Having Surgery out of the Country - Monterrey, MX

Its been 7 months since i went to Monterrey, Mex...

Its been 7 months since i went to Monterrey, Mex for a tummy tuck and arm lift. This is my take on the whole experience and if i would do it again? First let me say the Dr. did a great job and I'm pretty happy with the results for the most part. It is also somewhat scary being in another country that you don't speak the same language but you can make due. Anyway here are some very important things to consider. Its very stressful being back in the states without a Dr. to look after you and to make sure everything is going well during your recovery. It takes months heal and your on your own, that's scary. If you need a touch up or are unhappy and want the doctor to correct something, you would have to fly all the way back (more money). I had to come back with my drains and i was lucky that my personal doctor took out my drains but he was not happy about it. Travel after surgery is rough for sure. The cost adds up. Hotel 10 days, food 10 days, garments they will supply one you the other, flight and time off. Then you come back if something goes wrong no plastic surgeon wants to mess with another's work, so you go to your own doctor or emergency room. (more money) all in all the expense is not much less in the end. Would i do it again? I don't think so. I only saved about $2000 in the end and would love to be able to have a touch up but that's not gonna happen. Hope you take all ive said into consideration and this helps with your decision.
I gotta give you credit for traveling outside of the States for your surgery, and even more credit for doing it in Mexico. Not exactly a safe place to be in these days. I'm sure there is a PS around you that would help you if you needed it for touch ups, problems, etc. :) Good luck on your healing journey!
Thanks, I was in Monterrey which is a little well to do area felt pretty safe and had someone with me when I went out. But prefer to be stress free when it comes to surgery. It's a major ordeal. I will definitely look someone up for my touch ups. Thanks for the comments.
I agree. I just feel more comfortable knowing my dr. is near.
Ready 4 Change

Dr. Alejandro Lopez Cardenez is an excellent Surgeon he does great work and is a very caring person. Dr. Heriberto Lozano is the best anesthesiologist and a great guy, i literally was pain free after surgery. I would let them work on me anytime. The staff is great and take good care of you.