Botox in India - Mumbai, India

The lines around my eyes have bothered me for a...

The lines around my eyes have bothered me for a little while, they show up when I put on a really big smile. I've thought about botox but not very seriously. Then I thought, while in India, why not?? I went to a well known hospital in Mumbai and met with a very attentive doctor from the 'dermo-cosmetology centre'. He spoke good English and was very professional. I got quotes for botox around my crows feet (3 injections under each eye) and eyebrow lift (1 injection under each eyebrow), plus tattoo removal, hair removal, and mole removal. All was going ok until I fainted on the forth injection. Such a bizarre feeling, I would describe it as trying to fight your way out of a nightmare. Anyway, I woke up to a bit of a ruckus between the doctor and nurse, and them lowering the bed flat so the blood would return to my head. I asked if he knew I was fainting (I was interested, not questioning him) and he proclaimed he knew immediately. Perhaps it sounded like I was questioning him. I wanted to continue but he told me to rest for 5 minutes before continuing, and joked that I can't faint again otherwise I will end up with one eyebrow higher than the other. Haha. The rest was completed and I can already see the difference. They said it would be most effective in 7 days. I would highly recommended the doctor and hospital generally to anyone in India, and I will also say that my 'why not' attitude is not particularly wise. These things are not as well regulated as in Western countries. For the record I am 24.

Dr Shrichand Parasramani (Lilavati Hospital)

Friendly, honest and professional doctor who speaks good English. I was impressed by the way he handled my fainting during the treatment. He works in a reputable hospital and has the latest technology at his disposal such as the Medilite C6 laser, Cutera Coolglide laser and Nd Yag laser.