A little worried About Otoplasty Results with inner conchal bowl swelling.

Approaching two week recovery timeframe and have...

Approaching two week recovery timeframe and have weird protrusions in conchal bowls of each ear. My doctor said it was swelling when I went in for my 5 day checkup. I originally believed it was swelling but now that I am not too sore to touch it, the area feels hard like cartilage. It looks like i have hearing aids in or just disfigured inner ears. Is this unusual? Will I need another surgery? I love everything else about my ears now except this is a huge disappointment and I went from being self conscious about my ears sticking out to now feeling self conscious about these large protrusions in my inner ears. I am trying to understand if this is usual, a normal complication that I wasn't aware of, etc.

Today my swelling drastically decreased in both...

Today my swelling drastically decreased in both ears to my amazement and excitement, so just a little more to go. The color in my ears is really starting to return to normal which makes my ears look so much better too! I'm getting less nervous by the minute!!!!

I am now 6 weeks out and I couldn't be happier....

I am now 6 weeks out and I couldn't be happier. All my stress and hours upon hours of looking online was a complete waste of time and energy and I should have listened to my surgeon. I'm so happy with the result now and I'm actually sitting here typing this with my hair pulled back in a tight ponytail, which was not something I did EVER! The innner part of my ears that I was so worried about really did go down and it looks normal now. My doc did a great job with my earlopes too. He talked me out of actually reducing the lobes and instead he was able to pull them back a bit (sorry I don't know the terminology) with bringing my incision down just a little further and it worked perfectly , it looks great, and I'm without any scars from actually having to cut on my lobes. I really loved my surgeon and his staff and I would highly recommed him to ANYONE! I will try and add more photos soon but I just can't right at the moment but even though it is hard to image based on the pics I uploaded my ears really do look great!

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

This rating is not an exaggeration at all. I spent a ton of time in his office with Dr. Nayak or his staff and not only did I feel they gave me the best medical care but they are a fun office too, so it was actually enjoyable to go into the office. Everyone there gets excited to see the patients when they come back in and you can just tell they truly care about their clientele. If I had questions or concerns those were always answered and I wasn't rushed at any time in this process. I have never waited longer than 2 mins when I go in for a visit to get into a room and at least start talking to a staff member and the doctor is usually in there within 5 mins or less. They do a great job managing that b/c I know how much time he spent on me.

Thank you for posting your review, and the description of you healing process. It is a valuable story. I'm glad the results and care met your expectations. As for my staff and I being excited to see you, we really do enjoy seeing our patients back - we love what we do.
i have same problem. now its all most 4 weeks" what should i do ?
hi - do you have new pictures? would love to see what they look like now! i have asymmetrical ears and have always wanted 1 pinned back. any weirdness with hearing or recovery?

Hi there, thanks for the update, I'm glad everything has worked out for you. It's natural to get a little stressed and scared, but I'm so glad it's all sorted for you now.

Glad to hear your ears are improving! Sometimes all it takes is time (as hard as it is to wait :). Please keep us posted and thanks for sharing your story so far.