So glad the implants are gone! Adios!

Let me first start by telling you that I always...

Let me first start by telling you that I always wanted bigger boobs. I was a 34 A prior to my implant surgery. I felt so threatened by girls who would have thier nice big boobs hanging out in everyone's faces. I thought that was guys liked. When I was younger, I didn't have alot of boyfriends and I thought it was because I was small chested. I did meet my husband and marry him while I was small busted however. Implants were just something I had always thought about and wanted. So, I talked with my husband about it after I had two kids. At first he was totally against it. But I begged and pleaded and he gave in because he knew it would make me happy. So, three years ago I got the implants. Silicone implants under the muscle My first impression is that they were too big. I went from 34 A to 34 C. But I am only 5 feet tall and 100 pounds.

Then I started getting really self conscious about them. Like, I felt everyone knew they were fake and I was wearing loose clothing to cover them up. I never had any medical issues with them, but my right one bothered me from time to time. And everytime I went to the gym, I had these big round bags just hovering above my chest. Over time, I began to hate them. I could feel them when I worked out and that bothered me, and they just make me look top heavy. So, I made an appt with a doc. The first one I saw told me I just needed to replace them. yeah right. The next doc office I called and when trying to make an appt, the lady on the phone told me that I can't just have them taken out, I need replacement. She told me it wasn't a procedure they normally do. That was a red flag so I made an appt with another doc. This doc I consulted with told me that they were too big for my small frame and if I didn't want them replaced, he would take them out. He was very throrough and told me that most of his patients that wanted this surgery were in their 50-60's. I am 36. I decided to go with him.

Oh yeah, forgot to tell you that I was afraid to tell my husband,,,not knowing his reaction. But I told him, and he agreed to it. He said if they were making me miserable there was no reason in being uncomfortable. I hope he is just as understanding after the surgery. My surgery is scheduled on Feb 15. I am ready for it now, but had to schedule around work. I will post my current pics soon.

I am so glad this website is here. I look at it...

I am so glad this website is here. I look at it all the time and it reminds me that I have made the right choice. I am having surgery in 2.5 weeks and it seems so far away.

Okay , if I could just make it through this week i...

Okay , if I could just make it through this week i will be doing good. At least I am busy with work, school and kids to help the time pass. Next week will be exciting. I do get a little nervous thinking about anesthesia. And I really pray that I get decet results. What a mistake it was getting the implants.

Well, I had my surgery yesterday morning. ...

Well, I had my surgery yesterday morning. Everything went well. Got home and just took it easy. I look completely flat right now with the ace bandage wrapped around me. I took a sneak peak and lots of loose skin and wrinlkley. I started having second thoughts but I looked through some other gals pics and they look better after some time has gone by. I guess its kind of like after you have a baby and your stomach is all squishy for a few days before it firms up. I can take off the bandages tomorrow so I will snap a pic or two and let you guys see how it looks.

Oh I forgot to mention that I feel alot lighter...

Oh I forgot to mention that I feel alot lighter and better. Just a little pain where the incision is but not bad. I am just going to take it easy for few days. I hope my little boobies fluff up more as time goes by.

Okay gals, its been a week since the surgery and I...

Okay gals, its been a week since the surgery and I feel fantastic! I just took it easy all week and have done exactly as the doctor ordered. My incisions are healing, although he put more tape on them to keep for another week. My natural breasts feel so soft and nice. They are firming up each and every day. They are still sore to the touch and when I raise my arms I can feel a little discomfort but overall I am happy with the results. I guess my left breast raised up after the surgery and the implant was weighing it down, because as you can see from the picture, the incision is lowered. It wasn't like the first day after surgery. It doesn't bother me though. I love that when I walk my arms don't bang against my big fake boobs anymore and I can zip up jackets. I go back to work on Monday. I am not sure how to explain it to my coworkers. Maybe say nothing and let them think what they will I guess but its pretty noticeable that I am alot flatter.

Well, I've been back to work for three days now...

Well, I've been back to work for three days now and no one has said anything. I really didn't expect anyone to ask about it, since its not something you ask someone. I am healing okay even though my incisions are still pretty sore. Sometimes if I lift my arms too high, I feel a pull so I guess I will continue to take it easy.

Well, tomorrow will be 4 weeks since explant. ...

