Happy with my results

Hi All! Thanks for reading my "story." I am...

Hi All! Thanks for reading my "story."
I am having surgery on July 25, 2013 with Dr. Lista, just outside of Toronto, Ontario. I researched my BA online for several months, read many stories and confided in one dear friend and my husband before making that leap to book the consultation. I have come a long way since then! I have chosen only to tell a few people and know that others will figure it out but I am feeling like it is not something I must share with everyone I know. I think I am better at this now that I am 40, as I did not have that level of self confidence years ago and that is partly why I have waited for so long to go down this road. This is the time, I can feel it.
I have attended the clinic for my initial consultation and once more to confirm my size. I first met with the doctor in May 2013 and here I am, less than one week away!
I am approximately129 lbs, 5'6 and a slim build. I have always been small chested and things went downhill (physically) after having my children, small became ridiculously small and a bit deflated. I thought I was a 34 A/AA until last week when I was fitted at La Senza and they said I have always been a 32 A, so who told me 34? Who knows, no one likely!! I am now looking at increasing my size to a 32 C - that is my goal anyway. I am having 375 allergen implants, under the muscle and through the arm pit folds as I have a high chest shelf and this is what the doctor suggested. He suggested a range of sizes and I tried the sizers on to be certain. I chose a size in the middle range of what he said would suit my body. I have to be honest, I feel HUGE in those sizers but the staff and my husband assure me that it will not look as obvious when they are implanted and I chose within the range that will look fitting for my size. I still am nervous but feel better after having returned to the clinic and re-trying those sizers on again to be sure - I picked the exact same size, so I think I am good!
I have received tons of information from my doctor and my patient coordinator, Brittany, has been completely amazing. The communication is really quite good and I feel like I have had all of my questions and concerns thoroughly answered and very promptly as well.
Next week, my husband and I will travel to Mississauga and stay over the night before the surgery, which is booked at 10 am the following day. I booked an all suites room with a separate bedroom so that my husband will be able to watch television and fix food in the kitchen area without disturbing me as I am recovering in the bedroom after surgery. The only downside is that the hotel is about 20 minutes away, but it seems to be the best suited for what I was looking for, so really, I am good with that drive.
I am interested in any tips to manage my recovery, or in planning for the surgery in this last week. I have taken tips from this site and feel somewhat prepared. I bought tank tops in just about every colour so when I go back to work I can wear something under my tops, since I was told I am to go braless for a few weeks post op - wow.
I have bought shirts that have a poufy front and elastic waist or detailing with ruffles to hide my swollen chest when I return to work on August 13, 2013. I hope it is not too obvious, and it has been 92 degrees here, so I am also hoping that I don't have to use the scarves (I have also purchased) or I am going to toast!!
I have bought pj\s with front buttons, and have my arm pillow thing ready for when I return home on July 26th. I do not have a recliner, so I am figuring out how the arm pillow thingy and random pillows and blankets will work. I am thinking I will set myself up downstairs, with those items, in front of the t.v, and on the futon.
Well, that is the gist of it for now. I love reading the stories and supportive comments on each post, so feel free to chat here as well. I am planning to add pictures later, but just have been so busy getting work in order to have time to go and have this surgery, and that is one of the things that I have not gotten around to yet. Stay tuned!!!

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. Five days and counting here!!
Good luck!!! My surgery is 8/8! Pics and into on my review
Thanks so much! Two days left of work and then I am off and ready to go! Those days (Monday and Tuesday) and the work I have brought home for this weekend is major so that is helping me count down even more (reduces the "pain anxiety" a bit, basically, pain vs tons of work!). Thanks for your encouragement!!

Five days to go!!

I am getting my house in order and thinking about packing now. Monday and Tuesday will be nuts with work since I will be off so long so I know I need to get it all set before the end of the weekend. I think I will set up my "recovery couch" today too!!!

Hi Blissfulshopper! I'm posting a link to the ruffled dress I wore the other night. I just want to be sure you don't think im recommending a frilly type ruffled top or that'll accentuate your size when you're healing. If this link doesn't work (it's a mobile URL), go to the Anthropologie website & search ruffled high-low dress. This type is great cause the top is elastic & you can pull it above your cleavage if you want! http://m.anthropologie.com/mobile/catalog/productdetail.jsp?id=28014603&cm_mmc=Email-_-CustServ2013-_-OrderConfirmATG-_-Product
You probably think I'm crazy sending you the dress link. I was talking about it w someone else & thought it was you. Oopsie! :)
Not crazy at all. I am always in for shopping tips, hence the name!

My before 32 a cup

I am so nervous posting this!! I am going to anyway because of the brave women who did the same and gave me the opportunity to see that there are other people who have the same body type.

I've read your story, feel like my own. Wish you best of luck! I'm from Mississauga too and would like to have mine done but still hesitated maybe ill get the confident from you and GO FOR IT. So unhappy with my 34A chest and being deflated after more than 2 years of breastfeeding my babies . Now I'm almost 40 and more than ever before I want to have bigger breasts. I'm feeling happy for you have it all planned out and almost there to have your own big and sexy breasts . All the best!
you are almost there so excited for you! best of luck and look forward to your updates!
Thanks so much!! I think I read that tip but am worried I will forget something, so keep them coming!!!

The sun will come out, Tomorrow...........the countdown is almost to zero!

