Mixed Results

I had a series of 4 fraxile treatments in early...

I had a series of 4 fraxile treatments in early 2007. I had it done to soften wrinkles above my lip-line and the verticle lines along the sides of my mouth. I was told the results could take up to six months (so I don't "get" the ladies here who says "after a few days I could tell the difference"). Anyway, I did get some change. The lip lines were softer - not gone. The fold on the right side of my face softened too. But on the left side the fraxile actually "plumped" the area on either side of the crease, making the crease itself look deeper yet. Even the doc agreed. About six months later, while I was in for the botox shot, the doc told me the procedure had gotten better, and suggested that I try two more treatments to see if I couldn't get somewhat better results. I agreed - and it was different. It gave me a red fu manchu mustache for three weeks! I've had one of the two, and won't know for awhile whether it works better.

The hyperpigmentation is an indicator of severe damage under your skin it will not go away with more treatment and only gets worse.... See my pics GET YOUR MONEY BACK Doctors are selling this because of the profit margins until we start asking for our money back they will keep offering it.... This laser is dangerous and disfiguring I get emails everyday from women who are scarred and disfigured...
Hi again, just looked at the article on kate silverton. I think it's disgusting the way we have been treated - once all the money is taken - aftercare!!
i had a fraxel treatment 5 weeks ago and also found it swelled up on either side of the crease on the left side of my mouth became more emphasised. Did it eventually reduce for you?
This treatment should not be used on people with darker complexion,inf act they don't tell u that and FRAXEL laser is a waste of money it left my skin which was pretty good to begin with a mess.. I have a darker complexion it left pigmentation pimples that i never suffered from and its 6 months later and my skin is horrid. Its true what the say be happy with what u have!! FRAXEL laser is rubbish!!!
Hi I know what you are going through. The fraxel left me with post inflammatory hyperpigmentation all over my face I am 12 months post procedure and have not seen any improvement. Hydroquinone does not work. As far i am concerned this laser should be banned! Read the reviews one in two women are unhappy with the results and suffering from adverse results, what is going on as far as I am concerned this is nothing short of criminal beahviour!
Hi I am 9 months down the line and still get soreness skin now and then. My face is not the same and i wish that i had never heard of fraxel. I do hope things get better for you. Im still waiting
I am 12months post fraxel repair, and my face is sore everyday it feels like a prickling sensation all the time. I cant even stand moisturiser on my face.
I've had 3 treatments thus far with a Reliant Fraxel at a cost of $1100 per treatment and I see perhaps a 5% improvement - comparable with the improvement level I see following an ultrasonic facial and microdermabrasion. My first treatment was in early February and I had very realistic expectations, having gone to the same plastic surgeon for ten yearss - but I must say I am totally disappointed thus far. In terms of pain - it was tolerable following the application of Xylocaine. The procedure was performed by a PA. I had very little swelling and redness following the first procedure but a severe reaction to the second, including swelling, puffiness, pustules and excessive peeling and flaking which lasted for several weeks. Also of concern is darkened pigmenation on my cheeks - which was not an issue prior to the Fraxel and dark circles under my eyes which made me look old and tired for several weeks. The lines in my forehead seemed more pronouced following the third procedures, but the dark circles seemed to be resolving. I looked so much worse after the third treatment that I went in for Botox. The explanation the PA gave me for the dark pigmentation was that the nature of Fraxel could cause "junk" (the actual term he used) to come to the surface but that it would slough off as the new skin was regenerated from the collagen. All and all, I trust my Plastic Surgeon - but at this point - for the price (nearly $4500 all in - not including the Botox) I wish I had saved my money and gotten a chemical peel and Juvederm. Granted, he did say it would take 90 days to "start seeing results' but I would not recommend Fraxel at this point.