Getting my BODY Back - Mississippi, MS

Hello to all. First off I have been looking around...

Hello to all. First off I have been looking around on everyones page sending people messages leaving comments and now i'm finally to create my own RealSelf Review.
So about Me I am currently 28 years old a mother of Four all boys ages 2, 5, 7, and 9
I am married to a wonderful husband who think me wanting this surgery is crazy but I want my body back, the one before the kids you Know. I have been going back and forward about this entire process for quite sometime and now i have decided i'm just going to do it. I have went through the whole.. it to much money to spend on myself, i'm being selfish Phase like i know a lot of you also have. I've thought man what can I do with this money, how many bills can i pay. Then I think this is a once in a lifetime sacrifice I deserve to do something nice for me once in a while. I'll go back to taking care of all and everything else after all this is done.
The process: I firsted considered several doctors in my local area and found the prices for the procedures very expensive. Yet my hubby was very concerned about me leaving the country. After much reviewing and researching I finally convince him to agree and support me going to the Dominican Republic. So no im looking for Dr.'s

Got a few quotes

So I have gotten a quotes from Dr. Robles and Dr. Baez I also receive a reply from Dr. Yily requesting more info and pic. The quotes that I received are as followed:
Hello

Thank you for thinking of me for an evaluation of plastic surgery, for realization of all the surgeries you requested the most important thing is that you must be healthy and the cardiologist must approve that we can perform all procedures. Price for the surgeries that you are requesting, tummy tuck, liposculture to abdomen, waist, back, flanks plus Brazilian butt lift (including hips) is US$ 3700 dollars, if you add breast lift is 4600 dollars, which includes:

-Airport pick up

-evaluation by plastic surgeon
-Chest X-ray
-EKG
-Cardiovascular evaluation
- Laboratory exams
-Anesthesia
-Surgeries
-Overnight stay in the clinic
-First compressive garment
-Free of charge follow ups

-Medication post-surgery (antibiotics and analgesics)
- Lymphatic drain massages and ultrasound massages are not included , cost is 300 dollars extra

You must be less than 180 pounds or around that in order to have surgery and diminish risk of complications. Dates from May and summer time will be schedule at the end of the year. If you have any clinical condition you must obtain clearance from your doctor, if you smoke you must quit two months before surgery and have clearance of your pulmonologist. The amount of fat transfer to your buttocks depends on how many cc can be extracted with liposuction. Your results also depend on your hemoglobin level if you want to get excellent results you really have to be healthy and no anemia. I recommend you to begin taking vitamins (C and B complex, folic acid, iron) and please ask your primary can doctor to take some blood test like glycaemia, full blood cell count and creatinine at least to know if you can have all surgeries done.

Important info:

Your date for surgery is important because I work from Monday to Friday. I just have one patient per day (I also have to go to a public hospital to perform reconstructive surgeries) and days available for surgery are Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, you also have to arrive one day before surgery to be evaluated and have lab work done, if you are arriving early is better for you because lab test can be done from 8.00 am to 6.00 pm.

Medication included in you package are antibiotics, analgesics and gastric protection medication, all drugs provided are given to take by mouth, but you will have to buy Enoxaparin, water pill and creams for bruises and any other medication not previously included, medicines aren’t expensive here so you will spend less than 150 dollars. Massages are not included. You should bring compression socks to wear them after surgery. Your compressive garment included is a Fajate or VOE’s brand item if you want one more garment it cost 120-150 dollars.

I work with a team, my cardiologist will evaluate you and my anesthesiologist will examine you and discuss what type of anesthesia suits you right, you might have epidural block or general anesthesia. Anesthesiologist and cardiologist have the last word about how many procedures can be done safely on you.

If you are aiming to have a breast augmentation, there are several brands of breast implants but all are silicone gel cohesive, texturized implants (Silimed, Eurosilicone, and Donasis) depending on the brand you choose then your quote might be lower or higher, (Silimed is the most expensive brand as we do not have mentor implants anymore). If you have breast surgery at the same time with Brazilian Butt lift, you have to know that you could face some issues with the projection and volume of your butt after surgery as you will have to sleep over your back.

Plastic surgery is not the same as weight loss surgery; you have to be inside normal range of BMI (Body Mass Index) or just overweight to have surgery. If you smoke or use addictive drugs you must quit them, two or three months before surgery and two months after too in order to get good results and no complications. Plastic surgeries are for healthy people or those who have any clinical condition but are under control, if you have any disease you have to consult and get approval of your doctor before surgery.

