53 and Time for a Change - Missoula, MT

At 53 the reality of sun damage in my youth was...

At 53 the reality of sun damage in my youth was quite apparent. I grew up in the era of baby oil and tanning blankets. Foolish, yes; but we didn't know better then. I opted to have a micro laser peel and profractional treatment done by the nurse esthetician who works for the PS who removed my breast implants. She is very experienced and I trusted her completely. The procedure was done at 20 microns. I expected to feel numb after the so called "numbing cream" was applied. Wrong! It was much more painful than I anticipated. The whole procedure took about an hour and thank goodness for Valium! I left the clinic feeling like I was on fire but that sensation subsided in about 45 minutes. I took the second Valium and a pain pill last night to promote sleep on my super-propped up pillows. I slept great with no issues. I showered this morning--ouch!--but feel much better now. I'm washing with Societe Pure Everyday Cleanser and applying Elta MD Post Procedure Balm. I am hopeful and optimistic at this point. I have some fairly deep wrinkles so no miracles expected but I think the lines around my mouth will be reduced and my skin feels tighter. I'm hoping the brown spots will diminish over time. I am grateful to everyone on this site who offers insight and support. I hope my post will help someone considering this treatment.

53 and Sun Damaged

I'm sleeping propped up and took Tylenol today for a headache that won't seem to go away. I had Valium before the treatment...thank heavens! I'm hoping for good results. Too early to tell. Itching has started

2 days post tx

I'm feeling pretty good today. Most noticeable is some itching. I am doubtful the lines around my mouth will be much improved but I can already tell my eye area and cheeks will be better. I'm still incredibly red. The brown spots/freckles appear much worse. I'm hoping this is part of the process and that will diminish. I have to be at a volleyball tournament on Sat and I can't even imagine I'll be ready to meet the public by then!

Day 4

I feel itchy but the redness has decreased. It hasn't done much for wrinkles around my mouth but the brown spots and texture of my skin is much improved already. So far so good. I just wish it had helped my upper lip area :( Oh well.. I'm still puffy around my eyes and nose but today is a major turning point. It's all good!
Missoula Plastic Surgeon

Laura Conway is wonderful A nurse esthetician, she is professional, warm and caring. She answered all my questions and called the next morning to check in. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her. She works with Dr. Hardy who is a top notch cosmetic surgeon. What a great team!