Cool Laser/lipo Was Horrible for Me - Monterey, CA

Read about it and it sounded like a good idea for...

Read about it and it sounded like a good idea for my 61 year old slightly-lumpy back. Thought that if it went well, might do front in the future.

Had a zillion shots of lidocaine and each wore off in a few moments. Procedure was HORRIBLE pain that lasted for an hour. Have been in pain since, now 6 weeks, diminishing little by little and my back looks a little better. Just a little.

I would never do this again. I am no baby and have been told always that I have a high pain tolerance, but this was a tooth-grinding, awful experience.

When I phoned the doctor to say I was in terrible pain, his cell phone gave me a message that was about a hotel safe!!!!!!!!!! I finally went to my regular dermatologist because I couldn't get in touch with lipo doctor. When I told lipo doctor what had happened (6 times I got this weird recording) he blamed me for not leaving a message for him after the hotel safe recording. Would you? Why would I be in terrible pain for the procedure? He said maybe he should have driven me home. Maybe he should have used valium, too. Maybe I should have had a better quality of lidocaine. Was it expired, do you think??

Maybe my generation needs to re-visit the concept of aging gracefully. Although I will probably insist on having my hair colored and styled until my dying day, some things we can do in the hopes of looking younger just perpetuate the illusion to our own detriment. Probably better to just study yoga and not be stiff as a board than to suck out the fat and be flat as a board! LOL. Thanks for caring!
Thank you, Sharon. Now 8 weeks after the procedure, still have dark red scars that family doctor says will fade, but not disappear. Lumps are much smaller, but at what a physical cost! Not worth it. Still have some pain in areas near what was my waist in younger days.

I'm glad you're at least doing better. So sorry it wasn't worth it, though. :(

Oh my, what an ordeal! I'm so sorry to hear what you went through. How are you doing now?