We are located in Santo Domingo (capital of the country), Dominican Republic; the nearest airport is Las Americas International Airport (SDQ). I work at Instituto de Cirugia Especializada, the clinic is placed in Gazcue neighborhood (Address is Bolivar Avenue 208, suite 405, 4th floor), and it is near to hotels and colonial zone; my cellphone number is 18098908143 and office number 18096899342. If you need transportation or a recovery house, there are several in Santo Domingo areas; I don’t work with an exclusive recovery house and i don’t have a preferred one. You can hire a taxi driver at a recovery house, from my office or from yellow pages, a round trip from my office to the place you are staying it costs about 10 dollars. Recovery houses are the best place to stay as they can offer all services but some patients don’t feel fine staying there. You can hire a nurse (around 2000 Dominican pesos for her services but nurses don’t know much English and they won’t spend 24 hours with you) if you want to stay in a hotel. You will need to come to my office for follow up 2-3 times during your stay in the country. This is a link in Google maps with the location of my clinic and the second it is a link for small hotels in Santo Domingo, you can stay at other renowned hotels too.
You will have to stay in Santo Domingo from 10 -14 days depending on the surgeries you will get. You will be able to get back to your work in two weeks (average). Your follow up visits are included and you don’t have to pay more money for them, you will have to pay only if you receive any service that was not previously included.
I know some English but I can’t speak fluently, my assistant will help me in your evaluation to have a better communication.

Quote From Dr. RoblesDr. Robles Suggest the following combinations because is too much procedure one time and the risk increase, also she said if you reduces some pounds you will look more better after surgery:

Liposuction on back, waist + tummy Tuck + lipotransference US$200.00

Or

Tummy Tuck + Lipo on Waist + Breast Lift with Implants US$6200

Both packages included 12 days at the country.

She said "This is certainly a lot of surgery to be performed at on setting. I generally recommend that cosmetic surgical procedures be limited to no more than 5 - 6 hours for safety purposes. Your risks include your weight and length of the operation. I would advise dividing the operation it to two settings working on the upper body at on session and 3 - 6 months later the second stage"

* Price are in American Dollars.

* This price are guarantee for six months.

* Recovery House is optional; you also can ask for other recovery house prices or hotel.

* You can bring or buy an extra garment for an extra cost 100-150 USD.

* Non surgical guest to stay at the house: US$55 /day.

Our all-inclusive package includes:

•Personal Assistant Full Bilingual

•Pre-surgical medical examinations (Chest X-Ray, Blood test)

•Cardiologic Evaluation

•Operating Room

•Anesthesia

•Post-surgical Accessory (1 Special Garments)

•Supplies and disposable materials

•Medicines (pain medicine and antibiotics)

•Medical fees

•Two nights at the clinic

•Consultation and medical checks before and after surgery

•Physician examinations and consultations, pre and post operative

•Transportation (Between Airport-Hospital- Recovery house- medical -checkups)

•Hosting (Home Cooking)

The following are not included in the all inclusive package:

1.) Air Ticket
2.) Other transportation that is not medical.
3.) Any Additional drug.
4.) Surgeon views a hotel (You need to pay additional transportation, if you choose the hotel).

What you can use and is not included in the package

1. Iron shot

2. Blood Transfusion

3. Rosa mosqueta oil

4. Extra garment

5. Any other medicine that is not pain killers, antibiotic or vitamins.
For all the extra that is not included and you may use or need during your stay here can be cover with US$300.00
Now that you have your final quotation, please confirm if you're going to do the surgery to arrange everything and send you all the information you need to before surgery.
If you need me please feel free to contact me anytime.

And Yesss, it says 200 USD. I have asked for a revise to make sure it is correct by no responds yet ill keep you posted.

Quote correction

Ok so i got my new quote from Dr. Robles and the 200 USD is suppose to be 5200 dollars. I also went yesterday and got my passport process done. Some thats one less thing i have to do. I am waiting now to see which Dr. have dates available for Late December early January?

DiLEmma

Hello all so I am trying to first of all decide on a date to see if Dr Baez is available to Perform my procedures and I have been looking at Filghts and random dates and the prices are crazy and the layover times are so long 10, 12, 15 Hours really!!! Then on top of all this madness I maybe going by myself now. Groan.........

Choosing A Date And A Dorctor

So at this point in my life I have been looking and trying to make a decision about which Surgeon to pick and no one have had the dates I've been looking for. I was think ok ill be going it alone But now i have decided to change my dates and take additional time off work. I am off from school and work the 20th of december through the 7th but o well. My husband also think it will be a good idea to have everything done before the holidays that way i'll be back home with the family and have the extra time to heal since ill be off work.
Now for the hard part since I have decided to on which doctor. I orginialy wanted to go to Dr Baze but she was going on vacation for my original dates but. so then I got a Quote for Dr Robles whom prices were more expensive but all inclusive and she feel all three Procedures will be to much surgeries. The I got a quote for Dr Yily, and Dr Duran and also Almonte. Yes i know its a lot of quotes but I like to shop around.
Most of the prices tho were about the same for all three procedures BBl Tummy tuck and Breast lift. So no I have to decide. I am lean towards Dr. Baze although she doesn't have the exact days i want she has one pretty close and Dr Robles have the exact date i want but not willing to Preform all three procedures and it will cost more for the two.

