My Lifestyle Lift - Dallas

I am a 44 yr. old single mother of 6.  I had...

I am a 44 yr. old single mother of 6.  I had the LSL last February, and have had nothing but problems.  I was also told I would be able to return to work after 2-3 days with little swelling and bruising.

When I went in to see them, I told them that I was only needing a little work done, and they proceeded to tell me what they would do.  I took a week vacation from work, and for once did something totally for me.  I don't even remember much of the first three days after the surgery.  I went back to work two weeks later, still with swelling, and people asking me (people I didn't want to know) what had happened to me.  I have since went on medical leave, and have not returned to work.

Before I went in I was doing modeling for several different photographers, and working on an acting career, plus working two jobs.  I went back in three times in the first five months, trying to tell them that I continued to have swelling in front and back of my ears, and in my jawline.  Every time I went in, they made a big deal of telling me how great I looked from the minute I walked in the door.  And each time I tried to explain that it felt like something was fermenting behind my ears under the skin, they would poke and prod and say everything looked great.  I told them, it may look great to them, but it felt like they were pushing pus pockets further under my skin.

Finally at 5 months, I went in and told them that after all the swelling had gone down on my face, there was no difference.  The doctor told me that if we tried the botox and restylane injections it might help the complaints that I was having.  The same complaints that I had when I had come before all the surgery, and believe me, it is surgery.  Like an idiot, I agreed.  Now, one year, one Lifestyle Lift, two separate botox visits, one restylane visit, and two syringes of permalyne later, all at the suggestion of my Lifestyle Lift doctor, my face looks the same, if not worse, with the added beauty of pixie ear deformity (which I'm told is a sign of a bad facelift), scarring, chronic fatigue, and frequent pockets of pus behind my ears.

I returned to talk to the doctor last week, and was met with the same smiling  "Oh, you look so great."  and I sat for over two hours crying and trying to get them to listen and understand that although I am not a facial reconstructive doctor, I do know that my face is not pulled back, but my ears are now pulled forward and down (one farther than the other), and I actually look worse than before.  My main problem with them is that I told them what my problem areas were, when I went in, and as a professional doctor, he should have told me that the Lifestyle Lift is not what I needed done, and gave me suggestions of what I should have had done.

If I go to my medical doctor and tell him I think I need my gall bladder removed, he doesn't just remove it, take my money, and then find out later that I just needed medicine for an ulcer.  I don't even want to leave my house anymore, much less try to work on my modeling or acting.  I tried some photo shoots after the surgery, and my photographer of 20 years told me that I looked older after the surgery than I had before.  It definitely took a lot of photoshopping to make the pictures usable.  I don't enjoy going to activities with my children, and have started putting on weight, something that I have never done in my life, even after six children.

I have went to see another plastic surgeon, and it's going to take at least 7,000 to 10,000 dollars just to fix the pixie ear deformity.  If anyone knows of anyone who can help, please let me know.

This is just to update my previous review. After...

