First Time IPL, Cheeks/Nose. for Sun Damage - Mount Vernon, WA

I am 46 years old, fair complexion, and am really...

I am 46 years old, fair complexion, and am really starting to see the effects of sun exposure. I've been doing peels but decided to give IPL a try. Although it's painful, I am happy with the results and have scheduled two additional sessions.

My side effects: redness that calmed after the first day, and my darker freckles have turned even darker (I was warned that this is normal) and have begun to flake off. I know my pictures aren't the greatest, but you can see the big freckle to the right of my nose is now gone after only two days. Wish the pics were better so you could see the improvements. I am very pleased so far with this first session's results. I also had some very slight tenderness following the procedure. Hardly noticeable though and was gone the next day.

My only complaint is that the procedure is painful while it's being performed. If I could go back and warn my younger self that it would be my "punishment" for exposing my skin, I so would! The price I'm paying for my stupidity! I have to remind myself that it could be worse.

Regardless, I do recommend this procedure but only with someone who knows what they're doing. Do your homework!
Nice results, please let us know the final results once you complete the next two treatments.
I have always been worried about the sun effects myself.
Marcy Ludemann

Marcy is a clinical esthetician at Cascade Facial Surgery and Aesthetics. She has done my peels for the past few months and is currently working with me on a treatment plan for skin resurfacing. She is well-trained, professional and conscientious.