I'm in the final hours before my BA. I was given the green light to shave tomorrow, which sounds stupid but I was told not to shave any body hair for two weeks pre-op. My appreciate is 7 am.
My recovery bed is set up at home, loads of pillows, my peas are in the freezer, my heating pad, hair ties, books and remotes are on the side table, I have apple sauce, Ritz crackers and gingerale.
I am totally nervous for tomorrow but just want this over so I can be on my way to heal!
I will update after to let you know how things go. Thank you all for your warm wishes and to HeasitatedMe and those contemplating survey I hope those updates help you like the others helped me!!
Catch you on the other side!!

Seriously!?

Spell check! Appreciate is supposed to be appointment. Survey should be surgery. Sorry....

Good luck.I wish you all the best.I think this is going to be best size for you.I am almost 40,Around your size-115 lbs and 5'5 and I got 425 cc just three weeks ago.I think my are too big,but now its too late,I hope I will get use to them.Keep my finger cross for you and will see you on the other side!!!

Today went great! Here is how the day of my surgery went....

Hello everyone!!
I am going to update this with point form for now, I am currently comfortable in bed with pillows and just had a dose of medicine so for now I am good but there's a lot to share....
I Washed last night and this morning with the antiseptic wash they provided me. It made my face sore and tight, as I have sensitive skin and they told me not to use any lotions or serums after the wash was used from hair to foot!
Arrived at 7 am - Plastic Surgery Clinic in Mississaugua, On
Met with OR Nurse who was bright and so welcoming, she took my dh's cell number and asked if he had any questions before she and I went upstairs to the office on the OR floor
Nurse took my vitals and asked if I knew what I was getting done - 371 silicone gel gummy bear implants with an underarm incision. I passed the test, lol
She had me put on my pajama pants, socks, and slippers with the medical gown tied in the back.
She had me get comfortable on a chair with heated blankets and with my house coat on.
She then endeared me to her forever when she said she did not note my age at first and was shocked when she saw I was 40. She said she thought for sure I was in my 20s. Wow, I LOVE that woman, lol!!!!!!
I was then given a celebrex, oxycodone, and a pill for nausea
I sat in that room watching a small television, which really did chill my nerves a bit
The anesthesiologist then came in and sat with me and asked all about my medical history. He was very engaging with me and kind.
Dr Lista came in next - all smiles, with such a positive energy and so bright. He asked me how I was and reviewed the size and plan for today. We discussed my fear of being too big and of my breast asymmetry. Too big - He said he would use a smaller implant if it did not suit my body when in surgery, however, he felt I chose the perfect size for what I wanted to achieve
Asymmetry - Dr.Lista said we would use the same sized implants in each breast as they were not that different in size and we were going for sisters, not twins!
He then asked if I would mind having a medical student join us, I said it would be fine so he asked her to come into the exam room
He then marked me , explaining all of the decisions made (type, size, placement, how he hides the scars, etc.) and how he was going to achieve the best results - as an educator, I loved this part and it did wonders for my nerves hearing his intelligent explanations and his confidence
He took photos and asked me to relax in the warm chair.
My nurse came back and we walked to the OR, I laid down on the bed and had my legs wrapped into these wraps for circulation (loved those, mini massages )
Another nurse took my blood pressure and the anesthesiologist inserted my IV and then....????
My surgery was at 8 am, we may have started shortly after and I woke up in recovery sometime around 9:30 or 10. I did not have any tube in my mouth (there was one during surgery) and I slowly came aware of the room and the busy nursing staff zipping about.
I felt very minimal pain, more of a tightness and no nausea
The nurses told me the surgery went well and he went with the 371 ccs
I stayed in recovery for about another hour, maybe a bit longer, not sure
I was given oxycodone and crackers
I was wearing my pajama top now and a pain pump attached to my breasts that had two little pouches of the draining fluid (yuck)
They gave me another bag of fluid by intervenus before they wheeled me out (I had a potty break and it was not too hard to navigate on my own)
My husband drove us back to the Homewood Suites (more on that experience later, my new favorite hotel, unmatched for accommodating me during this time)
I went right to bed but have not slept much at first. I did snooze from 430-9 tonight though. I am amazed about the pain being so minimal at this point. Tightness, sore on the right more than the left and dizzy but all in all, manageable. When the pain pump comes off tomorrow morning I hope that is still the case!
I have been taking all of my meds and not icing, as per the written instructions. My husband drains the pouches every two hours or so, he is so awesome!
I am going to sleep soon again and I will try to update more later.
Thanks for your prayers and supportive words! I'm so happy at this stage and, oh ya, I freaking Love my perfect breasts, what a genius Dr Lista is, worth every penny!!!!!!

I will upload my photo from today when I am back home. Basically, a bit swollen, bruised coming from my underarms and at the inside of the bottom of each breast but I already know the size is perfect and my husband agrees. Happy and relieved at this stage!!

One more point...

I have a strap as well that goes around the top of my chest, snug under my arm pits.

