Implant Rupture with Revision, Followed by Explantation of L Implant R/T Dehiscence of Incision - Mississippi, MS

I had no choice but to have implant revision...

I had no choice but to have implant revision because my breasts with old silicone implants had begub to appear malformed, left was incapsulated, and rupture was discovered during the surgery. I had complications. Developed a large hematoma in the left breast, discovered 2 weeks after surgery when my Dr. removed sutures. Two days later, my incision opened at the base and blood began to drip steadily, requiring multiple gauze dressing changes daily. I was told that this would stop; that is was just old blood that needed to drain out. 10 days later, had surgery again to place drain tube. 3 weeks later, after being re-sutured twice, implant had to be removed. The incison (left only) was not closed, and I am to pack it everyday, using wet to dry asceptic dressings. I wish I had known beforehand that the old implant had ruptured and the silicone had all leaked out. I would have chosen to wait before replacing the implants to give my tissues adequate time to heal. I'm very disappointed in the outcome and the fact that I have to yet have another surgery, and pay the cost all over again.

What an ordeal. I'm sorry for all that you've had to go through. Any idea when you'll have the next revision?

Next surgery is scheduled for sometime in Jan 2013.

I was referred by a friend who had used this physician as he specializes in breast care.