Had PRK Not LASIK - Nashua, NH

PRK is $2990 and all laser LASIK is $3990. I can...

PRK is $2990 and all laser LASIK is $3990. I can see 20/15 in both eyes. PRK takes at least a week to start seeing good so unless you want to be blind for a week, do one eye at a time with a month in between.

My experience with PRK was that I could see pretty good for the day of surgery and the day after. On days 2 and 3 the eye heals over. It's very itchy and you want to keep your eyes closed. During this time your vision is very blurry close and far away. On day 4 the irritation stopped and I could start to see clearly. There's no way I could have driven a car in the first week if I had both eyes done at the same time. I didn't have to take any time off work doing them one at a time. It takes a couple weeks for your vision to get to what you would expect.

Welcome to RealSelf, Someguy. Thanks for sharing your review. When you say you're blind for a week, exactly how bad is your vision? Can you see anything at all?

Nashua Ophthalmologist

Dr. D knows what he is doing. Doesn't seem like they are a high volume practice in regards to corrective eye surgery. The PRK surgery itself is done off site at a separate location in Manchester. I don't know if Lasik is done in the office or off site as well. I have every confidence in Dr D to recommend friends and family. I wouldn't hesitate going to Nashua Eye. One important thing to consider is that you're going to need to go to at least a dozen follow up visits, so if Nashua is local to you, go there. Once and twice a week follow ups would not be fun going into Boston.