Congrats!!!Cant wait to see some pictures!Get well soon!!!
Good luck with your recovery! Excited to see how they turned out. Thanks for your encouragement! It's wonderful to be able to share stories. :-)
Congrats soon! So happy to hear that all is going well! Can't wait to meet your girls :). Keep resting & post pics when you can. Sounds like you have a great result already. I am so excited for y :)

One day post op, still smiling

As promised, a few words about the Hilton Homewood Suites, in Toronto by the airport, my new favourite hotel!! I picked this hotel because it had a separate kitchen, and living room, with a television for my husband to watch as I recovered in the king sized bedroom, with another tv, next to the three piece bathroom. It was spacious, clean and modern. The booking included both dinner and breakfast each day of our stay and the food was delicious! The dinner we ate the night of our arrival was pepper steak stir fry with wild rice. It came with salad, a roll and chicken gumbo soup. There was also non alcoholic drinks included. last night, my husband had personal deep dish pizza, the caesar salad buffet and chicken noodle soup. He brought a container of soup up for me, and a plate of french fries and both were yummy!! The staff made sure my hubby had something to take up to me and said to call them if i wanted anything else.
Yesterday, when we left to go to the clinic for my surgery, my husband asked if we could have our room made up close to first as i would return after surgery and he wanted me to just return and rest. The woman took our room # and said she woul ensure our room was at the top of the cleaning list when the cleaning staff arrived at eight. When we returned at about 10:30, the room was all set.
About two hours later, a guest services staff came to the door and gave my husband a care package for me from the hotel! How sweet and thoughtful. It had strawberry scented kleenex, purell, a box of tylenol and a can of chicken noodle soup. I couldn't believe it!
Well, we checked out this am and went for my first post op with the nurse at the PS clinic. She removed the pain pump which did not hurt, but the drainage tubes in my arm pits did burn as they were removed. I am glad that is out. She checked my symmetry, perfect, and the incisions are good as well. She said i am to wear the band all of the time, except when in the wash, which i do each day when i take it off to shower. i am not to ice at all. I am to rest and only get up to shower, eat and go to the bathroom until I go back next Thursday, then we will begin exercises.
I am pretty bruised today, around my incisions, and all around both breasts. i have tightness and swelling and the odd swooshy sound at the top of my breasts when i move, weird. I remain hopped up on oxys and am tired but not in major discomfort. We traveled home and it is good to see my family and return to my bed.
Sorry for this long post, I cannot believe how much I appreciate this venue to share and journal this experience. I wish you all well!!!!

no, silicone gummy gel. I just read the dr q&a and it said this is normal and could last one month! more pain tonight, took both oxys. Swelling is decreasing, bruising is increasing. Time to rest up l guess!
Yes, rest up! Your hotel experience sounds fantastic!
Is it normal to feel sloshing at the top of my pectoral muscles? Feels odd and i am not sure if i am doing something wrong

one day post op

The pain pump is off, they feel very sore and hard and burn a bit. Better days ahead, I am sure of it

That was super awesome of your hotel to give you a care package!!! How are you feeling now that the pain pump is gone?
Thanks so much. I just had my husband put my strap into the wash, when it goes in the dryer I finally get to take a shower. I have to wash the strap daily and also wash the incisions under my arms four times each day this week. My mom and I go back to Toronto for my first follow up on Thursday.
you did it!! looking good :)

day two post op picture

Your boobies are looking great! :]
Looking good but that strap looks like it hurts!!
Without the pump on, the first change was that I felt the burning sensation. I am fairing okay though, cutting back on the amount of oxys and time in between doses and managing okay. Tonight, my right breast crease area burns and I puffed up with swelling in the last hour, so not sure what is up there. I am taking an extra srength tylenol and one oxy, not forgoing it as I had hoped, which stinks! I was confident a while ago, but pain is setting in.....Night!

Sad Sunday, could use a pep talk......

So my lofty plan of going off the oxys day two post op was not to be. I woke up at 6 am in major pain and took the full dose again. Thank Goodness it is starting to work. Back to sleep and hopefully this gets better from here. nuts!!
The band is sore, but I am committed to following each and every direction to a "t" so it stays on this week when it is not in the wash each day.
My smile for the morning - my son is camped out next to my bed (actually his bed, made into Mom's recovery room!), a nest of pillows. I asked him if he wanted to go slip into Dad's bed and he said he didn't, what a sweetheart!! He is nine.
I am now seeing double but in no pain so I am going to get some rest. Hope my friends out there on RS are healing well and having an amazing day!!!

xoxo, thanks, I needed that!!!!
Thanks, and yes, it does but it will be worth it. Right?!?!?!!
Absolutely!!

Three days post op, new photo

Healing better now....

Well, after having a lot of pain earlier today and getting some further rest, I am happy to report that I was able to wait the six hours before taking further pain meds., and took one oxy, one extra strength Tylenol and my Arnica. The Picture I took today makes my chest look on the small side but I think it's the way they are still sitting, high and a bit swollen. I tried on a bikini top and I was just amazed, it fits and looks so nice! I am really excited and a bit emotional at this point. I am fine with my former suits fitting, as long as I have some chest to fill it, I will be happy. I'm Getting uncomfortable with my bloated body, I am hopeful that things get moving, if you catch my drift!
To those having surgery this week, best of luck!!! Happy healing to those post op and a big thanks to the people who continue to come back to this Site to reassure people who are interested in this surgery and for those of us who have had it and are now recovering! Xox

