Looking Forward to Results - Montgomery, AL

I researched this procedure quite a bit and only...

I researched this procedure quite a bit and only decided to do it after a lengthy consult with my doctor. He explained that he felt the original Coolscuplting machines that came out a few years ago didn't offer much in terms of results and only put one in his practice a few months ago after improvements had been made to the technology and better results from patients were reviewed. He said there is a "very tiny minority of people who are good candidates for this procedure."........and that most needed to either lose weight first or have liposuction instead.

I'm 42 years old, 5'10 1/2 and am an avid exerciser. Even when I was technically UNDERWEIGHT at 130 lbs., I still had a lower abdominal "pooch" --a result of an abdominal hysterectomy I had to have 10 years ago (never had children) -- and now that I'm a healthy 140 lbs., it's still there.

I fell into what he feels is the "tiny minority" and went ahead with getting it done. (They used the smallest abdominal applicator for me.) After reading many of the reviews here, I was certain that there would be SOME pain, but was pleasantly surprised at how painless it was for me. Sure, it's uncomfortable.....but nothing I would classify as PAIN. Maybe it's because it's a new machine? Not sure, but it's now Day 3 and I'm still fine. I can't tell I've had anything even done unless my cat stands on my abdomen (!) and then it's just a little sore... like a good ab workout.

I do still have some numbness in the area and it's a little swollen, but the doctor explained that was from having it compressed for an hour and should return to normal within a week or so. I took good pictures and measurements the night before the procedure and will post those with some progress shots when enough time has elapsed to see results, but for now, I'm really glad I had it done and am looking forward to seeing the results!

The $650 cost was for 1 procedure using the small applicator on my abdomen only. My initial consultation was with a doctor, but the actual procedure was performed by the staff at the Skinspa. They are very knowledgeable and the Technician who worked with me had actually had the procedure done herself -- which I found helpful because she could answer specific questions and knew exactly what to tell me to expect.

I'm 5 weeks post-Coolsculpting now and am extremely pleased with my results so far. I've lost 2.5 inches in my abdomen already! The numbness lasted about 2 weeks with some residual "tingling" lasting almost 3 weeks, but it really was altogether a painless experience for me.

I plan on waiting to post my results pictures until the recommended 4 months have elapsed, but with the what I've already lost, I can said with certainty that I am 100% satisfied!
Was the cost of the procedure for one visit and was it done by the doctor or staff in the Skinspa
Plastic Surgery Associates of Montgomery, AL

I would not even remotely consider having this done in any setting other than a physician's office -- and am glad I chose a plastic surgery group where the doctors are experienced and adept at making the right determinations for the proper treatment on a patient-by-patient basis.