49 Year Old with Petite Body and Belly, Liposuction - Montclair, NJ

Going in for surgery this afternoon. 49 years...

Going in for surgery this afternoon. 49 years old, petite frame 4'10" In my 20s I was 85lbs, 30s was 95lbs but into 40s gained a lot more up to 119 now but the belly has always been my bad spot but has gotten crazy in my 40s. My middle is way out of proportion to rest of my body. My legs and boobs look good for my age but it's really hard to hide my belly in clothes anymore. I have realistic expectations so not looking for perfection to wear a bikini, just to look and feel better in clothes by losing some of the belly fat.

I'll post follow ups as I recover as well as some pictures.

Day 1 Update

Surgery went well yesterday. Dr. Rosen and his team are the best! I've had trouble in the past with nausea after surgery from the anesthesia. This time thanks to all the hard work and preparations no nausea this time - so thankful! Pain has been totally controlled so far with pain meds. Really surprised how little pain I have even getting up out of recliner and walking around the house. First night had some oozing they said is normal. Swelling and lots of bruising but still wearing the post surgery binder. Very happy with surgery and early recovery.

Before front picture

Posting a before front picture

Day 4 Update

Tons of bruising over last few day. Dark bruising all over my bikini area, sides and a little bit into thighs. Pain and soreness started up after the first day but still manageable. Only really hurts some getting in and out of recliner but no pain at rest. Walking is fine too. Been in the Marena compression garment for a couple of days now. Been using a tee shirt between my skin and the compression garment.

Day 11 Update

Week and a half and all still going well. Doctor said everything is normal. Still swollen but bruising is starting to fade some. Still a long way to go but can see some results, I don't have the pouch of fat hanging under by belly. Doctor said he got 1.5 liters out of me. I took before measurements in several spots around waist and belly. Anxious to see difference in a few months and see how clothes fit better this spring. Posting a couple of post-op day 11 pictures.

Another day 11 pic

Forgot to post the other side

4 month update

4 month update. Very happy with results. Clothes fit so much better, I don't have to hide a pregnant looking belly anymore. Because I'm so petite I tend to wear younger women clothes, juniors sizes always look cute on me and now everything fits me because I'm much more proportionate.

It's a little but bumpy but it's ok it's for my age, just wanted clothes to fit. They had some extra treatments for the bumps but so far I've declined. Wasn't looking to wear a bikini at my age but very happy I can now wear a cute tankini peplum too which looks great on my figure.

Body measurements before and after. Lost an average of 3"
Under boobs - was 33", now 30.5"
Waist - was 36", now 32.5"
Across belly button - was 41", now 38"
Below belly button - was 41", now 38"

That's about it from me on updates. Always willing to ask questions. It was definitely worth it.
Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Rosen and his team are the best! Everyone worked hard making sure I didn't get sick after surgery which I have in the past. My highest recommendation.