I am 5'2 with a very hourglass but athletic build - 4 weeks post op

Hello Everyone! I have been stalking people on...

Hello Everyone! I have been stalking people on this website for a few weeks now, so I thought I would join in. I am 5'2 with a very hourglass but athletic build I usually weigh between 128-132, although right now I am 136 (holiday/finals season!) I was recently resized for a 32G (although one of the ones I ended up buying was a 30...F I think). FML. I had put off being resized for YEARS. When I found out how big they were I cried in the dressing room. Teh girls there did not get it, they told me people pay thousands of dollars for that. I just felt embarrassed.

I have been considering BR for maybe 5-6 yerars now on and off. I had all the reasons in the world to put it off, but I am now finally ready and getting excited! I cannot believe my surgery date is 2.5 weeks from now! I am getting so excited. Even though my dad has known the doctor (and entire practice) for a long time, I am still somewhat nervous about a 'bad' outcome: such as wound separation, lopsided breasts infection ext. I also feel unsure about how small I want to go. I think a large B or small C would be good. I definitely have a little booty on me so I want to be semi-balanced. I am also worried about just the recovery time, I only have 2.5 weeks or so before I have to fly back to school... YIKES.

Another issue is that I have not told the guy I have been dating now for about 3 months. I know, it is bad, but I just have not gotten up the nerve. I am 90% sure that after the initial weirdness he will be totally supportive.... but ... I don't know. I know I have to tell him I am going to do this and explain it.... but a part of me just doesn't want to... I am freaked out by the awkwardness/weirdness. GAH

Anyway. I have it set up so I fly home for break the day after my last final on 15th, go in for my preop/consultation on the 17th and surgery on the 19th. EEK.

Gah, I really am not sure if I understand how to...

Gah, I really am not sure if I understand how to post things on here, but man I am still really nervous. I just keep thinking about having tell this guy I am seeing. Blah. I know it will be fine, I just kinda don't want to. I am addicted to this site! Thanks to all the girls out there who have posted their stories and pictures. Knowing what to expect makes it way less scary. I will hopefully man up and put some pictures up soon!

Gah, I cannot believe I am now less than a week...

Gah, I cannot believe I am now less than a week away from surgery. I have my last final tomorrow afternoon and then I go home saturday... I am SO excited. But all of a sudden I got super nervous today for the first time really... just really nervous about getting my boobs split open and stitched back together.... I know it is not like they are cracking your chest but still --- getting cut is SCARY. I have had a few prior knee surgeries ... but something about it being away from your core made me feel better...Gah

But on the up side I finally told my boyfriend about the surgery today and he could not have reacted better.... he was SO supportive and was kind of mad I was sooooooo nervous!! He was just like why would I be against something that is going to be good for you :) awww and he talked about being able to buy me cute bras and such now :)... so sweet. I havent been in a relationship like this before but he is the best. I am lucky.

Good night :) Gotta rest up for my final tomorrow.

Hello Everyone, Well I am finally home and...

Hello Everyone,

Well I am finally home and starting to think about surgery! I am starting to get SUPER nervous. I have my pre-op tomorrow so hopefully that will calm my nerves. I really hate needles and being in that kind of pain so I am starting to freak out a little bit. But I know the results afterwards will be worth it, so I am trying to focus on that.....

I will update this tomorrow after my appointment!

Hello Everyone.... so tomorrow is the day! I had...

Hello Everyone.... so tomorrow is the day! I had my visit with my doctor today it went really well. It was kind of funny because the day before I went in for my pre op and the PA and nurse were so nice, but I freaked out when they had to take some blood. So today while I was waiting for the doctor to come in I heard the PA telling him that I was "a very sweet and funny girl" but VERY nervous.. :) which is true. So he was extra nice. Anyway, he walked me through the whole thing and then showed me some pictures. He talked about some of the possible complications. Then he kind of showed me how they mesure and where my nipple will be... so that was cool. I guess I was so nervous/anxious/unsure I forgot some of my questions so I had to call later with some more... he was so nice giving me his cell phone number. Anyway.... I will post some pictures later today (for real) :)after I take the shower with the special soap that they gave me. (which doesnt smell good!)

