Trying to Smile - Mississauga, Canada

It took a couple of years convincing but my...

It took a couple of years convincing but my dentist finally persuaded me I would be a perfect patient for Invisalign. I had a pretty smile but I did have a little cross-over with my front teeth and some crowding on the bottom. I began treatment March 1st 2010 with my first of 36 trays. Yes I was dismayed with this many since I was expecting around 24. fast forward Aug 2011...refinements I find out is normal.. but I wasn't expecting another 12! January 2012 ... Nice and straight looking in the front but my bite is totally off - my back molars don't touch at all(they use to!) and my midline is still off on the front too. I was ordered a THIRD refinement set of 25 trays and will have 2 buttons attached to my front tooth.(I now have 15) Keeping track? that will be 3 yrs with no guarantee that this is the end. Yes - I do have nice straight teeth now and receive compliments but if I can't chew properly then this is only acceptable for pictures. I'm trying to stay positive as I begin this next leg of Invisalign.

I have a stubborn bone memory apparently. Not something you know until you begin. Make sure you do plenty of homework and ask lots of questions and be prepared for a much longer wait for perfect results. I haven't heard of anyone who was finished with only one set of trays.