I Have a LOVE-HATE Relationship with my Lap Band - Modesto, CA

I had difficulties directly following surgery...

I had difficulties directly following surgery caused by an infection to my incisions. I also had difficulties finding restriction. I love the fact that a band can be filled and unfilled, however it is very important to be sure what you have in your band at all times.

I frequently got sick with the band and had it "emptied" so I thought. After I changed insurances I had to change bariatric centers. On my fist visit to my new bariatric Dr. I found that my band that I was told had 4 cc's in it actually had over 7.5 cc's in it. Explaining why I have had such a hard time.

I have lost over 80 pounds since I have been banded, became a fitness instructor and am on a mission now to help children fight obesity NOW! - before they have to take such extreme measures.
Dr. Antonio Coirin

Dr Antonio Coirin was very informative, however I did not see him very often in my after care. I often had fills done by his practitioners on staff which is why I feel there was issues about 'how much fluid i actually had in my band' There was rarely a wait and the office staff was amazing! hmm... actually they probably knew me better than my surgeon now that i think of it.