Adding Picture

So I have muscled up the courage to add a few Before Pic of my self. Here goes nothing

Making a choice

Hello all, I have narrowed my choices down, My choices are between Dr Baze and Dr Robles. But still unsure about who to chose. On a good note I received my passport so happy about that. It came in less than 4 weeks I applied for it on the 4 and it came in 20 days. The hubby is going today to apply for his. Hopefully it will take the same amount of time. I started my vitamins last week even though I haven't officially lock in a date but I have a good idea about it tho.
Well if any one would like to weigh in on my decision process with opinions I encourage it........

Decision made

So I have decided on Dr. Baez date set for December 2. I have secured a recovery house Yasmine's. Now working on this flight seeing that the hubby will be flying back after only five days its a little harder to sync the flights.

LOOKING FOR A SX BUDDY

If any one has a date set for December 9th and need a buddy at yasmine please let me know

Not sure what to feel

Hello RS, I have booked my flight and now I have sent all my information to Baez and she hasn't really been responding to my Emails the way she was at first. I am liking for some kind of confirmation Email with all the instructions need. But haven't really gotten one. Idk, maybe I'm not asking the right questions or clear enough in my emails I've sent. I did not send a deposit because she said I didn't need to just need my flight confirmed to lock in a date. Maybe its just me being paranoid.

Time is getting closer

Hello RS the time is almost here. So some update about what's going on lately.
I decided to tell my mother about my plans and boy let me tell you she is getting on my spirit so bad. I regret even telling her. I should have stuck with my first mind and not told her but to late for that. I have gotten my CBC and other test done. Hemo at 13.5 stated at 12.5 in after one week on the iron it went up so I'm sure it is climbing. I have order and received most of my supplies. I'm just moving forward.

What Y'all Think

Today I'm feeling a little unsure about my discussion to have my procedure done. I was fine until I decided to tell other people like my Mom and my homeboy. All the bad vibes and negative is rubbing off on me. I think like what if I don't get to spend Christmas with my kids just so many thoughts going through my mind.

Whats on my mind today

Hello Realself family. First I want to say thanks to all that replied to my post on yesterday you all are the best. Now what's on my mind today. Well you all my husband had decided to travel with me right? But today he receive a letter about his passport not being approved what's that about so anyway with so few days to go I'm so down in the dumps. First the negativity now this IDK guys. Somebody halla at me tell me what you all think.

Time Winding Down

Well you all My time is almost up. Things are not falling in to place the way I would like still waiting on a few Items to come in hoping they arrive by Friday or Saturday. Happy Thanksgiving To you all......

Im Here

Well I have arrived in the DR I meet the Dr Baez and her husband to day. Jose is so nice glad he was my transport. I have to be at the clinic in the morning because I didn't get to see the cardiologist today due to the delay in flight. But if all goes well I am scheduled for tomorrow at 1. I will be praying that all goes well ill keep you all updated. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. good night RS.

This is it

Good Morning RS I am up showered and fixing to head to the clinic to see Dr Baez and the Cardiologist. If all goes well I am set. There are a few things I am concern with the first on is the fact that my C-section scar is so low I'll have to leave it and have the TT scare above it or ill have to have a T-shape TT scare. Then there is the decision to get the two vs the three procedures done tt bll and bl idk will decide when I get there today.

I MADE IT THROUGH

Hello RealSelf or should I say hola lol . but ladies I made I made it through my surgery was at 330 yesterday I finally say the cardiologist around 1230 or one then I was in my room to wait for like another hour be for seeing the anesthesiologist which he explained the process he would use in the surgery then I was dressed and waited for Dr. Baez. paid she marked me up went over some things asked if I had questions and I was on my way. The surgery took about 6 hours tummy tuck and the bbl with lipo to the back and lite lipo to the thigh. I did not get my breast done will do a round two for that. On pic yet haven't even seen myself. I'm at Yasmins now the people her are nice just like Baez and her husband. will continue to update and ad pic when I get some taken. Messages start tomorrow

Day 2 post surgery

Hey RS sleep pretty good last night I'm doing pretty good been up walking around. Had my first message and was so scared from reading other people reviews but it wasn't that bad the masseuse was gentle. The people at Yamine are so sweet. If you all are looking for a recovery house this is the place you want to be.

