40 Years Old Had One Child. Monroe, LA

So i read about a pannicutomy on this site , made...

so i read about a pannicutomy on this site , made appt . with doctor on 8-8-14 and got approved through my insurance on 8-22-14 so I took the step to get the ball rolling im .scared of the pain... was told I will be coming home with a wound vac., im not paying extra to keep my belly button,if anyone else has had to come home with a wound vac , could you please tell me about it..thanks

9 days an counting

almost here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

frday 12th is the day !!!!!!

did it

ok well I had my surgery yesterday !!!!!! I felt great it looks awesome im so happy right now,

new belly it is swollen some

Congrats happy healing, looking great.
You look amazing did you just get a pannilectomy or a tt What a difference from the front Wow
thank you I just got a pan. no tt but my ps was awesome im so happy with it
U look good, congrats n happy healing
Awesome! How are you feeling? I hope you're doing well and recovery is coming along well.
im feeling great home health will come change wound vac tomorrow .mine was out pactient . I looks awesome . going to post some pics in a few.
Congrats can't wait to see the pics
I'm so happy for you. Glad you are happy and feeling well
Happy healing!
Wishing you all the best and speedy recovery
I am having the belly button removed and embracing the change! Not everybody can say they don't have one! LOL. I was informed that, especially with the larger pannus, to relocate and save it could make healing more difficult.
I don't have a belly button - lost in when I had emergency hernia surgery. Good luck with your surgery.
having another question im going to have to climb some stairs when I get home will tht be bad? has anyone had to do that after there surgrey???
I had to climb stairs the evening I came home from surgery. It's not easy but doable. Just hold on to the handrail and lean into it to help you up each step and just go slowly.
Thank you for this insight I am scheduled for 9/17/14 and i know that when I come home I will have to go up 3 flights.
honestly I only had 5 stairs to climb but it was fine!!! I came home after being n recovery so I was still medicated lol
If you look on my page, the pic where I'm laying in bed. The purple bandage is a sponge that is tapped down over the incision. You won't see your incision until the wound vac is removed.
Hello walker73, I had a BR and Panni on 8/12/2014 and I came home with 3 wound vacs 1 on my stomach and 1 on each breast, they were not painful to have on more a nuisance to have and when they removed them it was not painful to me at all.
Hello. I had a panniculectomy on 8/6/14. I woke up with a wound vac. Had no idea what it was until the nurse told me what the machine does. It doesn't hurt at all to have it on. It's a lil noisy and has an electrical cord that attached to the vac. It has a battery and needs to be charged. They give you a lil carry case so you can move around with it. I liked the vac. I had some pain with it on but with the negitive pressure on the incision site it kept everything supported, I was feeling good. PO day 8 I had it removed that's when I started to swell. I believe the pain I experienced day 8,9,10 PO was worse that PO 1 through 7. My PS didn't provide a binder or compression garmet, he said stop at a drug store on your way home and get one. Well, they don't sell them so I had the hour + ride home without any compression. I was praying for strength by the time I got home. I think my pain was from the swelling. I almost doubled the size of my stomach by the time I got home. I have talked to a few other women that have had the vac and I was the one with the most pain after the removal. Leads me to think it was the swelling. It heals you from the inside out. Great piece if medical technology! I have has some problems with my incision since it was removed but only surface splitting due to the horrible swelling. I had no drains when I woke up either. I will be 4 weeks PO this coming Wednesday. I had to be put on an antibiotic because of the opening in my incision, due to swelling. I had a large pannus. Check out my page. I haven't updated in awhile.
my insurance want approve to keep my bbutton, thinking about asking how much to get him to save it. where was the wound vac at ? how could you wear a binder with it ? ive read its good to wear the binder to keep swellen down but was wonfering how to do tht with vac on there did home health come and change out your wound vac?
I don't think you have to wear a binder with the vac. I didn't. Not til it was removed. Nope, no home health nurse was needed. The wound vac doesn't drain anything from your incision. It just keeps the negitive pressure on the incision so you heal from the inside out. It's not like having a wound vac on an infected wound, in those cases there will be drainage and the dressings would have to be changed. I will assume you will have the vac on until your first PO visit. That is when your Doc will remove it. I've heard of a few ladies that only had it on for 3 days or so. I had mine for 8 days. You should make a list of questions for your PS I'm sure he can give you more info that just my 8 day experience with it. Good luck and congrats on your upcoming journey. If you have any other questions just ask there are lots of great women on here that can add insight. Huggs....
My PS removed the vacs on the 6th day n that's when he gave me the binder to wear. No I didn't have a home health care nurse because my bandages was taped down with the wound vacs n wasn't removed until the 6th day. My insurance approved my bbutton but I was told it cost about $1,000.00 out of pocket to keep it. If my insurance didn't approve it I was gonna get a tattooed navel
I was told the cost to keep bb was $1,000.00 look at my pictures n you'll see my wound vacs they are purple