I am sure I will post again later when I really start freaking out!

Just got out of the shower and am getting ready to...

Just got out of the shower and am getting ready to go to surgery! :) .... I am very sleepy for some reason... maybe I am still on west coast time/haven't been sleeping that well.I am set to take my valium before I go so I feel like I am going to be dead by the time I get there :)... o well. It will be over before I know it, right? Wish me luck. I will update from the other side when I feel up to it!

Hello Everyone, so today was surgery day!! My...

Hello Everyone, so today was surgery day!! My surgery was at 11 so I was asked to be there around 11. I checked in, they took me right back asked some additional question about my medical history, set me up with an IV (which the nurse was very nice about even though I freaked). Then the doctor came in but because of the valium I didn't have much to say. He said he measures 4 times to cut once. I just remember he kept counting over and over. Soon enough I walked into the OR, and I breathed into the mast and the next thing i knew I was in recovery. Apparently my surgen took about 1 pound off of each breast... can you imagine!! I didn't expect that much! I was hoping for a full B or pretty small C.... Since I do have some curves I am starting to worry I will be disproportionate now. I have tried to sneak a look but can't really.

I am in minimal discomfort know since my surgen shoots some kind of numbing something in to stitches. Surprisingly I have gotten sick a couple of times after every time I have moved.... but it has not been bad.... throw up a few times and I am good to go. Not idea why ...this has not happened to me in previous surgeries. I am holding off on getting up again to see if I can bet that to pass....Overall so far so good! fingers crossed.

Gah can't sleep on my back. no real pain. keep...

gah can't sleep on my back. no real pain. keep freaking otu that I went too small!! Anyone else feel this way? FML

I am just really freaking out that they are too...

I am just really freaking out that they are too small. I had my drains taken out today which wasn't bad (it hurt, but mostly like a large pinch). I asked for a large B or small C. It just freaked me out when the nurse taking out my drains said I would have a medium B.... I don't want to be that small!! I feel like a C right now and she said that I did not look like I had that much swelling... gahhh I don't know. I cried all the way home. I hope I did not make a mistake!! I mean I obviously needed some kind of breast reduction but maybe I should have asked to be a bigger size!! Just I noticed many girls here ask to be a C and end up a D ... and I DID NOT want that. D's are even too big for my frame. Gah, I don't know. I am probably just freaking out over something that will be fine but..... I don't know. I have had huge boobs most of my life so I guess I just don't remember what it is like without them.

Any words of wisdom?

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me after...

Thank you to everyone who reached out to me after my melt down yesterday! I clearly really needed it! I no longer think they are too small - it was just such a drastic change!!
since my melt down I have been feeling much better. I have only taken 2 pain pills and am doing tylenol only at night. So that part is going really well. I was kind of bored out of my mind today and am trying to force myself to take it easy! I feel like I could be out doing things!! o well. I know my body needs the rest to recover.

Anyway, I have updated my pictures... it seems like I am having some bruising ... but kinda red bruising. Is this normal? has anyone else had this? I am kind of concerned about it. I cannot tell if I am being a worry wart or not! I mean the redness was there a little bit yesterday and the doctor said everything looked great so.... IDK

Update - okay, I finally just had my dad look...

update - okay, I finally just had my dad look (semi embarrassing but he is a doctor) and then we called - everyone thought it was normal but if I wanted to come in tomorrow or monday morning they would be happy to see me in person. I think their reassurance is enough but if it gets worse tomorrow perhaps I will run in quickly to see someone there.

am such a worry wart.

Hello again. Well the past two weeks have been...

