Having surgery on Wednesday,getting very jumpy and...

Having surgery on Wednesday,getting very jumpy and nervous but really need this done,not all family know ,the ones that do aren't happy,but they have youth on their side and no horrible neck.please lovely people will need lots of support after Wednesday.having lower face lift and neck lipo.i want to feel youthful again.
Thinking of you, hope all is well XO
good Luck
Hiya, good luck. Keep looking on here for support. Where are you having it done? Btw I met mr sax by years ago, really nice.

Maureen pooley

Just got wifi on,restless night more uncomfortable than pain,have second neck chin bandage on,not much swelling,but looking very pulled,I hope it relaxes a bit,keep the comments going girls,really appreciated.photos day 1 poet op,
You are smiling...that is a good sign!! The swelling and numbness and tight feeling is all normal. I am 23 days post FL and upper bleph and today was the first day my cheeks did feel like hard plastic! yah! The swelling peaked for me at about day 4 and then started improving...it will pass!!! You are on the other side and doing great!
Looking so great, I love your smile!! No worries on the pull, that will definitely feel better!
Right there with you. Had neck lift done on August 6, I am on day 2. Pain 1st night manageable. Already went to PS for post op. Looks fantastic. Feel like a little pulled in mouth too, but he also lipped near ears/eyes as well, but looks great. Had Buccel fat removal as I had chipmunk look. Very similar chin to yours so I hope to see your results. Ice, ice, ice, but my sister who is a vet says don't over-do. Just the 15 mins every 2 hous or not as much healing.

Mopooley

Had a real down day yesterday,I knew I was going to swell and did enough research beforehand,but when it's actually you,it really hits home.i think my mouth is starting to regain its normal shape,until the swelling goes it's going to be pulled,on ibrufen and paracetamol,didn't take the oromorph.fairly comfortable night,not so much pain as rock hard cheeks and uncomfortable,speak soon girls.

That was day 2 post op

Mo pooley

Had bandages off,I have a neck and a chin and a rather distorted face,2 days post op

Mo pooley

Bandages off I have a chin and a neck

Mopooley

Waiting to go home from hospital,had hair washed,and reassurance that my face won't stay swollen.
Wow, look at the difference in your neck! It's gonna look great! Don't overdo when you get home, lots of rest, water and keep your head elevated for swelling. Love the updates, thanks!
Following your story, considering a facelift there also, but scared!
I am looking forward to sharing this journey with you. You can already see how amazing you're going to look. Listen to your body. Take it slow. The best is yet to come..

At home resting,
Hey Maureen - just curious - I don't see any kind of head dressing. I had to wear the head dressing for a week (also had 2 drainage tubes) and then was switched to a chin strap. Do you have to wear anything? You look fantastic - by the way!
Had drainage tubes taken out yesterday,no head dressing,or chin strap.the ones I had on in hospital were choking but I persevered with it.just have to sleep elevated,and not bend.

Mo pooley

Hi girls,three days post op,feel like face is going to burst but starting to take shape already,I take lots of pics and seems to change by the hour sometimes.had a mixed night ,woke up panicking ,have I done the right thing,but I can see slowly the swelling easing up,can't feel ears or back of head.lots of face numb as well.going for a walk later,speak soon x
Stay calm, it's gonna be gorgeous :)
Yes I was very scared,don't like the swelling or tightness,but that will ease.mt stuart brilliant,no worries there x
Any good procedures done in Marion county FL?

Mo pooley

Had a little walk today,by the time I got back,oh everything was so tight,not so far tomorrow,maybe around the house.still feel like my face is going to burst,still on paracetamol and ibuprofen.icing as well,have added more photos,still only three addy post op.x
Maureen you are already looking fantastic and have a lovely heart shape face emerging! You are going to be so delighted! My face swelled up like a balloon after a smas facelift, and it took a couple of weeks before I went out in public. Bags of frozen peas helped a bit with a tea towel wrapped around and arnica pills and witch hazel for the bruising. May I ask if you had local or general anaesthetic, how was it administered, and do you remember anything of the operation as it took place?
Hi I had a general anaesthetic,no don't remember a thing ,I think I was out for 3.5 hrs.i have to admit I wasn't prepared for my face feeling like its in a vice,but reading the comments I guess it's normal,I'm just impatient.
Wow you are looking so much younger already. The tightness is normal and will ease as time goes on. It's good to keep moving though, keeps the bum from getting too sore lol. Are you wearing your face bra, it gives relief from swelling. :)

