My First Treatment, May Do Another

I had my first fraxel treatment yesterday (I had a...

I had my first fraxel treatment yesterday (I had a test patch done months earlier and no problem at all) I bought a package of 5 treatments for 3500.00. The technician applied a numbing gel which I loved and then offered me a percocet and half an ativan..i just took half the ativan as I didnt want pain meds. WOW..Do not get this done without pain meds! It felt like a hot sewing needles scratching down my face and I could barely get through it. I took meds halfway through and then it started to feel less painful. I would also recommend not getting this done if you are on or nearing your menses if you are sensitive as this can make you more sensitive to the procedure. I was able to have cold air blown on my face while the trx was being done and also kept it blowing cool on my face for 20 min after the procedure.

The evening after I had no pain or swelling..I was given a great healing gel to apply for the next few days..my skin is smooth and it looks like i have a slight sunburn but easily could cover with makeup. Do not use any retinol, gycolic or AHAs a few days before getting fraxel.

I am 43 and have some blotchy red areas on nose and cheeks like broken blood vessels and some sun damage spots and was told fraxel does not work as well on red spots..this was a surprise to me as I had been told it does work on red spots so i dont know what to think. I would like to get another trx and will definitely take pain medication.

Facial Rejuvination Centre

I think it all comes down to making sure you are getting trx from skilled people who know how to do the procedures