Palomar Lux 1540 Stretch Mark Removal - Mountain View, CA

I am a black male that waited for years for my...

I am a black male that waited for years for my stretch marks on my back to cure themselves. When that never happened I decided to do some research and find my own solution. I ended up on this website and after reading about a dozen reviews decided to give it a try. I made an appointment in San Jose CA. I spoke to the doctor and said that my concern was that because I am black that my skin would keloid which is something that is pretty common among african americans. When we damage our skin it heals with a very dark and large scar that is on top of the skin like a bubble. He said okay no problem there may be issues with discoloration in african american individuals known as hyper-pigmentation. And I thought to my self geez is it worth it to have no stretch marks but dark spots all over. So he took me in the back for a test run and sent me packing with an appointment in a few weeks. Nothing was discolored upon return to the office for the real procedure.

So they led me into the room and put a ton of numbing cream on my back and let me sit there for an hour (which I had of known that was going to happen I would have brought headphone or a book). The doctor stopped in again and told me that even though the test spoke went well with no discoloration he would still take it easy on this first procedure with only 2 passes instead of 3 to ensure my skin reacted well. I wanted to say nOOoo doctor just do 3 passes if not 4!!! But I decided because he is the doctor not to interfere because I didn't want to make the wrong decision and come out of there with my skin severely discolored because of my own inpatients. So the procedure started and I must say it is very uncomfortable. Not horrible pain at all but very uncomfortable like getting a tattoo on your back basically or a thousand bee stings. Anyway it was over in about 10 minutes.

Afterwards my back was very very red and it felt like a severe sunburn. However that only lasted a few hours and then I was fine. It has now been 2 weeks and I feel as though I cannot see any results. And also it kind of itches a lot. It may be a little better but not much because I cannot see the difference after the first procedure. But on the next procedure he will do 3 or 4 passes which should give some good results.

However now me and my wife are expecting and I am starting to feel weird about spending 750 dollars a month on laser treatments when I should be saving the money to start our family. I will consider financing them so that I can save the cash!! Next appointment in 4 weeks so I will post again after my next go around!!
Dr. Lowe

He seems okay I guess I am still a bit upset about him suggesting to only give 2 passes because I feel like I wasted a bit of money but I would feel the opposite if he started aggresively and left me permanently scarred.