Mo pooley

Day4 post op,thank you for all your support and motivation it really is making me stay calm and helping so much.slept a little longer last night,woke up feeling really tight,so took painkillers and ibuprofen and iced.bruising starting to kick in now,but I'm happy with that just dislike the vice like feel.trying to not get upset as one of our beloved cats is so very ill and we have kept him going this last two weeks on pills,but sadly I think it's time to say goodbye,or probably tomorrow when the vets opens.he's not in pain,just so very weak and wobbly.
You are looking great, but am so sorry to hear about your kitty. I too lost a kitty, just a month ago, I had her for 16 years and she got so ill and went downhill very fast so I had to put her down. I understand your heartbreak.. Best wishes to you and you are doing so well in your recovery! xx
Good to see your updates :) So sorry about your beloved pet, we have a senior dog that we're basically keeping alive on medications, although he still perks up at dinnertime ;) Try not to get down, as a bit of depression is typical in this type of surgery under the best of circumstances, remember everything will be okay, you have such beautiful and exciting days ahead! As flygirl put it so well, keep that beautiful chin up XO
Hi thank you,feeling positive today,the vice like grip is starting to ease.painkillers are getting more infrequent,so everything going the right way.my little Caddy(my cat) he is 15 and an old boy,trying to do the best we can for him,he has perked up today,but I know that won't last,he is on steroids to try and boost him but he is slowly going downhill ,never a good time to say goodbye. Yes I will keep the new chin up x

Mo pooley

Day 5 post op,always gets tight evenings,and I get a bit short tempered by then,husband doesn't cope well as I normally do most things,but not at the moment.slept better ,didn't wake up for painkillers,went 11 hours without any,looking a lovely shade of yellow.tightness in face easing a little.support socks off.still difficult to eat,had already lost 35 lbs before surgery,I don't want to lose much more,Katwin 41 I have photos for you of incisions,small one under chin,and in front and behind ears.there are lots of stitches in back of my head but can't be sen as my hair covering it.
Thank you Maureen. The cost you mention in £UK of £6,300 is what I expected it would be. I hope the tightness loosens up in the next few days.
Thanks again for the photos of the incisions. They look good, will heal up with hardly a trace and although he went a long way into your hairline at the back, you will be able to wear your hair up without it being noticeable. Your face is looking gorgeous, in spite of the bruising.
Thank you Hun,I am still very numb in my head,and keep forgetting I have ears as I can't feel them,I just keep touching these sticky out things and I realise they are my ears! Tightness in face is slowly getting better,my neck is soooooo tight,but then I did want a slender neck,hopefully once the stitches are out it will loosen a bit,take care x

Mo pooley

5 days post op,what a lovely shade of yellow! Face is starting to feel less tight.love the shape of neck and oh so good to have a chin,never photographed myself so much! Not on many painkillers now and seem to sleep better.i did practice sleeping upright about two weeks previous,also purchased a halo hair extension as I did lose some hair although not noticeable to anyone else,I know .cant wait for Friday when I have stitches out,few more pics x
You are coming along great and looking better every day!
Hi just read your review,I think you look lovely,but if you're not happy go back.i had smas fl and neck lipo,still swollen but face is now starting to calm down thank you for your lovely comment x
You're looking better every day!!! I had my surgery on June 7th and my neck still feels tight and I'm numb in a lot of places.

Mo pooley

6 days post op,my left side of neck has started to loosen ,right side still feels like its in a vice,face not swelling so much,some feeling starting to come back,ears bit prickly,but that is probably due to nerves coming back to life.having stitches out tomorrow,been brought forward by two days.painkillers less and less.went out in the car with husband today,big dark glasses and went to the post office on my own,not conscious of what people think,I'm happy,bruising on neck coming out more.
Looking better everyday!!
Wow! you look fantastic, I am thinking of having the same thing, just researching at the moment, but you look great.
Looking gorgeous with your autumn tones lol

Mo pooley

7 days post op,always very stiff mornings when I awake.having stitches out today,have shown the bruising in the pics.bit of a crooked smile but that us the side that is still really tight,I am sure as tightness wears off the smile will be normal.cant believe it's been a week since op.my mum has been over to see me and when I showed her the before photos she had to admit it was bad,I had a worse neck than her and she's 80,at least she is now speaking to me,so are both my sons,my daughter is travelling down this weekend as it's her second hen night with the oldies! I hope she is ok with me,I'm sure she will be.thank you girls for your lovely comments and support,what a journey! All been made that much easier with your support x