First of all THANK YOU for the detailed step-by-step of your surgery day. That really helps give a perspective. I always wonder how many get the tube shoved down their throat during surgery. Did you have a sore throat afterwards? I haven't read about many girls bruising as bad as you, did the doctor provide an explanation? I wonder if it's because of the place of incision and how lean you are? Maybe you can post a photo from further away to give us a better boob to body ratio. 371cc seems to be a nice natural size for you. Also, can you describe the pain? I'm a total baby with pain. Is it a constant dull ache or sharp jabs of pain you experience? Would it be similar to that soreness you get a day or two after a heavy workout? Thanks again for sharing your experience. I love this site!
You are welcome! I'm getting a lot from posting, it is helping to pass the time and to connect with people who "get this!" Here are the answers to your questions : I would not have even known I had a tube down my throat had the anesthesiologist not told me that would be the case. He told me to try to not bite it when I came to after surgery as I could have damaged my teeth. That was a bit daunting but when I woke up in recovery, there was no tube and not even the feeling of having had something in there! I bruise a lot no matter what so I have not thought too much about it really. I am taking Arnica granules and I think I would have been worse without taking them since all of my other random bruises are fading nicely as well, lol! I can post a picture of my body before, but I am trying to hold off on the body ratio photo op now due to my major bloat!!! I feel like the marshmallow guy in ghostbusters, lol The pain is more like a stretching, burning sensation for me. I am amazed at how little it does hurt given what I was thinking that it was going to be like. I have had to take medication, as prescribed, to keep it at bay but I think it's getting better and I hope that I no longer need the pain medication by my post op on Thursday, day seven. I took two oxys this am because my breast crease on the right burned, no shooting pains, more constant burn and within twenty minutes I was pain free and out cold! This afternoon, I took one oxy and one tylenol and that has been fine. My pain level is about 5/10, the worst has been an 8. Labour would be 10. I think the pain is a bit different from post workout but you are the expert there, my dear, I am no where near as fit as you are!! I am someone who bikes, walks, etc but nothing like weight lifting or extreme cardio. The pain is more achy, dull right now, but I think it's going to change as I heal, based on what I have learned from the wonderful women on this Site. Do you know where you are going for consults? I went a few hours away based on the reviews and research I did - Dr. Lista has been wonderful and I was able to do a lot of the pre op work locally and have it sent to him, which helped. Ask me anything else you like and I will let you know if there are any tips that help me as I heal. Take care xo
Thanks, Lissa. The band is not too bad, I am just bloated and extra puffy so it looks super tight. I will be happy when it comes off though! I think they said that, after the strap is worn for two weeks, I'm then to go braless for a month so I have bought lined tank tops in many colors!!

For Figure Girl...pre op body picture for perspective

Not the best picture bit trying to maintain some anonymity!! When my bloated tummy goes down, I will do a body post with my new chest!!

Hope you are feeling better today! I'm like you, I would want to avoid the pain pills ASAP too. But they really seem to be helping you through the pain. Hang in there sweetie! :)
I was gonna post a pic today too but I am SO bloated as well. That's probably one of the worst parts of recovery. Hope you are starting to feel more like yourself. :-)
Hi! Your resuls are looking great! I'm hoping for around the same size. 400cc bringing me to a good C. Just a quick question, why can't you use ice? I've read lots of other peoples stories and they swear by ice, lol.

Day Four, no more narcotics so I hope things get moving!!!!!

I slept until 9 am this morning, wow! I was in quite a bit of pain, right side mostly and decided to take my Tylenol instead of oxys and take more if needed in half an hour. I am pleased to report that the two 500mg of Tylenol is making the pain manageable, which is good because today is the day that I AM going to poop, no matter what I have to ingest to get it done!!! Thanks for the suggestions to get things moving. I am asking my mom to pick up some milk of magnesium today and I don't know if we have the slow tea, but she can check for that too. I just hope I don't have to resort to an enema, that could be tricky as I am still not all that coordinated with my range of motion post op!
Its just me and the kids today and they have been wonderful. I have had the opportunity to rest and heal, which is great.
Happy healing everyone!

Senna tea gets things moving for me pre-competition. Due to all the high protein and cutting of water and dry oats, it's next to impossible to poop. Senna tea, which can be bought at most nutrition stores in Canada, is a winner!
Thanks!!
Two teas are in, but they say to give until overnight so that, plus the milk of magnesium has got to work. I feel yucky and huge!!

When do I call about concerns with my incision?

I'm getting a bit concerned about my right incision (under arm). It is really red and does not seem to be healing as quickly. I have been following my doctor 's advice and washing the area four times each day and using the polysporine but it really hurts, more than the left. How can I judge if it is infected??

Day four post op

They look great already, just the right size for you; I know you were worried about looking too big but they are perfect. Happy healing, I hope the soreness goes away very soon. Oh and congrats on your number two lol.
Thanks, Allie. Amazing how much better I felt after that, it's the small things really.....lol I'm Happy with the size and will be even happier when they look better!
Hello - I hope you're feeling better this evening! Congratulations on your long awaited surgery. If your incision looks very red or is very itchy or in any way leaking any type of fluid - either clear or yellowish - an infection could definitely be forming. It is better to err on the side of caution and visit the surgeon or at least his nurse for an opinion. Do they have you on antibiotics post surgery? This should cover any possible infection (especially the commonly prescribed high power Cipro). There is always some redness/itchiness associated with an incision due to healing - but if you say it is different and worse than the other, I would recommend getting it looked at. Best of luck.

Day 6, feeling more "normal " and might wear street clothes today.....ummm but love my cozy pj's so....

Posting pictures then will update......

My day six update!

