33 Yrs Old, 2 Kids, Mini TT and Abdominal Lipo - Mount Pleasant, TX

After 3 surgeries, and 2 kids my abdominal...

After 3 surgeries, and 2 kids my abdominal incision keloid and was slanted. I had gained over 80 pounds with the second kiddo, and even though I had lost 40 lbs and I still looked 7 months pregnant and the slanted incision became more noticeable with the extra skin. I decided enough was enough and started looking into a TT. I wanted a full TT, but was trying to avoid the hospital stay and not have my family find out about ANOTHER surgery. I expressed my concerns to Dr Z and we both decided the best route was a mini TT with lipo. Also no drains to avoid the questions, so I still have liquid and stay swollen for a few weeks. At first I was getting discouraged because I couldn't tell the difference in the lipo, but every week I see more definition.

22 days and still very swollen

I've been applying Scar Guard on my incision, so the healing is starting to progress. I workout at least 5 days a week with more cardio than anything since I am also recovering from a recent back surgery, so can't do much on weight training. Plan to do that in late April. I still look swollen but I can see the reduction of the swelling and definition. The swollen areas are very hard yet tender to the touch. I continue to wear a garment 24/7 but changed to spanx because I had a very hard time breathing when I slept in it. Would like the healing to be faster, but need to be patient. ;) Also started taking Arnica Montana pallets to help on the swelling.

22 days post surgery

Sorry, wrong side view photo uploaded.
Welcome to the community.  Hang in there and everything will heal eventually.  This is a long process!

4 weeks post...swelling still there, but lessening

Swelling is still there but going down every week. Will start massaging area with caster and almond oil and continue applying scar strips. I am wearing them in the photo, they are just clear. One thing I did notice was the internal stitches start to surface. There are triangular in shape and white. They don't hurt when I pull on them, they come out pretty easily.

5 weeks post

Not much to report, everything is looking the same. Still continuing my workout routine and keeping scar strips on the incision. Hoping to have more visible results.

6 weeks and now starting to get concerned

Is it me or there is no difference in 6 weeks?! I workout at least 4 times a week, eat well and massage my abdominal area every night, but see no progress in the healing or reduction in the swelling. I went for a follow up and my doc says it's still swelling and liquid around my incision. Starting to lose patience of not seeing better results on the procedures. Could I have seroma?

8 wks post and still waiting for true results

Swelling from the sides is starting to go down, but not much reduction on the belly. Looks like I didn't have a tummy tuck at all with the skin still hanging. I still massage the area every night and wear my garment at night. Incision is doing very well. Doc asked that I continue my workout routine and give the body time to absorb the liquid still in my belly area and for the swelling to go down completely before thinking about any modifications. I'm just anxious to see true results, especially after 2 months. But I am a slow healer.

8 wk changes

Wanted to provided a side by side comparison to help me see the changes
I was also looking to have a mini tt but after several consultations I decided a full tt will get better results plus the downtime difference is a week and the costs is on average about 1k or less diff but the results are a lot more significant. Mini equals mini results and most people who do mini ends up doing a revision when equals to another surgery more downtime and more money. A lot of the real self doctors will agree with me. You do have some improvements as I see in your pictures and I wish you the best.

10 weeks post and small changes taking place

Still slimming down but still would have preferred more instant and visible results. Patience needed. Still massaging and working out at least 4 days a week.
Completely agree that a full TT would have been ideal and gives better and more instant results. The price difference was $3k more in my area, a 3 week recovery, and I would have had to wait 2-3 months to get it done in Dallas. I didn't have that extra time since I had already used my time on 2 other surgeries (back and appendix) not too long before this one so I couldn't ask for more time off nor get the help to care for me or my kids....again. The great part of it all was that I was back to work in 4 days (missed only two days of work), swollen but pain free. I would recommend a full vs mini any day.

Almost 16 wks post and seeing very small changes

I went to my 3 month follow up and both the doc and I agreed to redo my lipo and mini TT. Ugh. We both are not seeing the results we had hoped as everyones body heals differently. I still have leftover skin hanging and that was the main reason I even had the mini TT. The lipo, you can barely see the difference. Again, I would have chosen the full TT if I had the 2 weeks to take off from work but some of us single moms don't have the luxury. More updates after the revision.
Dr Zambrano

Dr Z knew what I was looking for the minute he met me. His staff is great