Mo pooley

For all the pet lovers ,look who's recovering!
So happy to see your cat up and about! Day 7 and you are looking fantastic. Love the couch and colors.....day 7 for me as well. I have lots more bruising than yours but coming along.
It must be a relief that your mother and family now realise the procedure was necessary. You now have an elegant neck and wonderful cheekbones from the smas lift. Your surgeon did amazing work. You now look like a different more attractive woman and so much younger. I can't wait to get down to Torquay and see what he can do for me!
Hi ,so glad you are going to torquay and seeing peter saxby,he was recommended by another ps.please mention you followed my story x

Mo pooley

8 days post op,had stitches out from in front of my ears,that reduced pulling a little bit.last night everything felt so much easier,when I woke up this morning,omg felt like I was back in a vice,but is starting to loosen again,have remaining stitches in back of my head out at the end of next week.put a little eye make up and lipstick on this morning,can't wait for remaining stitches to come out.

Mo pooley

Hi,just wanted to ask is it normal for my neck to loosen up then start going tight again?
You look wonderful. Congrats!! Also so happy your cat is doing so much better!! I am having rhino and neck lift Sept 16th.

Mo pooley

Well this is my first social event,with my daughter,going out on a mini hen night with the older girls,feeling less tight and getting better every day..now 10 days post op x
You look wonderful! Congratulations on your surgery.
Thank you so much,remember to post pictures and we can travel with you on your journey.
Hope you had a great night out with your daughter. In answer to your neck tightening question, yes it is normal, for me at least. Salt, alcohol, looking down all play a part along with the fluid retention. It does get easier, patience.

Mo pooley

I think I am at 15 days post op,still have to have stitches out on Friday in back of my head and behind my ears,but today is the first day with nearly full make up,still sleeping elevated,no pain,ears starting to come back to life,still very numb in parts of face and in my head.still tight feeling in neck,but getting better every day.going back to one of my easier lighter jobs later,but will take it easy.
2 weeks out and looking GORGEOUS!! :D
Thank you,went back to work today,had a few long looks,so I just came out with it and told people,feel so much better now.
Wow, don't you look gorgeous! Aren't you pleased? Are you feeling as good as you look? What does your profile look like? I don't see how people can't tell a difference lol. Congratulations, you look spectacular!

Mo pooley

15 days post op,profile pictures,stitches behind ears and in my head out tomorrow,they are starting to get uncomfortable when I go to bed.really loosened off last night,but always quite tight mornings.bit of lumpiness under chin,but I think that is normal with lipo.
You're looking fabulous! Today is my 4 week anniversary and I'm still kind of distorted, but it's getting better. I had a nose job too though. Seriously, you look lovely. Hopefully the angst of recovery will be a blur in the not so distant future. Enjoy your revitalized beauty!!
Thank you,feeling good,I should imagine with a nose job it's going to take a bit longer,hope you're not in too much pain,I feel good about myself,first time in a long time .
*wolf whistle* Fabulous!

Mo pooley

16 days post op,just had all my stitches removed and pain free too.neck looser this morning,and I can feel head more relaxed with stitched out.still have to sleep elevated,but can start to move my neck more normally. I have sooo. Much more time on my hands now,that I don't keep looking in the mirror pulling my face back!! So glad I had it done,family are all back to normal and speaking to me again,booked my hair to be tinted 23 sept,all ready for my daughters wedding.feeling good,no pain,no painkillers tightness getting better day by day,and finally no stitches.
Amazing how quickly the healing actually occurs isn't it? You look good.
You are a beautiful inspiration! I am looking forward to the same procedure some day. You seem to have healed quickly.
Did Mr Saxby give any advice (i.e., massage) about the lumpiness under the chin, Maureen? Can't wait to see your photos at your daughter's wedding. You are just looking lovelier all the time!

Mo pooley

Hi ,21 days post op and have some lumpiness under chin and uneven one side,still tight most of the time.is this normal with neck lipo? I have tried reading up on it and sem to get conflicting stories,I go back to ps next Wednesday,just wanted reassurance that all is normal,tried taking pics but can't see the lumps in the photos.
Hi Mo, you look amazing! Thank you for sharing your journey...it's a real gift, especially to folks like me who are still trying to figure what to do and how to deal with the resistance of family members. Thank you again! -Peggy
Hi !i dropped a few hints about 18 mths ago to get a response,and I knew I would be doing a lot of research into the surgeon that I would finally choose.the response I received was absolute negativity,and anger,so I let it lie there and casually dropped into conversation about my neck and jowls ,still negative response.finally when I I decided to go through with it,told my daughter who decided not to speak to he for about a week prior to me going ahead,my mother I told one hour before procedure,my son I told after the op.no one wanted to upset me after the op and when the swelling and bruising settled,everyone said it was good.it took a lot of courage to go through with the op and even more so knowing how my family felt.but everyone is back to normal,and so glad I did not let my family persuade me to not have it done.just do what you want to do,and remind them you do not stop them doing what they want to do even if you don't agree or are concerned for them.x
Lumps and unevenness is part of the procedure. It is good to have this confirmed by your ps of course as they can see and feel whereas we are commenting on our own post op lumps. Remember there is a lot going on under your skin and it will take a lot longer than 21days. It is hard not to scrutinise your face and worry. We all do it. That said you do look amazing, I am sure others can't notice, after all the men in your office didn't even notice your facelift lol. (And we worry about a bad hair day)

