24 Hours Post Treatment - Montana

I had a large blotch of pigmentation on one side...

I had a large blotch of pigmentation on one side of my face that looked like an extended side burn. I forgot to use numbing cream prior to my appointment. I would estimate that each pulse of the laser hurt about 1/2 as much as getting an ear pierced, which was not insubstantial. I got about 10 pulses on each cheek and a few on the neck, nose and forehead. An esthetician performed the procedure. She told me that heat was my friend. After a couple hours the heat or burning sensation went away. Later that evening it appeared that the brown pigment coloration had risen to the surface of my skin like oil on water. Indeed, I believe the pigment itself had been superheated by the laser and caused small, barely perceptible blisters. Running the back of a fingernail over a small treated area seemed to pop these blisters and the brown pigment coloration ran out with the fluid! I am amazed. I never wore my hair up because my face looked dirty from the pigmentation. Am looking forward to a new hairstyle. Of course one must protect the investment and wear face cream with UVA/UVB sun protection factor, widebrimmed hat, etc.

Hi Montanagal,

Thanks for the review. It's good that even though you forgot the numbing cream the procedure was tolerable. Reminding the community about sunscreen after is great. Is this something you will continue to do in the future? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,