Breast Cancer Surviver - Morristown, NJ

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer a year...

I was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer a year ago. Chemotherapy and radiation was the standard treatment for my case but I decided to have a double mastectomy in lieu of radiation. I met Dr. Rafizadeh after I had completed chemotherapy to perform the breast reconstruction.
The pathology reports after my double mastectomy indicated that I breast cancer would have returned eventually and I had spared myself a lot of pain.
As for my breasts, I cannot stop smiling. They look amazing! I still can't believe that they are mine! He made sure that my cancer diagnosis was just a big blessing in disguise. I am going on vacation next month and I am looking forward to putting on all my new bikinis!
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

It's so nice you have a lovely ending to a potentially scary and stressful situation. Sounds like you made a great decision with your double mastectomy. Are your new breasts fairly close in size to your original breasts? What type of reconstruction did you get? A FLAP of some type? Have fun on your vacation in your new bikinis!
I went from a 32A to a 32C. I first had the mastectomy and expanders (basically ballons with saline) put in for three months. The amount of saline in each breast were slightly different to compensate for an even size. Dr. Rafizadeh let me have a glimpse of my new breasts 24 hours after the surgery. I could not stop smiling. Three months later, the doctor put in Natrelle 410 breast implants which is Allergen's latest implant model. They are made of silicone and are anatomically shaped (like a pear) and I do not have ripples on either side of my breasts unlike some implants. I did get a small ripple on one breast (in the middle) due to lack of breast tissue but Dr. Rafizadeh fixed that with a simple fat graft. It was fast and practically painless.
So you didn't have to have any type of treatment before the expanders went in? That's great your doctor helped create symmetrical breasts with different volumes of saline in each breast. Did your implants then need to be different sized too? Where was the fat graft from? I bet you look amazing!
No treatment. Dr. Rafizadeh worked with my breast surgeon who performed the mastectomy. Yes, my implants are slightly different in size. Because I weigh only 106 lbs, finding fat for the fat graft was a little challenge. Dr. Rafizadeh took the fat from the right side of my hip since there was a little more fat on that side than the left side. He made a very small incision just below my pelvis bone (under my bikini line) . There was virtually no scaring and no bruising nor any kind of depression. I know this is not something anybody pays attention to but my hips look pretty symmetrical too!
Oh I'm glad you had the added bonus of symmetrical hips! I suppose at only 106 lbs, asymmetry is more noticeable. That's great you have minimal scars in an inconspicuous place. Hope you're having a fun vacation in your bikini right now!