22 days post op,having a rest this afternoon as feeling tight behind my ears
I was shocked when i saw the transformation… in less than a month?? my friend (age 59) had a face lift and she looked like the changeling (character on old sci fi TV show) for nearly 6 months!! if i had the money i'd fly to GB tomorrow and get the surgery done there… and only 6300!!!! You are a very beautiful woman, and glad to have you back!! I bet your husband will be thrilled with the "new you" for years to come! Has your doctor told you how long these results will last?
Thank you for your kind words,seeing ps on Wednesday so will ask him then x
Just looked at your before and afters, Holy Cow! What a transformation :)

Mo pooley

Day 24,feeling numb on one ear,very sensitive in the other ear,full of scabs behind ears and in hair line.still no feeling at side of face ,behind ears and my head above suture lines.tightness getting easier,although if I do too much it really tightens up.still sleeping elevated,definitely easier mornings ,not so tight.still can't believe its me in the mirror.still lumpy in neck ,but normal for lipo,it's going to take time and it's not noticeable to anyone but me.its me being over critical and wanting perfect results now.its going to take a few months before it all settles.
Thank you .feel good too .
Honestly, you look amazing!
Hello Mo, you look really good, I'm also in Devon but gave been looking at Dominic Bray as he does FL under local, where is your surgeon based? Jan

Re 7 days post op

Just to let the girls that supported me know,our dear Caddy,who has been so ill,died this morning,he's pictured on 7 days post op,RIP dearest Caddy x
Oh, I'm so sorry Maureen :( (((HUGS))) He has gone to a better place...
Hi,yes he has,hate having to make that awful decision,but he is at peace now x

28 days post op

Been back to ps,have to massage under chin to even out lumps,been told it will settle within 2/3 months,all within normal range with lipo.still happy with procedure,no photos today ,feeling low ,sad day.
I'm so sorry for your loss, I had to put mine down a couple of months ago and I still cry for him every day.
So sorry to hear of your sadness. When you are feeling up to it, may I ask if you could post a photo of your profile? Take care. xx
Hi katwin41 ,thank you,as soon as my husband is in from the garden sunbathing,will get some profile pics for you xx

Mo pooley

Quite a while since I posted,had op 06/08/14,still have a few scabs in head,still some tightness in neck and still numb on sides of face and in side of my head.Having my hair coloured on Tuesday ready for the wedding on Friday 26 th,so glad I had it done,some people that I do not see that often do not recognise me,it's so funny yo see their reaction.Will out up some profile pics as well,still lumpy under chin but not too bothered,I am massaging it and have been reassured it will all even out in a month if two.
Your face has settled so beautifully and you look so happy, you make me smile, thank you :)
You look so great, good for you!
You look wonderful!!!

Mo pooley

Just to say thank you to everyone that has supported me and motivated me these last few weeks,you have all certainly made my journey less scary,and made me feel good about myself again.Any advice I can give to anyone contemplating having face surgery,go with your instinct,if you want it ,do it,don't let other people influence your decision,I do not regret it.and once again a big thank you girls xxxxxx
you look great ! I am shopping for a good facelift for my mommy
Thank you so much for share your journey with us. You look beautiful! I hope I look as good as you! One week today since my surgery! Enjoy your new you! Hugs

mo pooley

new hair style and colour to go with new face
Hi, where did you have the surgery done? I am contemplating going to RevitalizeInTurkey ? Can I ask What was the cost please?
Hi,I had mine done at Mount stuart hospital in Torquay Devon.lower face lift and neck lipo,cost was £6300 on a fixed cost,if anything went wrong it would have been fixed for no further fee.nothing went wrong ,but I felt happy with that.I was out socially on a hen night on day ten and back to work on day 14.i have no regrets and so glad I went ahead with it.you you have any questions please feel free to contact me.
Love it, you look amazing!! :D
Mr p saxby

Lovely surgeon,felt really confident with him and very down to earth