Tummy Tuck W/ Lipo May 13, 2010 -- Make Sure You Have Help First 48 Hours

Surgery was 5 days ago, I still have to sleep in...

Surgery was 5 days ago, I still have to sleep in the recliner. I ache all over. Major bruising from armpits to tops of thighs. Moving, changing clothing, sitting on the toilet is very painful. Thankful for the crotchless girdle. Wished I had rented a hospital bed and a lift chair.

My D.H. has been wonderful. He did not sign on for all this, did not want me to do it, but he has been so helpful. I am not sure what I would have done if I did not have help that first 48 hours. He was emptying drains, giving me pain meds, helping me to the bathroom every 3 hours round the clock. Still unable to stand straight and still in more pain than what I thought I would be. Hopefully in the next couple of days, I will round the corner.

Updated on June 1, 2010:

19 days post op. First 48 hours make sure you have help around the clock. Make sure you have a crotchless compression garment for post surgery to decrease the amount of pulling and tugging when going to the bathroom. Buy a second garment so you can alternate them, you will be wearing these 24/7 for minimum of 6 weeks. You and your recliner will become very close the first 7-10 days, you will live there, make it comfortable. The first 10 days I was having second thoughts about the surgery, but now am glad I did it. I love how my clothing is fitting (even with the swelling that is still present), and no rolls when I am sitting. My stats 5'7, pre-op 192#, post-op 185#.

Mobile Plastic Surgeon

Dr and his staff very informative, pleasant, reassuring. No complications from surgery. Pain adequately controlled.