This is just to update my previous review. After the last time I was on here, the corporate office called me and said that my doctor had offered to do Botox and Restalyne injections for free, to fix the fact that I had addition nasolabial folds on my face following my February 2008 Lifestyle Lift. I told them that that would not correct the fact that my ears are forward on my face, and my face is drooping lower on the right side. My ear is now an inch and a half lower on the right side of my face. I feel like my face is melting. I continue to have swelling around my ears. I can't wear my glasses, or sunglasses, not only because it hurts, but the glasses sit very crooked on my face. She told me she would contact the doctor and get back to me, and she actually did. She said that he was offering to fix what had been done to my face. So I called and set up for another Lifestyle Lift surgery. Four days before the scheduled surgery, the nurse called and asked for my pharmacy information, but gave me no pre-op instructions. (remember it has been a year since I originally had this done). I tried to call and get some information, and was told someone would call me back, which they never did. So I waited over the weekend for my Monday surgery, tried to remember what I was supposed to do Sunday before I went to bed, and then had nightmares for the two hours I was able to sleep. (For some reason it bothered me to think about letting the doctor, who I had pissed off by complaining about his work, cutting my face and ears off yet again, and reattaching it) I got up this morning, April 27, and went back to the Dallas Lifestyle Lift, for my procedures, only to find that the doctor wasn't even there, plus they wanted me to sign a waiver/release form, releasing 'forever' Lifestyle Lift, and Dr. S, from anything resulting from my February 2008 surgery. When I said that there was no way that I could sign the waiver, they said that it was the standard form that I needed to sign for surgery. There was nothing STANDARD about it. It didn't even mention the procedure that I was to have today. It wasn't anything like the release for medical treatment form that I had signed previously. It was more like the form you sign after an auto accident, when you accept a settlement check, and can't ever go back on them again, if for some reason something gets worse. Plus, they were only planning on fixing my ear lobes. So if I had been ignorant or trusting enough to sign their paper, I would have sat in there all drugged up thinking they were actually correcting the procedure, and walked out of there all wrapped up, and only later realized that they had only done my earlobed. And they told me the only way I could have a copy of the paper, is if I signed it first. So I left. And in all this time, my doctor still had not made an appearance. Not only had I gotten a hotel room to stay at after the procedure, I had arranged for someone to care for my children and get them to school and back. Not to mention the emotional, and physical problem that this has caused me in the last 14 months, and the depression, and feeling as if not one at LSL cared what they had done to me. The fact that I bawled like a baby, when the reputable reconstructive surgeon that I consulted after not getting satifaction from LSL, took one look at me and acknowleged that there was a problem, and that it was caused by a bad facelift, and put a name to it, is proof of what an emotional roller-coaster the people and doctor at Lifestyle Lift have put me through. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY PEOPLE IN TEXAS THAT ARE PLANNING A CLASS ACTION SUIT AGAINST THESE RUDE, HATEFUL PEOPLE, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I'M IN!!!

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

BBaustin, many women who post here that have had horrible results do not want to post their pictures due to embarrassment, personal reasons, etc. I don't know why kinkamom doesn't want to post her pics, but I do not doubt her story because many of the things that she states in her story also sounds like my ordeal with LSL. Not posting pics does not mean that the person did not SUFFER through a LSL. If you want to see pictures of a LSL botch job, go and look at my pictures and many other women have posted pics as well. If your are considering this procedure, I would encourage you to also seek out an independent board certified plastic surgeon in your area and get a 2nd opinion. I wish you the best, Chrystal Eckes
I don't mean to be a cynic, but without pictures how do we know this is factual and not grossly exaggerated? I am considering having this procedure done in the Dallas office, so pictures would certainly be helpful. Thanks.
Dr. S, at the Dallas office, is a board certified facial plastic surgeon. So, if what I'm reading is true how do I or anyone else find a good one?
Sorry you had to go through this, but thank you for sharing this info and saving me from making the same mistake. I was thinking of going to Dallas for the LSL procedure. Your in my prayers. Still thinking of doing a face lift though????
I am so glad I found your story, I will NEVER get that procedure. I think botched plastic surgery (or such types of procedures) are such a horrible situation because of the psychological effects. The guilt that people feel when an "optional" procedure goes awry. I FEEL your pain, really. Your story has had an impact and a result. I will NEVER get it done and I will spread the word that it's a scam. Your experience is not for nothing, the ONLY way out of your situation is to proceed legally, if you can stand it and to FORGIVE. Not the doctors, FORGIVE YOURSELF. You're just a baby in this world, you didn't know, you couldn't. We are sitting ducks for this type of advertising. It's mind control and it hits you in your weakest area, your vanity. And for a woman in this society THAT IS your Achilles heel. You WERE a victim. That's all. YOU and your quest for beauty and youth are really alright. You'll be alright. Even if you have to live with asymmetry and looking "worse" than you did. I KNOW it's hard. But from a spiritual standpoint, you now have a REAL challenge to overcome... LOVING YOURSELF ANYWAY. Please do. It's the ONLY way for you to recover (I mean, go ahead, SUE SUE SUE, I believe in making people PAY) BUT For your own head, you MUST FORGIVE YOURSELF... (and, you must FORGIVE them) Let me explain that. It does NOT mean letting them off the hook and if ANY lawyer asks you if you've forgiven them, say NO. BUT, in your heart, you must. Because as detestable as they are, they are just a soul like you and me who has been brought to such a low level that they would do this to the tender, sensitive sister (you). Forgiveness is love. And forgiveness of THEM is FOR YOU and YOUR head. It doesn't mean letting them off the hook. It helps you let you off the hook. All my love to you all. If you've had the procedure and it went well, good. Don't do any more. If you haven't, let this woman's story be your CLUE from the universe that you should not. And if you've gotten it and it went badly... YOU have the greatest challenge at all. You can use it for enlightenment and growth. Don't let it completely destroy you. In your heart you KNOW your body is just a shell and that you are so much more. Just say "no" to falling victim to the UNREALISTIC standards women are held to. Let your less-than-perfect face be your turning point to finding THE REAL YOU, behind the face. Read Eckhart Tolle! Love yourselves. and FORGIVE yourself. Don't lose hope, it's your face and it's important, but there's a reason for what you are going through and the world holds wonderful gifts for you still if you can clear your eyes enough to see them. Your life is much more important than your face. Much love and healing to you, dear girl. To all the girls. We are so okay the way we are, now WE have to believe it.
Tom...thank you thank you thank you!!!

