Mommy Make over May 13th! OKC

I am a 26 year old mother of 3 girls. The damage...

I am a 26 year old mother of 3 girls. The damage to my body was pretty much done with my first pregnancy, I was 17 5'4 and 110lbs, when I delivered I weighed 172lbs. WOW! The stretch marks and extra skin have been there ever since. My stomach pretty much looks like that of an 80year old woman. No offense to the 80 year old women out there! I run 3 miles a day and weight train for an hour afterwards. It is frustrating not ever seeing results on my stomach! I am tired of living behind my insecurities! My procedure is scheduled for May 13th, I am getting a tummy tuck, lift, and augmentation. The procedure is scheduled to be 6 hours.. Scarey huh?? I am scared to death! I hate it, I want to be excited. But I have probabley over researched the risks and have myself scared out of my whits! I really dont wanna die!! My doctor comes highly recommended from a few women that I know. doc is board certified along with the surgery center and the anesthesiologist! I also made sure he had no cases against his medical file! I am hoping for a little input and maybe support from you guys. Letting me know how you felt pre-operation! Cant wait to hear from you guys!! I will post photos soon!!

06/09/10-Tomorrow will be four weeks post op. I am...

06/09/10-Tomorrow will be four weeks post op. I am feeling great and happily along the trail to that Bikini Body! I had really hoped that I would be there come four weeks, but the swelling is hanging in a little longer than I had hoped for. I visited the doc yesterday and he is very pleased with the outcome. I had no complications with the procedure or recovery what so ever. I will say that the first few days were definitley a challenge, but nothing that one cant handle. I was not ever challenged with pain, but challenged with the immobility and lack of sleep. I was having trouble sleeping in the recliner, which was my best friend that loved to hate. I couldnt of done it without the recliner! I definitley recommend anyone having this procedure to spring for a recliner. Because being able to adjust my positions were a breeze. I was a little intimidated by the incision, but it healed up great. And the scar is nice and then. By doctor used internal sutures and dermabond. So I was able to shower the very next day after my procedure, I took very long showers daily, because it was after that shower that I felt my very best!! I was standing fully upright about 1.5 weeks, and back to work at two weeks. My energy level was a little off, but every day got better. I actually managed to make it to out memorial weekend camping trip, no swimming ofcourse. And could not of done it without the camper!! But I still had a great time, I did all of the cooking, seeings how i could not wakeboard and ski, or well anything really LOL!! I would recommend this procedure, just have to keep a positive attitude and make sure to do the research so that you know what to expect and how to best take care of yourself. I am going to post picures tomorrow now that I have figured out how to edit my page! Of and btw, I would also recommend a chair back massager, that thing saved my life!! And you may as well get the augmentation with the mommy makeover, because I was so focused on the tummy tuck that I never felt any pain from the augmentation! It was kinda like a BONUS!

Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

Dr. B is Great. Super guy, very attentive!

Hey Bird. I don't mean to bug you I'm just totally having a freak out moment again. I think its cause Its that time aunt flow visited and I'm overly emotional! Shoot me an email or comment if you can.
Oops those weren't yours they were advertisements...lol.
I'm sorry I just realized you posted pics I'm about to look!!!
Hello!, I have a tummy tuck scheduled in September with Dr. Brou! I am doing exactly what you did reading on the risks and possibly overhyping the complications that could possibly occur. I just would like an update from you! And a few comments on the Dr. I really like him at our consultation and his staff has been more than excellent! If you get a chance can you also post pics?
I need to post pics, I keep saying that I am going to. But I have yet to remember to do so. Dr. Brou was great! He is very detail oriented and stays on top of your recovery treatment. I read many stories about women having the procedure and not being able to follow up with their doctor when they were having complications. Dr. Brou's nurses would call and check on me, on top of the many follow up visits and he gives you his cell phone number if you need to reach him. I did not have any complications what so ever, and I am very happy with the results. I am a very detail oriented person, if you can make me happy, lol you can make anyone happy. On top of the fact that I was scared to death! And he totally was there for me, he called me personally twice to comfort me and educate me on his method for the proceudre. I know several women who have gotten procedures from him. He came highly recommeded and I think he is very educated and talented. I also think he stays on top of the latest and most effective way to do things. He uses dermabond instead of sutures, I thought that was great because you can shower as often as you like. If you would like to talk shoot me an email, you can even call me. I know I really needed support when I was going through this!
Thank you for sharing your story. I am researching a "mommy makeover" and will probably go for the procedures. I have seen horrible recovery stories but your situation sounds similar to mine with 3 kids and I am 27. Sounds as if the first two weeks will be the hardest part of the recovery. Congrats on your surgery and good luck in your continuing recovery!
I am now 13 days post-op. And feeling great. I am actually back to work today. Been standing completely upright for 3 days now. Today is the first day that my energy level is feeling normal again. I have been so exhausted, but I think that lack of sleep played a great role in that. I am out of the recliner now and back in my bed.YEYAH!! I think that nights were the hardest part of recovery for me, I could not sleep at all!! The first few days were challenging and not because of the pain, it was tolerable. But being so immobile was really hard for me to tolerate. I am going to take pictures tonight, I will post them tomorrow! Thanks guys for all of your support! And by the way Dr. B is GREAT!!!
I hope everything went as planned. Keep us updated on your recovery.
how r u doing? i hope things went well. i'd like to know your experience.
Today is the big day! I'm hoping all goes smoothly and that your recovery is comfortable. Sounds like your surgeon has lots of experience and that you're in good hands. Please keep us posted. We'll be waiting to hear how it went...
You will do fine. I was scared to death too. Just remember as soon as they put you out you are waking up. Just stay on top of your meds.