Having a Mommy Makeover on April 9th with Hysterectomy

After two c-sections I have two precious daughters...

After two c-sections I have two precious daughters...

After two c-sections I have two precious daughters...one is 4 and the other is 15 months old. I am having to have a hysterectomy due to issues from tubligation, and I have been researching a mommy makeover for over a year. I figured since I had to have the hysterectomy I would take the plunge. I am nervous, but I am so excited to have my body back to somewhat normal.I will be having a tummy tuck, small breast augmentation, and liposuction of abdomen, flanks, and lower back.I will try to get some before pictures and get them posted up as soon as I can. I have been researching through this site, and I love reading the stories and seeing everyones before and after pictures

April 13th (4 days post op)  Well I had my surgery on Friday! The first two days the pain was terrible, but I am on day four and I feel pretty good. I am still pretty sore but it is definately getting to the point where it is tolerable. The results are looking pretty good from what I can see of them and I cannot wait to see what the finished product looks like :). I just wanted to update and hopefully I will get my before and after pics on here really soon! Thanks so much for the encouragement and prayers.

April 15th (6 days post op) Had a drs appointment yesterday...they removed one drain and said that everything looks fabulous and they can tell that I am taking care of myself.  I will hopefully get the other drain out on Monday.  I just saw the surgeons nurse practitioner though because he was in surgery.  She said that I will most definately see him on Monday though and I will find out how much he removed and what cc's he ended up going with my breasts...which look so good btw :)  I feel pretty good still just pretty tired and having some muscle spasms in my back from the breast aug.  The pain has been medium but definately tolerable.  I totally have no regrets as of now.  The nurse said that he used a permanent stitch across my abdomen I have no idea what that means, but I will definately be asking on Monday :)  I have some before pics and will get them up as soon as my hubby gets them downloaded onto the computer and I have not taken any afters yet but will be doing it pretty soon.

April 21, 2010 (12 days post op)  I am still...

April 21, 2010 (12 days post op)  I am still recovering nicely.  I went for a checkup on Monday, and was able to see Dr. Runnels.  He removed the last drain, and I will go back next Tuesday.  I am slowly seeing results.  I can see the difference in my back where he lipoed my love handles.  I can see a little difference in my tummy.  I am hoping that the swelling will start to subside some in the next week or so.  I am still in my compression garmet.  I am trying to work to get myself back to functioning with my little ones because my hubby will be back at work on Friday.  I will be alone and have to take care of them.  My breasts look great!  The right one is softening up nicely, but he was a little worried about my left so he wants me to massage the left a little differently than the right and see if we can't loosen it.  The scars are just the opposite though...the right breast scar is raised and irritated and the left breast scar you can barely see it and it has only been 12 days :)  For anyone thinking about the surgery...I would still highly recommend it.  I am going to say that you are going to need a ton of help the first week.  I was not able to get out of bed or a chair by myself, and I was not able to shower by myself either.  I could barely walk.  I do not regret my decision at all though.  I am hoping that the results get better though.  I have went through the surgery blues too.  I asked myself a couple times why I did this to myself, but then I shake it off and remember how excited I was to have this done and how much better I am going to look once I can see all the great results :)  I will continue to update every few days and I havent forgotten about pics.  I still have not taken any after pics, but I will try to update some before pics of my tummy.  I did not take any before pics of my breasts, but I will try to update the drs before and afters when I get those.

Jackson Plastic Surgeon

The Dr and his staff are very nice and they have been extremely helpful!!

Hey there, I had a TT with a hysterectomy too. I got improvement but am not crazy about my results and am planning a revision in a few months. How are you doing?
Hi Kerry...congratulations! I hope you are feeling well! I am having a TT and implants recplaced July 8th..I have 3 kids, 4, 2, and 4 months...I was wondering how much time your husband took off to help you with the kids? Im trying to figure out how long I will need someone with me to help. I can wait to see your picture:)
I'm June 28th and would like to see updated photos and details about your recovery.
Post some now pics... I am having the same thing done on June 29th!! Good luck on recovery!!
Will try to get my hubby to take some tomorrow :) I have been so busy that I have forgotten!
I'm so excited for you! Glad all turned out good can't wait to see the after. =)
So I am counting down the days. I would like to know...what kind of clothes should I take with me for after surgery?? I know that I will be extremely sore and should I buy the "granny panties" for afterwards? Thanks

From what I hear, take the stretchiest, loosest, most comfortable pants you have. No jeans. Good luck!

Thank you so much April for the kind words of encouragement :)

:)  Glad to hear your recovery is going well!

So...they called me from Dr. Runnels's office to go over the recovery information. That just made me more scared. I have read everywhere about the recovery, but I guess that hearing it out loud made me more scared. I am going to try to get my husband to take some before pics so I can get them posted up (19 days and counting) :)

Hi KerriV,

My mom recently had a mommy makeover (after 3 c-sections, a hysterectomy and a 20 year wait to get her body back).  She had a breast aug, lipo and tummy tuck and the breast aug was really the only part she had trouble with in terms of the results not being great (due to capsular contracture).

I've never had this done myself, but based on my mom's experience, I can tell you there is going to be pain, there is going to be bruising... you might find you look a little like a mad science project for a couple of days!  But once everything is said and done, I've never talked to a woman, my mother included, who regretted having a mommy makeover.

A bit of pre-op anxiety is normal, but if you trust your doctor, there's no need to worry... you're gonna look great :)

p.s. I also looked at your doctor's credentials on the ABMS and Mississippi Medical Board websites, and found he's a board certified plastic surgeon with a clean license!  This definitely won't tell you everything about a doctor, but at least you know your surgeon is qualified and doesn't have any major mistakes on his record.  I hope this helps you breathe a little easier...

How exciting. You definitely deserve the body you want after the hard work of having and parenting two sweet girls! Please keep us posted!
Thank you so much! I am so excited but I am scared too. :)

I think those are very normal emotions...let me know if you want to do the video diary. And I'm eager to see your "Before" photos. And then soon, your "After" photos! Please? :)