just posted:

Lifestyle Lift Slammed for Deceptive and Illegal Posting by NY AG

-- And How RealSelf Protects Our Community

Thank you Tom for your hard work on keeping this site up and running even when you were being sued by LSL. I am so thankful to you and your staff. I am sorry for all my posting antics as I am sure you are aware of all of them. I have promised to be a kinder and gentler poster in the future. But back to the real world, again, thank you, thank you, thank you for realself.com.
One more bites the dust- Thank GOD!
I had an appointment to get a "free evaluation" from LSL in Dallas for today--I thank God that I had the foresight to check out this site. I have cancelled my appointment and told them that I would not go in for an evaluation EVER. Thyank you so much for your input!
We are most welcome to have saved you from what we went through!!
After a 2006 LSL procedure& protruding permanent sutures, intense pain, numbness, twitches in my eye, a sensation of being choked, getting the runaround from corporate& the doctors, promised a revision by a real plastic surgeon, who now doesn't even work there, I got even worse news today. I went to see a very prominent, highly regarded plastic surgeon , who actually has claimed to have done some LSL revisions w/ great results. He examined me & feels that my greater auricular nerve was cut or permanently injured. He said in any Dr. that does facial work, they know where this nerve is & to stay away from it. The LSL doc that did me, probably forgot his glasses that day! In addition to that, LSL made the incision on me so far away from the ear, that there is no way I can be revised. There is not enough skin! And here they promised me a revision knowing I didn't have enough skin!.He also asked if I had a good lawyer.What does that imply, coming from a plastic surgeon about another Dr's work? So.. I am SOL, have to live with the pain because he said anyone trying to fix me or offering to, I better RUN!. I fell for their infoscams& lies of the best of the best plastic surgeons, doing thorough checks on all doctors hired, but I won't fall for their lies anymore. I've decided to contact every agency I can find & inform them of the lies, deceit, implications, mutilations, and show them they can screw me once, but never again. It's payback time. They don't care about us or our faces, Dr K cares about his greedy pocketbook. He needs to hold his Dr 's accountable to the highest standard of care& start taking pride in his buisness & work. The Dr I saw today said a one hour facelift can not be properly done& what they did to my face, clearly the Dr didn't care what results he got. He will know whose face he messed up soon enough. My patience has worn way too thin& they have had ample time to make this right. Every agency I find will here from me.And the kicker is not even an apology, an acknowledgement they did wrong.How heartless these people are, from the top Dog to the non-medical consultant that gets a bonus for ' Booking '...
I agree with the others here. That person is rude that asked ow you have the money for this. Don't waste your energy on negative people. That's a lot of money to pay and not get the results you want, but also ends up damagjng your self image even more. I was watching the infomercial on tv just a while ago. I'm over fifty plus years old, and I'm seeing signs of aging.I thought about how great those women looked after they got LSL. But now after reading this, I'm seriously having second thoughts. I also wondered how they could do so much in one hour. Is it like a cookie cutter method? Sorry but I would think it might take longer if they were really paying close attention. I'm sorry that you had a bad experience.
Carnation, The plastic surgeon that I have consulted about correcting everything that was ruined about my face said that the Lifestyle Lift, what I had done, was actually a mini lift, or neck and lower face lift, and was done while I was awake, but was given many valiums, plus shots of a local anesth. all over my face. Hope that answers your questions.
Margitmom, First question, I actually had saved some myself, and then met a wonderful man that is still in my life, who offered to help with the surgery. Second question, I was working evenings at a bank job, and my older children watched my younger children. This enabled me to work part-time while getting paid like full-time. Hope that answers your questions.
Why would you even answer that question when it is no ones business. That person is so rude for asking it in the first place.
Kimakamom, after all that you have been through, I wouldn't waste my time answering peoples petty questions such as Margitmom's question. That's no one's business how you afforded to pay for that. Also, I would not wait for a class action suit, you should contact an attorney and sue these people. God bless you, and thank you, because of your story, I have decided not to have this procedure done.
