Just the Beginning - Mishawaka, IN

I'm just starting to get all the prepping done.I...

I'm just starting to get all the prepping done.I weigh 430 lbs right now my health is going down hill so I have started going to the weight loss surgery center I'm 41 yrs old and I want to be here for my grand children. I can't walk any more and want my life back a independent life I'm scared and looking for other people like me that can give me a confidence that I'm making the right decision to do this surgery that I want to do I want to hear good stories not horror stories

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us.

Congratulations on taking the big step and deciding on surgery. It's hard, it's not the easy route and it requires a lot of hard work and determination. However, the life you gain is usually worth it!

We have another community member who has just joined and is in a similar situation to you. Her profile is Grandma1155. You may want to reach out to her and comment on her review. You could both help each other through this journey you've begun.

Please do keep us updated with your progress!

Thank you so much I truly do appreciate it. my support system is not so great at home I was just looking for other people such as myself. I love to read other peoples stories just trying to find out the ins and outs the ups and downs the befores and afters of surgery so again thank you and thank your website and everybody that's on it

No problem at all. A support network is needed and it's always beneficial to have one at home, but if that isn't the case then you will always find a friendly face and good advice on RealSelf!

Good luck with everything and I'll be keeping up with your progress!

Went to support group last night I lost 3 pounds...

Went to support group last night I lost 3 pounds from stop drinking sodas found out my letter will go out after March eighth that's what my 6 months will be up . I gave the support group this website's name I thought it would be helpful to them as it is helpful to me so excited but still afraid there was 2 women post op a year post op at the support last night they had a lot of negative things to say which made me kind of nervous so I asked the question would you still do it over again both of them said they would do it 10 * over again feeling anxious

Hey, how are you doing? Have you had a surgery date yet?

How are you doing? I had my psyc. appt last week. One more thing checked off my list of to do's. 2 more weigh ins to go and a nutritionist appt and I'll be ready for my May surgery...When is your surgery date?
I got that done! I know u have to do so much class, weigh in they keep u busy I had to physicist evaluation too anyways my 6 months date is March 8. So I'll go weigh and with 6 months complete they send my letter out to my insurance as soon as it approved I'll know the exact date should b within a few weeks! It's driving me crazy! I want to know the date so bad! It's like the first day of your new life!
Dredi

A acquaintance told me about him