Complex Revision Rhino W Rib Graft - Dr. Davis, FL - Miramar, FL

I'm new to this blog thing...but had to share. ...

I'm new to this blog thing...but had to share.

I had rib graft revision rhino w Dr. Davis this week...night and day difference from my last surgery, which left structural and functional issues (left by Dr. DeLuca, upstate NY, several yrs ago). The NY doctor did so many things wrong, Dr. Davis took over 6 hrs for surgery, orig thought to be 4.5 hrs. I'll write a more detailed experience later with before/after photos...but he is a very modest, yet confident surgeon with complex revisions. He showed me a number of rib patients and their outcomes, discussed everything involved with my surgery, unbelievable bedside manner and a true professional throughout. Having been in the healthcare profession for past 17 yrs, I've learned to discern the quality of the physician and their work, and Davis did not disappoint. Well worth the money, time and boring recovery so far.

Swelling and bruising was minimal considering...ice, ice, ice...rest, rest, rest...and elevation. Profile and front views dramatically different. Breathing improved, but with some internal swelling/congestion, I don't yet have full benefit. Pain very well managed. No issues with rib donor site, healing well. A little redness at tip, but I recall that with last surgery and will prob go away soon. Biggest issue is being in a hotel room for all these days waiting for my post-op is starting to drive me nuts. Post-op instructions very clear and he even answered texted questions. Very responsive...felt like he was family caring for me.

Again, just a quick note...keep an eye out for my pre/post photos and more details. BTW, when I went in for my pre-op, he had a pretty woman from CA in his office for revision post-op...she said she traveled all over the country seeing docs and landed with Davis, which was a reassuring sign. She looked great.

I would highly recommend Dr. D based upon my experience and outcome so far...very knowledgable and has vast and successful experience with revision rhino. Unless my nose rips off when the splint comes off in post-op next week, I'll continue to believe he is a very gifted surgeon. This surgery is effects the second most noticed feature of your face (eyes #1) and for many of us, it is a costly and very sensitive topic. Do your homework on top surgeons, compare their skill vs what you need and consult to find the right one. I'm hoping my review will help you...it's a challenging environment to get detailed reviews on surgeons you can trust are real.

More to come soon. Photos to follow.

Feel free to send questions in meantime if it'll help you.

Four weeks post-op

Updated pic in profile photo

FYI - I just took an updated pic and posted to my profile photo here.
Pembroke Pines Facial Plastic Surgeon