Hello again. Well the past two weeks have been fairly unremarkable. Once I got over the initial shock of how much smaller they were everything has been going well. I had my drains out the next day which wasn't bad at all. Like a big pinch. Then I was told to just hangout/rest. I had my follow up at 8 days and she said everything looked really good and my scars looked like they were at 2 weeks rather than just 8 days so that was exciting! I guess I am a good healer :). At that time the PA took off my steri strips which was probably the worst part!! Man those things are sticky!!

Anyway since then the bruising has faded a bit and I have had no pain. I stopped taking my pain meds after the second day and have just been taking tylenol when needed since (about 6 times?). The hardest part is still getting to sleep. Is anyone else really tight/sore from all this sitting around/heeling?! It is SOO hard to take it easy still when I feel essentially fine.

I have my follow up with my Doctor again tomorrow to see how I am doing.... fingers crossed. As you can see my bobos are heeling at different rates.... and I THINK that is why they are differently shaped right now --- I REALLY hope this resolves itself... I will definitely ask tomorrow. I hope you all are enjoying the new year thus far!! :)

So far my recovery has been a peace of cake... I feel as though I could have gone back to work (at a desk job) by now..Knock on wood. So for all of you considering it just do it! It is amazing how light I feel! no more back and shoulder pain! :) yay!!!

Hello Everyone! Well I can't believe today...

Hello Everyone!

Well I can't believe today marks four weeks since my surgery. I am now back at school full time and work part time... yikes it is a lot. But having those three weeks off was great! I just started easing back into working out and man between finals, the holidays and this surgery I managed to get WAY out of shape! gah! O well.

Here is an updated picture... one looks bigger but I swear it doesn't really look like that in person. They just look slightly different shapes. I also started using Palmer's on my scars (after reading all the reviews on here) just this past weekend and I feel like the scars are already less red! yay!! Still some puckering around my nipples and maybe some dog ears on the sides.... so that kinda stinks but overall I am very happy! It is so cool how much lighter I feel - plus everyone keeps asking me if I have lost weight! yay lol. (even though I have actually gained 3 since the holidays/my surgery).

Overall this whole thing has been amazing. While my new boobs aren't perfect yet (and maybe they wont ever be) it is SO much better than what I had before.... I finally feel free! I can workout without them hurting and being all over the place, people can actually see my waist in things and my back feels so good! SOOO much lighter. crazy. It is almost hard to remember what it was like before.

Anyway, I will update you again soon.

My father has been a doctor in my small city for a long time and knows most of the local the medical community. I feel very luck that I know I am going to a good surgen... still nervous though! :) so many 'what if's even with a good surgen... and good surgens are still people and have bad days!

You look fantastic! We had surgery on the same day. Your scars look very good. Mine are still very red. Just reading your review.... I have been having regular meltdowns thinking mine are too big!! How big are yours now 4 weeks later? Are you wearing normal bras yet? Think I might get measured this weekend. You look FAB!!!!
"It is almost hard to remember what it was like before" ..... What a wonderful comment. I can't wait for that to be me ! So happy for you :)
congratulations..you look fantastic!
Oh the sleeping thing....! I am 6 wks post op and not sleeping is the worst of my whole surgery experience! I am a side/stomach sleeper and the back sleeping is not fun. I hv to take painkillers for my back now,try to only take them at bedtime though.
You look like you're healing amazingly well! They look so good!
Hi there, I am quite new to this site and think it's a Godsend. Thank you for sharing your story ... I have just read all of your postings and the rollercoaster emotions that go with it. You were a similar size and shape to me in my 20s (I assume you are) and I can assure you that they only get bigger, heavier and droopier by the time gravity, child bearing, breastfeeding and 40+ hormones take their toll !! I'll bet by the time you get to 40 they will have increased in size naturally due to ageing and slowing metabolism (weight gain :( ) anyway so I think you have got the perfect set now. Aesthetically I think you were perfect before (sorry if that sounds weird LOL !) but for anybody who has large breasts we know the discomfort and embarrassment they cause so if I come out the other side of my surgery looking even remotely like you do now I'll be one happy wife and mother !!!! Just ride the rollercoaster and I'm sure in the very near future you'll be laughing about the bad moments :)
Aw thank you!! Yes, I am almost 24. And by the second or third day I was feeling much better about the size. I went to try on bras a few days ago and its seems like I will be a large B or small C depending on the style/brand! So that is exciting since it is just what I wanted... I think I got so upset just because t was just such a HUGE adjustment! I can wear xs tops now! It is just a whole different world. You will love it! Good luck! :)
Thanks and happy wardrobe / lingerie shopping 2013 :)
you look great! congratulations!
Hi, The pictures of the girls look great. Of course they going to look red and bruised you just had surgery sweetie. Take care and best of luck. We are here for you to count on. XO
my boob bruises looked red before they went typical bruise colour. Honey, let me re-assure you that you will panic over a lot of things over the next few weeks, the first two weeks for me I thought I was going mad. Its totally normal! x
thanks!! I ended up having my dad take a look (embarrassing I know, but he is a doctor) and then even though he thought it was okay he called in and they talked to both of us... They said it sounded normal but if I was still worried they would look at it tomorrow or monday.