Well, tomorrow will be 4 weeks since explant. Every time i put my clothes on I smile. No more big, fake boobs to get in the way. A few people from work told me I looked as though I lost about ten pounds. I didn't reply, just told them I had lost a little weight. tee hee. Which was no lie, because I think those darn implants weighed about 3 pounds. Anyways, my incisions are still a little sore, and I started taking long walks. I usually work out alot but decided to take my doctors advice and am waiting until the six week mark. Until then, its nice to let my body heal and rest. If you contemplating having your implants removed, I saw go for it. I started thinking about it 6 months after I got the implants, and now everyday I realize what a good decision it was to remove them. I guess some folks just aren't meant to have them.

Hey, you look awesome! Are you still happy with your results? I am currently on the MS gulf coast and I'm looking at explanting. I am also 36 with silicone under the muscle. Do you recommend your surgeon? I would love to know whom you used!
I think you look great, good result! cant wait to have mine out.
Utterly gorgeous x
You look great.
Hi! You look fantastic! I got mine out about 10 days ago. Still wrapped up in a tight bandage for compression. Had capsulectomy on both sides and drains. I feel great too. They're small but at least no more surgeries and doctors down the line yay! Thanks for sharing your stories and pics!
Hi rightaroundcorner, Thank you so much for sharing your personal journey on your implant removal. I am going in in less than 12 hours ( 7 am tomorrow 3/15/13) and as nervous and scared as I am, i am sooo thankful that I have found this community. I will be plotting my journey for others like so many of you women on this site. I am at peace with my decision and know in my heart ( especially with the help of yours and so many others who have posted) that this is the right decision. I will pray for a quick but clean and precise surgery and cannot wait till they are 'OUT'. Please let me know how you continue to progress. Thank you again.
I pray your surgery goes well. I was nervous prior to, but felt fine afterwards. Not too much pain and fast recovery. Keep us updated.
Yes I am 4 weeks tomorrow and I could not be happier! The funny thing is- I have boobs- no they are not perky but they are also not heavy now, my arms don't bump them and they are natural!!!! I look back and I wonder why I ever got them now.
Its funny because my arms would bump by old boobs too. I love not having that feeling anymore.
Thanks for answering my question about the fluffing, now looking at your pics again mine have that similar look, very tired at the tip all slopey and I see over time that look goes away. whoo hoo! Thanks again. It really helps in this process to know you are not alone in it.
Yes, I am two weeks post op now and they look even better. Each week they seem to get firmer and less jiggly too.
Wow beautiful results!!!
I think people may just think u have lost weight, they may not realize what it is that is smaller. They will just see you smaller . That's the reaction I'm getting.
You look beautiful! People will just think you look thinner! That's been my experience! Nobody asked where my enormous jugs went. :) So do you feel it's "worth it?" or still "not sure?"
I think its worth it for sure! I have no remorse about having them removed. None. I look better, feel better and can't wait to fully heal so I can get back to working out without those implants.
awesome! enjoy your new boobs! lol
you look fantastic. Im 5 wks post and nobody has commented about the change of my size. I was secretive about them and am glad I don't have to hide my beautiful Boobs anymore :-)
You look great and from what I have read your results will continue to improve. So happy for you. I too am struggling as to what to say to people that don't know about my implants. If they ask, the truth is always best. I have hidden behind the implants for so long that I want to be totally free of them.
I must say you look amazing! Who cares what your co-workers think! What matters is how you feel, and if you feel good in your own skin, that's all that matters. I've been actually wondering too, going from D to A cup, my co-workers will probably notice it too, but I don't think they will dare to say anything. Anyway, I'm kinda curious if you get any comments on Monday. Keep us updated. Thank you for sharing! :)
yes. I will let you know if anyone asks. I don't think I would ask anyone if I noticed they were different but i am sure they will have their "thoughts" about what happened. I plan on keeping it to myself. The only two people that know about the implants and removal is my husband and best friend....and she lives out of state.
You look great!! Now you are free and happy and don't have to feel like an alien in your own body as I do! In time they will fluff out and get meaty and you won't have that slope. Wishing you a nice quick recovery!
Welcome to the light side x You look great already, onwards & upwards from here!
Wow you look great already, happy healing!!
I had mine done on the same day. I did not have drains either and it's a very easy recovery. I can drive just can't lift anything. I also feel like they are saggy- deflated looking. I also hope they fluff up. Let me know how u do. Thanks!
Mine seem to be rising up a bit but are smaller than before the surgery. However, I weigh about ten pounds less than before surgery so that might factor in as well.