My Doctor Totally Downplayed the Pain Factor. Mount Kisco, NY

It is now day two and I'm still in extreme pain! ...

It is now day two and I'm still in extreme pain! My doctor had me under the light on my right side for 20 minutes, left side for 20 minutes and scalp for twenty minutes. From reading others experience, I only should have been under the blue light for a total of 20 minutes. I will be taking that up with the doctor soon. The procedure itself was painful as hell! I'm pretty good with pain, but this felt as if hot oil was splashing on my face. I ventured out totally covered wit a hat and sunblock and it was extremely painful. Overall, unless the end results are something other than miraculous, I will not be doing the second recommended treatment.
Mount Kisco derm

Wow! I am right where you were! At least I know it will eventually heal...this Thursday will be On week. I am miserable and can't wait for this to end!!
I Just had this done and had 15 minutes with the kerastick on and then an hour under the light! The nurse kept coming in to reset the button every 20 minutes and commented as To why she has to keep resetting it during the procedure! I had it on Thursday and today I am hurting and beet red and scaly...I'm a bit worried She messed up...
I had what was reccomended.... 1 1/2 with the kerastick and then 17 minitues with the light.... did she get it backwards?????
I had PDT yesterday. Two years ago I had PDT and my reaction was no where near as severe as this time. Today my face is swollen and looks like I have the worst sunburn imaginable. Could not sleep last night as my face is stinging. I was told I would be able to return to work tomorrow. No way. Will post again in a few days but like you I will never do this again.
Today is one week and i am peeling like a banana!!!! Thank God I dont go back to work until August 4th! Hope your feeling better, I feel your pain!!!
Forgot to mention, a precription of Silverdeen" will work wonders according to a nurse friend. Her advise came too late for me. Call your doctor.
they told me not to use anything with medication on my face.... only the sunscreen they used or aloe gel.......
Well it depends how bad you burned. Silverdeen is for bad burns.
mine was horrid. so bad my eyes were swollen shut the second day. If I ever have to do it again, serious pain meds right from the start. after day 4 just a tightness and then the peeling started
Well good luck to you!
Ouchie!!!   How are you feeling today, I sure hope better.
Not really. This is day 5 and i still look the same. Ventured to the supermarket today and people stared. People amaze me! I went back to my doctor yesterday, and her jaw dropped when she saw me. She wouldnt admit it, but for my skin type I should not have been left under the light for a total of an hour. Terrible experience! I would not recommend!
Oh no!    Did she give you any indication of when this would heal?   Yes, people can be rude and that is very annoying.
She said it would take about a week to heal. Tomorrow is a week and im still beet red and peeling!
Hang in there.
How are you doing?
Just slightly red now. Took a full 2 weeks to heal. My skin is remarkably smooth and clear. Not sure if it was worth it or not.