You need to give this time to heal and don't panic.  This is an emotional journey and you need to get to know the new girls.  You were so use to the larger and hanging breasts and now this will feel strange.

It will be ok I promise.  You did not make a mistake!

Thanks!! I am not sure what came over me yesterday but I came out of it after a few hours! It is definitely emotional!

No worries, that is all a part of this process.  You will be up and down for a while.  The thing to remember is that you are not alone and we have all experienced this with recovery.  This shall pass:)

You are only 1 day po - they change so much over the weeks - this is such a big adjustment and it'll take time to get used to the new you and you will love them - guaranteed!! Wait until you can try on all the bras, clothes, swimsuits and then decide if they are a good size - at least 2 months. They do sit high and tight the first few weeks and then when they drop and soften they seem bigger - even if there is no swelling. My bet is you will end up loving them and feeling beautiful. I was a 34G and wanted a C-D - I ended up a 34DD but they fit my frame and are beautiful. Size is just a size - its how you feel and look, which in your case its way, way too early to judge. Give it time my friend!! You are so fresh out of this. Sleep and get lots of rest!! xxoo
so glad to hear all went well. your boobs are swollen now and will fall into their shape in no time...im sure the size is gong to be fine... have faith
Thanks! I feel much better about it today!
I have to sleep on my back too. I HATED that I had to at first but it really isnt that bad! I have 3 pillows that prop me up and another one that goes on top of them and its so comfy. I also prop my feet up with a pillow and prop my arms so its not too bad. And don't worry if you went to small.. I was and (am) worrying that I went too big! But I can't judge so soon. I highly doubt that you went too small though! You will end up loving them in the end. No worries!
I cannot sleep on my back either. I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and when I say that I am itching to get on my side i am ready to lay on my sides again. I had about 6 pounds taken total so you had it a bit easier. Each day gets better and better and you'll love the new you. I was reading when you said you got measured. I did over the spring and when she told me 40 H I about passed out lol. I am glad all is well with you.

Welcome to the community!!!   So glad you joined us and look forward to having you here.  Only a few more days!

Good surgeons do not have bad days, so you can relax. It might benefit you to do your own research on surgeons in your area, to re-confirm your father's choice. That will probably make you more confident. Good luck.
Thanks for the comment! I guess I just meant doctors are people too and no one is perfect. Anyway, my docter has a good reputation and I know a few people who have had him and highly recommend him. Since I am in law school my mind set is always worst case senario so I am sure just over thinking it/ being a worry wort. Thanks for encouragement!
My BF was initially not supportive. He loved my long flabby breasts, OMG! But once I made up my mind, it was set. I wasn't getting the surgery for him or other family members. This decision was purely for me! Was I scared, heck yes. But I trusted God and my PS! Now my BF loves them. Can't keep his hands off of them. But I prepared myself for his rejection. If he had then, it would have been his lost!