experiencing more engery. Now when I drive my car... The steering wheel no longer touches my stomach (woot woot)

Cons concerning surgery:
I don't think I have any... I'll have to think about that.

Updated on 21 Dec 2011:

Start Weight: 10/10/2011 413
Weight as of today 12/21/2011 360
--------------------------------------------
Total Weight Loss Thus Far = 52lbs

Nashville Bariatric Surgeon

It has made the different between life and death. I choose LIFE.