Lower Body Lift, Arm Lift, Long Thigh Lift--MAGIC! - Monterrey, MX

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr....

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sauceda and his team. I was very impressed with his wealth of experience in working with massive weight loss patients, especially. He was professional, knowledgeable, friendly and personable. Looking at it with a nurse's eye, the surgical care was excellent. The post-surgical follow-up was likewise above reproach, and I felt that every member of the team really listened to my questions and concerns, and made sure I got the information and care that I needed. I would recommend Dr. Sauceda to any patient seeking plastic surgery, and would definitely seek his services in the future!

had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in 2007...

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Thanks so much for your post! I'm looking into using Dr S for my plastics, post massive weightloss. Did you travel alone to MX? And any pictures you could share of your scars? Thank you and you look amazing!
Congratulations on your weight loss, you look amazing! What type of WLS did you have? I've had the sleeve.

How did you find your Body Lift surgery and recovery? How long was your recovery?
I had the Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in 2007. At the time, my institution was not offering the vertical sleeve gastrectomy, which I probably would have chosen since the sphincters remain intact and there is no need for a stoma. However, I am very happy with the results of my surgery. The body lift, arm and thigh lift surgeries and recovery went very well! My recovery lasted 6 weeks, and I wore my post-surgical garments religiously during that time. After 6 weeks, I wore the garment only during exercise or my work shift (lots of bending and lifting), until 12 weeks out from surgery. I had no problems with seroma, but a few weeks after surgery I did develop a small infection in the left thigh, which resolved with oral antibiotics. My guess is that I probably contaminated the incision somehow when I got home. :( Totally not related to the surgeon at all--just one of those random things that happen in life!
Thanks for the extra info. Glad your recovery went well. Infections do happen but it sounds like you caught it early and it was dealt with quickly.

You're right, the bypass was the surgery to have back then, but it's obviously served you well. You look great in your before/after photo!