Hi my friends who "get" this from around the world!! I am really excited now to report that I am starting to feel better and more like myself today. Yesterday was a bit rough and I think my Mom figured out why, after the swelling starts to go down, you feel just how tender you are. She also reminded me about a study about red head/fair skinned women having higher sensitivity when breastfeeding and that would be applicable now as well, not to suggest that I have any more pain than the olive and darker skinned beauties here but for some reason that reminder helped me when I needed it. Does anyone have increased nipple sensitivity on day 5/6? For some unknown reason I thought I would bypass that with the incision site I have but no luck : (
I am still reading so many stories on here and just get so encouraged by the women who weigh in and comment to each other for no other reason than to be sweet, and it is really amazing. I'm sure that I will continue to learn from all of you and appreciate you for coming along on my journey and allowing me to be a part of yours. Have a wonderful day and happy healing friends xo

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Incision pictures, ewww but might help someone who is having this done

Haha just read your post where you mentioned hearing a swooshy sound at the top of your boobs . . How funny me too. . Thought I may have been hearing things but when I read your comment I knew I'd heard something. . Any ideas? . .
Your before surgery picture is very close to mine. I am glad you put it on because I am always looking for comparisons. I haven't put mine on yet because I'm still undecided on what I am doing. I have another consult at the end of August and I promised myself I would make the decision. Reading your story and everyone else's makes me wonder why I hesitate. I am so envious of everyone's cute new boobies. You look great and I'm glad you are starting to feel better.
JosieBee, thanks so much for your kind comments on my page!! I was so scared to put up photos at first but now I am so glad I did. I appreciated those that I checked out as well, and it was amazing to me that there were other people with my measurements, it seemed EVERYONE had more than I had! Seeing others gave me perspective and that helped hugely! Feel free to pm me any questions and let me know what you decide. Best wishes xo

Better late than never.....

I just went on the allergen website and figured out what type of projection I have. It is a style 15, which told me nothing, but I now see that translates into a moderate projection, 371 smooth cohesive gel implant. I do not know why I had to figure that out but I feel better for knowing now, lol!
And now for some humour.... at dinner, (of course at dinner, he is a boy!) my son asked us if we had heard of the movie Constipated. We said no, he said, with a straight face, oh that's because it hasn't come out yet! EWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

I love the joke!!! How are you feeling? I've had 2 BAs....so I know what you are dealing with.
Ha ha love your sons constipated joke! I will share that with mine. Looks like you are recovering well from your surgery, mine is the 13 th August!
Love the joke...I told my girls & we were all cracking up :)

My life of post op leisure is officially OVER!!!!

First the good news, I had my post op today, all is healing great, no sign of infection and I am on the road to recovery. Then the bad news, I have to vigorously and aggressively massage the bejesus out of my breasts ten times a day! I have done these torture exercises twice since my appointment and I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes! Holy $!?$ that is pain!!!! Please, for the love of all things holy, has anyone had these directions and followed them with success? I am going to follow the directions, I just am really hoping that this gets less painful each day so any assurances would be so appreciated. If this is not the case, I would appreciate helpful hints....I have already warmed up the Arnica gel before my massage, but have been directed not to use ice or ibuprofen, so I don't have any other bright ideas....
Oh and more great news, I have the strap day and night for one more week.....
I think I can, I think I can.......chin up and focus on the end result, natural, soft, normal shaped breasts........till tomorrow loves xo

7 day photo

Your son's comment is hilarious!
Your son is too funny! just curious, i haven't heard much from others about using a strap. Why do you have to use it? It's interesting how each of the doctors have different post-op instructions. Ice, no ice. Massage, no massage... I wonder why it's not more consistent.
I was told it is to position the implants properly into the pockets. It is true, there are many different ways to heal from very similar surgeries but I think it's worth following your own ps's advice to get the best results and learn from each other how to do it the most effectively/safely/comfortably.

8 days, photo taken following "massage"

Sorry, Soon2btrue... Are you still talking to me? Can get confusing on here. :) Maybe you can take acetometaphin. I know depending on my prescription pain med I could take one but not the other. Yeah I did stop fish oil before surgery, though just under two weeks before. I've forgotten to start up my vitamins since! & massages are going well. I was less afraid to apply pressure after talking to you & it really does smooth them out, especially after you work at it a bit. They always seem to be more tense again in the mornings though. So glad massages aren't hurting you so much! Every day is better, right!? My surgeon has had me lie on my belly since day 1 lost op (for 15 minutes) & now I can actually sleep on my tummy! Yayy! Baby steps! :)
No worries, it is hard to follow where to post, sowing it is what I do!!! I'm happy to report I am now massaging without pain and kneading the heck out of those scar tissue areas, and the Arnica gel after really helps. I am not allowed to sleep on my stomach until the 14th day post, which is Thursday. The ps also said no vitamins until then either. It is a wonderful weekend all keep these "rules" straight, lol!!
So winging it......that is what I meant there

Updated picture, day 11

day 15, doing great!

Had my two week Po appt yesterday and had my stitches removed. My left is healing beautifully, the right looks thick and red so I am not happy there yet but the nurse assured me that it will heal in time. I was given (paid for) a scar fade cream to start applying twice daily for the next six months to fade the incision scars. I cannot use silicone sheets due to the incision site. The scar cream was $46 but I did not know if I could get the same at the nutrition house in town so I decided to buy it at the dr's office.
I have to keep massaging ten times a day (no longer hurts and now I see movement so I am happy) and I only have to wear the strap at night. I have to try to sleep on my stomach which did not work last night so I will keep trying that one.....and I have to lay on a hard surface each day as well, I guess it strengthens the chest muscles.
I am not cleared for physical activity yet, booo! I had been riding my bike and was told to cut it out, I am not allowed to do anything that raises my heart rate and I will be cleared for this if all is good when I see the Dr next on Sept 3!
I have not taken any medicine with the exception of the arnica granules for the last few days and do not have pain. When I massage the scar tissues it is tender, but the arnica gel is helping there.
I am back to work earlier than expected and no one really noticed but some who knew I had surgery asked what it was for so I just said "Cysts " and feel guilty for lying but really, why are they asking what I had done?! I'm pretty sure I would not be as bold.
Well life has been busy since getting back to my schedule but I am managing with early nights.
Best wishes to my BA friends healing xo

Try Tegaderm sheets on your scar. I have a picture in my page and the silicon strips I have fit fine on my boobie scar. ..
I am using what he prescribed for now, but the right has me worried, so I may switch in a few weeks if it doesn't start to look less ghastly. Thanks!!
Best to follow the doctor when you can.

