Trying to Smile - Mississauga, Canada

It took a couple of years convincing but my...

It took a couple of years convincing but my dentist finally persuaded me I would be a perfect patient for Invisalign. I had a pretty smile but I did have a little cross-over with my front teeth and some crowding on the bottom. I began treatment March 1st 2010 with my first of 36 trays. Yes I was dismayed with this many since I was expecting around 24. fast forward Aug 2011...refinements I find out is normal.. but I wasn't expecting another 12! January 2012 ... Nice and straight looking in the front but my bite is totally off - my back molars don't touch at all(they use to!) and my midline is still off on the front too. I was ordered a THIRD refinement set of 25 trays and will have 2 buttons attached to my front tooth.(I now have 15) Keeping track? that will be 3 yrs with no guarantee that this is the end. Yes - I do have nice straight teeth now and receive compliments but if I can't chew properly then this is only acceptable for pictures. I'm trying to stay positive as I begin this next leg of Invisalign.

I have a stubborn bone memory apparently. Not something you know until you begin. Make sure you do plenty of homework and ask lots of questions and be prepared for a much longer wait for perfect results. I haven't heard of anyone who was finished with only one set of trays.

I am so sorry to hear your bite in the back has shifted around. Since you had mentioned you had concerns with how your bite is now, have you considered going to an orthodontist to get an opinion on how things are looking?