My Veneers Are Too Bright!

I had six porcelain veneers done in 2006 and I...

I had six porcelain veneers done in 2006 and I feel so-so on the results. I am pleased with the overall look of the teeth but feel misled about the coloring that was chosen.

My dentist and I collaborated on choosing the right color but keep in mind I’m not the professional in this scenario! Eventually I went with six veneers that were a few shades lighter than my back teeth. My dentist told me I could use teeth whitening gels to bring my darker teeth up to where they’d match the veneers. Now I think this was just a way to get more money from me.

I’ve been whitening and haven’t seen any major results, at least not to where my teeth match. My dentist says that if I’m not happy with those results then I can go in for cosmetic whitening. How convenient for him! He also said I can wait for the veneers to darken on their own (with age and dirt) but that’s not really why I had this done in the first place. I don’t think he was that interested in matching the color because he could always get more money from me to fix it completely, or maybe dentists live in a fantasy world where everyone has perfect white teeth. I don't know. Either way my veneers are permanent so from now on I have to correct everything else, presumably with his office.

My smile has definitely improved and I won’t deny that but I’m becoming increasingly conscious of the few discolored teeth that hang out when I smile and how mismatched they are. If I could do it over again I would have consulted with a few dentists and maybe asked around for recommendations first.

do you mean seven thousand not seven hundred perhaps? It is impossible to do veneers for that little -- perhaps they are not veneers?
I have four ugly veneers as well. The original dentist refuses to give me my "before" models of my teeth. My natural teeth were much better. I wanted to lighten my teeth. They are too dark, opaque, too thick and generally ugly. This has caused me great distress and $$$$$.
yes -- this seems impossible, I agree. It is usually about a thousand a tooth.
I'm not sure they would be Porcelain Veneers at that price, I paid $1000 for 1.
Can you tell me where you went to have your veneers done in Baltimore? $700 is awfully cheap for 6 of them.
I am dissapointed with my veneers. I have two on my front teeth and they wanted them to look natural so were going to put a bit of yellow the guy actually put too much yellow the dentist even asked him if it was too much yellow as she thought it was but he said it was the light we were under. It's not too bad but I can notice in a few photo's my veneers are not as white as my teeth. Now I want to get my teeth whitened for a wedding. I wish they made my teeth the colour they showed me and didn't add so much yellow :*( Thank got I don't have to look at my teeth all the time.
My dentist put porcelain veneers on six of my front teeth 10 years ago to straighten them when braces vailed. I also had big fluoride stains on my teeth that the veneers covered. Now my teeth are straight, without stains but very yellow as the veneers the dentist gave me had a very yellow cast instead of white. I cried my heart out when I saw what he had done, this cost a lot of money and every dentist I've been to since said there is nothing that can be done. Is there any hope or should I just get used to my yellow teeth?
You should really not be experiencing pain at this point. You should see your dentist if you are experiencing discomfort as this is not a normal response this far after treatment.
I had 4 veneers on the upper teeth 6 years ago. They don't look too bad, but the pain has never gone away. There is mild recurring pain in all 4 teeth. I would AVOID veneers if at all possible. There are too many risks of permanent pain.
You have to do your whole mouth, so there won't be trouble like that.
my porcelain veneers on top are matched pretty close to natural but are definitely yellowing differently then the other teeth. i heard that whitening them is difficult to do since whitening will happen unevenly. argh. and i spent thousands of dollars for this frutration.