Three weeks post op!!

Three weeks, woot woot!!

Time flies after you get back to business! I have been incredibly busy and I have not had much time to update my review. I am amazed at how well this recoup process is going, with the exception of the scar tissue pain(massaging to get rid of it, so slow!) and this no working out for three more weeks business. I have two major events coming up that I cannot dance at, what the heck?!?
Anyway, I am noticing the look of my breast to be improving daily. They are starting to drop nicely and right now they look just like they did when my milk came in, so hopefully the changes continue to be positive from here.
My left incision is fading fast, the right is sluggish coming along but I wish it looked as good as the other.
Not much more to report. I hope you all are well and happy healing xo.

No one at work said a thing! I'm sure it is because of the padded bras before my BA, hahaha!!

Here are pix I posted before but removed to add modesty stickers....for perspective.

Day four and six post op

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Day six did not load,here it is!

They are just perfect lol.Congrats!!!
What a doll you ate! They are getting a bit more normal looking as I approach the one month mark. I cannot wait until the middle gap is not so big. All in all I am happy though!
So glad that you are healing well!!!! Permanent-breastfeeding boobs with a baby attached!!! :)

holy inappropriate!!

Today I tried on a few of my bikinis without padding. Ya, that is something!!! I'm going to have to file those and buy new, yippee!!!!!! I don't feel too big or anything but it is evident that I have large cleavage in those particular bikini tops. Perhaps that is because those cups are REALLY small. Bye bye small sized bikini tops!!

Hi soon2betrue, Thank you for sharing your story. I have just booked my initial consultation with Dr. Lista and really excited for finally doing this. I live in Toronto and will be visiting his Yorkville clinic location. What made you go with Dr. Lista? did you visit any other Plastic Surgeons? Did he tell you the cost in the initial consultation? I know that cost differs depending on what you have done but how much can I expect? How soon until you were able to drive/ return to work post BA?
Thank you for your story, I love this site too, and it is nice that we can come on here and ask anything and get honest answers and lucky for us that there are woman like you and Daphne that keep everyone posted. I did a lot of reading too and learned so much from this site. You and I are almost exactly the same size and build. I know how you feel when the sizers seemed huge. I almost went with the 371cc but just felt more comfortable with the 339cc and I am happy with the results. Glad it all went well for you.

One month post op picture

One month post op

Well, I am happy to report that I am atone month post op and feeling almost back to normal. My breasts are still sort of high, swelling is not totally gone and I continue to have soreness and bruising where I am working on the scar tissue. I find it interesting that the bikini top I tried on at three days post op had fit well and now it is far too risqué for me to wear as I now how more chest showing. Weird how the dropping and swelling going down makes the breasts bigger (not a ton so don't panic)!
I am still happy with the size I chose and becoming more comfortable in my body. I have been a bit self conscious about my incisions under my arms and so wearing things with at least cap sleeves which is a pain, it is pretty hot lately!
I am done wearing the strap at night after tonight, so that is good. Still no bra until I get the okay from the doctor and I do not see him until Sept 4. I have been wearing nipple flowers that hurt at the end of the day when they come off, ouch!
Not too much else to report. I am anxious to get back to working out but am being patient. One day at a time!
Hope you are all doing well and happy healing xo

Wow check out that cleavage darling. . . Looking hot momma! Can you believe it's a month gone? I still can't believe I've done it and everything is going back to normal. . I bet you're the same eh? How the scars? BA sis? X
Thanks sweet cheeks xo The scars are coming along okay - left is almost gone but the right is slower to heal. I have been working on them though and can hear little popping noises as I massage them and that seems to be minimizing the puffiness of that right one. Do you have any fluid-type bubbles under your arms? I am supposed to use soft tissue massage and I am confused, they said it is like a corded area (scar tissue) but I feel bubbles. Am I crazy?? Maybe it is a transaxillary incision issue, I am not sure but I will update my review to see if I am the only one with this issue. Otherwise, I am smooth sailing, right is dropped, left almost all the way!! How are you fairing at this point? Have you been back for a re-check? Love ya, Canadian Sista xo
              looking good in your swimsuit top

Looking for insght for those with under arm (transaxillary) site incisions...

Does anyone else feel like there are fluid filled bubbles that you are massaging under the arm pit and at the top of the implant (more to the side)?? I am supposed to use soft tissue massage and have been dutifully, and it seems that it is breaking up on the right side and I think that is why it is dropping...but the left side remains stubborn and feels like bubbles that feel like cysts...hmm...I see my doctor next week but thought I would put this out there for my lovely ladies too weigh in. Any thoughts??

They look great.Congrats!!!
Thanks so much, Forte!!
Sorry I miss that.did you got HP or moderate?

Five weeks post op

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

left side still stuck....

I feel great, scars are fading fast and I like how my chest looks. My left Breast still is tighter than my right and I wish it was as dropped but I will try to be patient!

I bought a new swimsuit today and my husband 's eyes just about popped out of his head. Yes!!

I hope all of you are doing great. Happy healing xo

Congrats! Your results look great!
Hooray for eye popping! Ha ha! You look perfect!

Mondors Cord?

