I Have a LOVE-HATE Relationship with my Lap Band - Modesto, CA

I had difficulties directly following surgery...

I had difficulties directly following surgery caused by an infection to my incisions. I also had difficulties finding restriction. I love the fact that a band can be filled and unfilled, however it is very important to be sure what you have in your band at all times.

I frequently got sick with the band and had it "emptied" so I thought. After I changed insurances I had to change bariatric centers. On my fist visit to my new bariatric Dr. I found that my band that I was told had 4 cc's in it actually had over 7.5 cc's in it. Explaining why I have had such a hard time.

I have lost over 80 pounds since I have been banded, became a fitness instructor and am on a mission now to help children fight obesity NOW! - before they have to take such extreme measures.

Welcome Renee, Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

You look awesome! You've definitely worked hard for your outcome and it shows. Congratulations on losing the weight and more importantly, maintaining the weight loss, which can be the hardest part.

It's awesome that you're using your experience to help kids who are on the same path as you, me and so many others were!

Thank you for your transparency! How do you know exactly how many CC's you have/ should have did your practioners use a Machine or was it touch to feel?
My new bariatric dr removed all the fluid from my band on my very first visit to show me that my previous Dr's notes were incorrect.
Dr. Antonio Coirin

Dr Antonio Coirin was very informative, however I did not see him very often in my after care. I often had fills done by his practitioners on staff which is why I feel there was issues about 'how much fluid i actually had in my band' There was rarely a wait and the office staff was amazing! hmm... actually they probably knew me better than my surgeon now that i think of it.