Picture Update

Hi RS wanted to up date some pictures for you guys sorry for the quality but its as good as it get for now.

Sleeping is a pain in the butt

It is very hard to sleep with the three procedures done. I cant lay on my tummy so im forced to lay on my back which I hate because of the fact im trying to stay off my Butt. Its really difficult I try to us my nursing pillow under my legs and pillows under my back to keep the pressure off my butt, but its not easy ill say that.

Picture update

Here are some pictues with out my fajate on. will post more

Home sweet home

I have made it home safely i will up date you all with pic in a few days. My flight back was pretty good although it took me about eight hours to get home. I experienced some stiffness. I am still experiencing some swelling in the abdomen but hoping it will go down with the proper compression.

Updates pic coming soon

Hello RS family the holidays are over and I am healing fine. The process is a slow but steady one. I am finding it harder to sleep the last couple of days its hard to get comfortable for some reason. I also find my self wanting to do more but with like lift stuff and sweep. its kind of annoying not being able to do all the things I use to. I also miss sitting in my tub lol.... Another thing is this Fajate OMG I'm sick of it for those of you who've been there you know what I mean.

Update w/ Pictures

so it has been a little over a month now I have returned back to work. I can truly say I am not 100% sleeping is still challenging, due to the fact that I have to readjust every few hours. My energy level is also really low from time to time but I account it to the lack of sleep idk. I am still dealing with some swelling in my abdomen a little concern about that.
I have pictures to up date I know and her are some.

Just a simple up date

Talked to Dr. Baez about the swelling, she said its normal said I should continue to wear my compression garment for 3 months every day all day. This is some thing I already do any way. But it seem to be getting better with time tho. It's not a lot but I notice it. I think I need a new compression garment with no legs or boy shorts. The two that I own are knee length. I've had them both taken up by the way. We'll ttyl

Random Update

Hello realself Family. I just want to stop by to give a brief update. I have stated working out lightly I haven't started full work outs yet because most moves involve the abdomen and I was told I have to wait at least three months. so that's whats new.

So I pushing myself to get in the gym a few time a week

Its been hard to get back on a work out routine. IDK y because Iove working out but I cant seem to find my flow of things. But on a good note my swelling is going down I'm having less pain in the never, and I'm loving my results. Just got to watch what I eat and work out to be sure to maintain it. I find my self craving sweets since I've been back home don't know what that is about.

before and after shot side by side/ work out update

Hello RS I went to the gym today did two workout today walked on the treadmill two miles and ran a little. worked the arms. worked out for about a hour and a half. went back this after noon after work and did Zumba and got on the elliptical for about 20 min. I want to stay in shape but I do fear losing some of my butt.

stupid computer

should have been posted together with the post above

UPDATE with photos

Hello RealSelf, things are moving along quite well bought a new faja xs it fits well. My swelling is less and less every day. I still have pain in my lower back and upper butt from time to time.

5 months since my December 2, 2013 tt bbl with Dr. Baez

Hello Real-Self I know I haven't been on the updates like I should but I've been so busy lately. but any way its been 5 months today and things are moving along well. most of the swelling is gone. I do still swell form time to time depending on how my day goes. I only wear my faja may be once a week and it just a security blanket for me now i think. I love my results for the most part. I do have some small love handles which aren't really noticeable but they drive me crazy. I will add picture soon

Pictures...

uploadin some much over due pictures

update w/pic

Hello every one I am loving my results working on my scars every day. Nee picture to post

pic update

hello RS just a quick up date. I am for the most part loving my results. I am learning not to feel so self conscious about people questions or remarks my results. The changes are noticed by all and it kinda weird IDK maybe its just me. ?

quick update

Hello Realself just a quick update. I am still loving my results I do still swell sometime in my abdominal slightly after a long day or a really tough workout. I notice bloating some times during that time of the month as well. Here's a current picture. Thanks for the love as and the support.

quick update w/ pic

Hello all doing well. Loving every bit of my results thinking about a beast lift but not sure yet. It's been almost a year and things are moving right along. Something my tummy itches and I can starch it because certain parts of it has no feeling it's annoying. ..lol but here are a few pic

Made the year mark Dec. 2.2014

Hello lady's and gents I made a year. I'm so excited here are a quick update for you guys will upload picture in a few days.... happy healing
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Baez is so sweet and really likes to take her time with her Patience. He always put your health first. I love the fact that she was there for me every step of the way from replying to my initial emails to being at my bed side after surgery. Could not ask for a better Dr.and the location is wrong its the Dominican Republic of course