When you think you know what the heck to expect and then find out, nope, I have no clue....okay, that sadly is where I sit!!
I have this very tight rope like area on the outside of my left Breast and I thought it was scar tissue that I was supposed to be massaging the bejesus out of. I just read someone's post who spoke of something called, "mondor's cord." I looked it up and I think I had better stop massaging and ask my doctor tomorrow when I go in for my post op. I was beginning to think this was Cc but am hoping that it is this mondor's cord thing because that sounds like an irritant that will go away. Has anyone else had this issue? Where did you have it and what did you do the resolve it? I look forward to learning more. Happy healing friends xo

Thanks, Sunnylady!!!

new bathing suit, five weeks, incisions too

My left incision is doing better but right is healing on track too. Armpit incisions.

pictures

Wow, you look great! Your incisions look good too. Did you find out yet if you have mondor's cord? I have heard it goes away with time but anxious to hear what your PS said. BTW, I can't wait to use the "Constipated" movie joke on my 2 young teenage boys tomorrow night at dinner. (From your July 31st post.)  :)  Thanks for your touch of humor!

Did you have discomfort from using the band? Around the incisions?
For a few days it did but I used gauze to pad my incisions and then when I only had to wear it at night, I actually put it over my night shirt and that seemed to really work well!!!! My incisions do not hurt at all anymore.

photos -just shy of six weeks

six week check up!!

Yesterday I saw my doctor and was given the green light to do ANYTHING I WANT!!!! Everything is healing on schedule and I just have scar tissue that will break down over time. He gave me stretches to do to help loosen them up (hand behind head and stretch back, massage into/under the cord like area).
I went to La senza and was sized - 32 DD!! Yay!!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

also can wear a 34b (marilyn monrie bra)

Clothed picture.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

marilyn monroe i meant, lol!

See last post.

You are healing beautifully!!
Thanks, Ruebix!!!
Hi, thanks for your review! I'm so glad you had a positive experience and results! I too just had transaxillary and I noticed you mentioned the white band was place above your breasts. I currently have the white band below my breasts, I am 2 days post -op. Assuming above the breast would interfere with the incision. At 3days you mentioned a Band, was this above the breast or below? Thanks for your time!

doing great!!

Here are some new pictures. First, some from a few days ago...

tosay's pictures

Here are a few more, I'm a sports bra from Joe Fresh sized 34 C

Your boobies seem like they're healing pretty well. Happy for u. How have u been feeling?

tiday, nit tosay, sheesh!?

Well, I am feeling great! My breasts look pretty awesome if I do say so myself, hahaha! This has been quite an amazing experience. Today my husband decided the "sisters"needed real names so he had fun throwing out some interesting ones. I axed the following - Scooby and Shaggy, Thelma and Daphne, Cagney and Lacey, and Frick and Frack. What was he thinking?!? Well we finally agreed on Salt N Peppa, which I forsee will be a fun inside joke for us when we are out for dinner!! I am happy for how this surgery has thrown more flames into our intimacy. I mean, it was always there but it is definitely something that has stepped it up a few notches. So amazing to say this at 40 when we have been married for seventeen years and have children. Ya gotta love that!
I am feeling very active, they feel good when I stretch and am physical. I still massage those ropey like cords to the side/top of both breasts and think it is getting less and less. You cannot see the lumpy things so that makes me happy.
My incisions are fading. I wish they would be gone already but it will take time since I am so fair skinned. I use the scar fade gel twice a day and massage those incisions within an inch of their life because I understand that promotes healing.
I noticed some firework/spark type pains in my breasts off and on the last few days (not to say though) and I understand that it my nerves re generating or attaching or something like that! I put a bit of pressure when this happens and it feels better. Nothing that would require anything more.
Zero pain meds, no longer massaging with arnica, just use bio oil and cocoa butter or whatever I have on hand, and massage in the shower and two other times each day. My husband says they feel more squishy and he is in love with them.
Still no one has seemed to do a double take and only those who k ow check me out. All have said it looks right for my body type and natural, exactly what I wanted. Dr List a rocks!!
I will update again soon xo

I had the same doc and patient coordinator, they're great!! :)
Beautiful results and great size for you!
I absolutely love your nick names:)! So cute. When did you start buying bras? I'm 6 weeks today. Holding off for now. But I am always trying em on every chance I get:). My last appointment my doctor said to hold off. Now I have a appointment Tuesday can't wait to ask when I can buy some beautiful bras.