Kim, after what you have been through, you were much nicer to this rude human (most likely an OTHER) than I would have been. Not only is it not his/her business about where your funds come from, it is an ignorant question. It's not like LSL worked on the money, they worked on your face. Is this forum about how people afford this lift, ah.. duh... no, it is about your experience at LSL. I don't think you started out your bio by stating how hard you worked to save the money. Maybe margitmom would like to tell us who they really are and post a bio or tell us why in the world they need to know where the money you worked for came from. Best, Chrystal Eckes
What is a lifestlye face? How does it compare to a face lift by a plastic surgeon? All the info is so vague. Is it done by a cosmetic surgeon?
Carnation, please go to the answer and question secion. There are many answers to you question there but here is one that I am particularly partial to. The Emporer's New Clothes.... With a Twist Stephen Prendiville, M.D. Stephen Prendiville, M.D. Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon Answer by Stephen Prendiville, M.D. Ft. Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon This facial plastic surgeon is a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS), the world's largest association of facial plastic and reconstructive surgeons. Learn more The results offered by branded, heavily marketed, "one hour" procedure "magic lifts" are reminiscent of this old story. When a patient has indications for a facelift (jowls, mid facial descent, obliquity in the neck), one hour is simply not enough..... ......you can take it to the bank! The fact remains that when any facelift type procedure (branded or otherwise) is performed in only one hour, there are two plausibe scenarios: a) the patient didn't need a facelift to begin with, or b) a lot of short cuts were taken in the procedure. For patients I have seen postoperatively after branded facelifts, the latter option has usually been true. The unfortunate outcome for the patient is very little visible aesthetic benefit from the branded lift procedure combined with very visible scars. I would advise prospective patients to seek the advice of well trained Facial Plastic Surgeons or Plastic Surgeons in your area, listen to word of mouth, and heed advice that sounds plausible. Don't let your "New Clothes" be visible scars that any self respecting surgeon would be ashamed of.
How does a single mother of six afford this? Do you pay childcare for six children when you work as well? This is for Kimakamom
Why in the world would you ask such a stupid question??? It is what LSL did to her, not what she can or cannot afford. You must not be able to read, she was working 2 jobs and modeling. Unlike you unregistered guest and probably a "OTHER" she does not have to answer to you or anyone else where her Funds are coming from. Rude Human! Chrystal Eckes
Wow. You are just the nastiest person, Chrystal. I have seen many posts on here from you, questioning why someone in her early 40's would need an LSL, telling people their positive results won't last, antagonizing anyone who has good results. And you have the AUDACITY to tell this person off? FYI...you are the RUDEST HUMAN ON THIS FORUM!! It is unfortunate you had a bad experience. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Perhaps you might want to take your anger and put it towards something positive. I too wonder about this woman, who seems to put her 6 kids upfront in her post, insinuating she is having a tough time financially, and working two jobs...then running off to get a face lift. I don't think it's a stupid question. I think it's a reasonable one.
Vivica, No, I am not rude nor nasty. The question of where her money came from is not in question here. She came to realself.com to do the same thing that I did, WARN WOMEN THAT THIS LIFT IS NOT AS ADVERTISED AND YOU CAN HAVE LASTING PHYSICAL AND MENTAL HARM! The question of money is not even remotely relative. She mentioned her children one time in the beginning sentence of her post. I guess if she had to take medical leave due to her not being able to work that would cause financial problems. BTW, I am putting my anger to positive use, I read the forums and try to warn other people from doing this to themselves. Maybe if you RE-READ the post, you will see that the children was mentioned in the first line and that she was doing the lift for "herself". I would imagine being a mother of 6 to be a bit daunting and she states "for once {I} did something totally for me". So, it really is not hard to figure out, money is not the issue here, it is what LSL did to her. If you think that I am antagonistic, well everyone has a right to their own opinion. The question of money and where it came from is no ones business but her own. FYI, she answered the question very politely a couple of posts down, much nicer than I would have. So thank you Vivica for your astute observation on my posts. I do appreciate the input and will try to be a kinder and gentler poster in the future. Best, Chrystal Eckes.
Vivica, do you know margitmom?