picture @ two months

Three months, wow, where does the time go??  I finally have some downtime to catch up on this blog and check in to see how all of you are doing at every stage of this process!  I will update my pictures later today and will give you a rundown of where I am at three months post op here. *breast feel good - firm still so I am not sure if they will get softer through the rest of the year so I will keep updating on that part  *scar tissue - healing well, do not massage them anymore which is a huge change.  In about the second month post op, I was really aggravated by the scar tissue that connected from the under arm incision to the breast implant site (under skin).  I massaged everyday, sometimes up to five times for several minutes each time, to work on the lumpier bits and now, it is not bothering me at all, I think most broke up in there from that working over, and I think that since it has gotten better, both breasts have settled down where they need to sit, which is great really * my incision sites are healing nicely but man am I impatient on that one.  I think being so fair skinned it highlights the angry red lines under my armpits.  They are pretty flat and not puffy or anything, but I cannot wait until they resemble a faded scar.  I switched from the uber-expensive scar gel to Maderma scar gel, saving about $30/tube in the process.  They are both silicone scar gels so I hope it is not a big deal.  I just cannot afford the other expensive scar fade stuff right now. *paying for this procedure - I am still chopping away at paying the line of credit bill that I took out to get this done.  While I am happy I did not make myself save and wait to have it done (would have been likely a few years and really would likely have decided then to forgo it all together, which would be so sad now that I know the positive outcome I received by having the surgery), it is a hefty bill.*people have not noticed at work, still (other than the handful in the know).  Work is so stressful right now that people are hardly looking beyond themselves let alone seeing changes to observe on others *buying bras - I love trying on and buying bras!  I am pretty much a solid 34 C now and that is a popular size so I am all set.  I bought two extreme cleavage bras from Fredrick's and they are perfect for when I want cleavage to go together.  My usual, everyday are the La Senza bras that have been wearing and laundering well (hand washed in mild soap, hung to dry). *we went on vacation and I loved the confidence I felt in my swimwear and dresses for dinner, shows.  *sometimes I am a bt sore still, not painful sore, just do have the odd feeling of discomfort around the breast and especially on nipple area.  no more zingers though.  I am more protective of banging the area than ever, as it does feel more sensitive that other areas of my body. *I became a "Real Friend" since my surgery, so thanks to Beth and all of you who do like to read blogs and communicate in this format.  It helped me so much both before and after I had the surgery.  I hope those of you thinking about surgery get all of your questions answered and to those of you in the other side, happy healing xo
Salt n peppa are looking good! Hope you continue to have a smooth recovery.
Thanks!! All is going well. How about at your end?

Three month update - posted in comment section, oops!

Three months, wow, where does the time go?? I finally have some downtime to catch up on this blog and check in to see how all of you are doing at every stage of this process! I will update my pictures later today and will give you a rundown of where I am at three months post op here. *breast feel good - firm still so I am not sure if they will get softer through the rest of the year so I will keep updating on that part *scar tissue - healing well, do not massage them anymore which is a huge change. In about the second month post op, I was really aggravated by the scar tissue that connected from the under arm incision to the breast implant site (under skin). I massaged everyday, sometimes up to five times for several minutes each time, to work on the lumpier bits and now, it is not bothering me at all, I think most broke up in there from that working over, and I think that since it has gotten better, both breasts have settled down where they need to sit, which is great really * my incision sites are healing nicely but man am I impatient on that one. I think being so fair skinned it highlights the angry red lines under my armpits. They are pretty flat and not puffy or anything, but I cannot wait until they resemble a faded scar. I switched from the uber-expensive scar gel to Maderma scar gel, saving about $30/tube in the process. They are both silicone scar gels so I hope it is not a big deal. I just cannot afford the other expensive scar fade stuff right now. *paying for this procedure - I am still chopping away at paying the line of credit bill that I took out to get this done. While I am happy I did not make myself save and wait to have it done (would have been likely a few years and really would likely have decided then to forgo it all together, which would be so sad now that I know the positive outcome I received by having the surgery), it is a hefty bill.*people have not noticed at work, still (other than the handful in the know). Work is so stressful right now that people are hardly looking beyond themselves let alone seeing changes to observe on others *buying bras - I love trying on and buying bras! I am pretty much a solid 34 C now and that is a popular size so I am all set. I bought two extreme cleavage bras from Fredrick's and they are perfect for when I want cleavage to go together. My usual, everyday are the La Senza bras that have been wearing and laundering well (hand washed in mild soap, hung to dry). *we went on vacation and I loved the confidence I felt in my swimwear and dresses for dinner, shows. *sometimes I am a bt sore still, not painful sore, just do have the odd feeling of discomfort around the breast and especially on nipple area. no more zingers though. I am more protective of banging the area than ever, as it does feel more sensitive that other areas of my body. *I became a "Real Friend" since my surgery, so thanks to Beth and all of you who do like to read blogs and communicate in this format. It helped me so much both before and after I had the surgery. I hope those of you thinking about surgery get all of your questions answered and to those of you in the other side, happy healing xo

Super helpful and you look great!
Thank you so much for posting your review. It was very helpful, i will be going to see Dr Lista Jan 10 for my consultation :) i'm soo excited to finally be going in and getting things started. You look fabulous! can't wait to join
Just wanted to stop by and say that it was fun to read your review. You look fabulous! Now that I'm 10 months in, I can say that they are still a 36D, they just look a lot more natural. For example I don't look like a bodybuilder anymore! So in some regard they look a little smaller because they dropped but I'm still a 36D. So it's more about the shape and look that changes in the next several months. You'll notice a big difference at about 6 to 8 months. Anyway keep up the great work and I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoy mine!

Nine month check up, all is good!!

I saw my doctor yesterday and all has been really good!! Zero issues, feels great and could not be happier with my results. I had a complimentary facial peel that was so wonderful!
I hope you all are doing well xo

Thanks sweetheart!
Did you book? So glad my review helped!!
How are you doing now?

One year anniversary and so happy!

Hey girls!!
All is well with my world. I had the surgery one year ago and other than faint lines under my arm pits (not noticeable really unless pointed out) I have zero complaints!
I feel more confident and as though I "filled" the area that for whatever reason was not filled in enough in the first place. Does that even make sense?? To me it does. I just feel like my body is as it should be. I look more feminine and less boy like in clothing and much more proportioned. I am happy that my husband is loving the results and that it is not so dramatic that others notice at all.
I have had a great year and would go through with it all again in a heartbeat!
I hope you are all well and have the courage to share your stories. I know those who came before me helped me tremendously through this forum and I hope my posts have been helpful to someone out there as well.
I will post one year photos soon.
Best wishes xo

Love your review!! Your look good and natural!! ;)
What range did you choose from?
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

So far, I have been incredibly impressed with Dr. Lista and my care consultant, Brittney.