Complex Revision Rhino W Rib Graft - Dr. Davis, FL - Miramar, FL

I'm new to this blog thing...but had to share. ...

I'm new to this blog thing...but had to share.

I had rib graft revision rhino w Dr. Davis this week...night and day difference from my last surgery, which left structural and functional issues (left by Dr. DeLuca, upstate NY, several yrs ago). The NY doctor did so many things wrong, Dr. Davis took over 6 hrs for surgery, orig thought to be 4.5 hrs. I'll write a more detailed experience later with before/after photos...but he is a very modest, yet confident surgeon with complex revisions. He showed me a number of rib patients and their outcomes, discussed everything involved with my surgery, unbelievable bedside manner and a true professional throughout. Having been in the healthcare profession for past 17 yrs, I've learned to discern the quality of the physician and their work, and Davis did not disappoint. Well worth the money, time and boring recovery so far.

Swelling and bruising was minimal considering...ice, ice, ice...rest, rest, rest...and elevation. Profile and front views dramatically different. Breathing improved, but with some internal swelling/congestion, I don't yet have full benefit. Pain very well managed. No issues with rib donor site, healing well. A little redness at tip, but I recall that with last surgery and will prob go away soon. Biggest issue is being in a hotel room for all these days waiting for my post-op is starting to drive me nuts. Post-op instructions very clear and he even answered texted questions. Very responsive...felt like he was family caring for me.

Again, just a quick note...keep an eye out for my pre/post photos and more details. BTW, when I went in for my pre-op, he had a pretty woman from CA in his office for revision post-op...she said she traveled all over the country seeing docs and landed with Davis, which was a reassuring sign. She looked great.

I would highly recommend Dr. D based upon my experience and outcome so far...very knowledgable and has vast and successful experience with revision rhino. Unless my nose rips off when the splint comes off in post-op next week, I'll continue to believe he is a very gifted surgeon. This surgery is effects the second most noticed feature of your face (eyes #1) and for many of us, it is a costly and very sensitive topic. Do your homework on top surgeons, compare their skill vs what you need and consult to find the right one. I'm hoping my review will help you...it's a challenging environment to get detailed reviews on surgeons you can trust are real.

More to come soon. Photos to follow.

Feel free to send questions in meantime if it'll help you.

Four weeks post-op

Pembroke Pines Facial Plastic Surgeon

how are you feeling with the rib graft? is your nose really stiff? are you able to move your nose. How is the scar healing and do the grafts on your nose hurt? I will need a rib graft revision because of a very incompetent surgeon. Would love to see updated pics. Looks amazing so far.
Your outcome is amazing. I also had a revision last March and was scared of the rib graft but fortunately I didn't need it. The surgeon was able to work with my septal cartilage. I'm happy with the result so far. Congrats!
Thank you! Yours looks great too! Glad to hear septal cartilage was used...I don't think I had any left, and it probably wasn't strong enough to correct my nose...glad he used rib. Have you noticed it looking better as the months pass? Any swelling still?
Thanks. Definitely, every day I notice improvement. I had steroid shots on the tip a month ago and it's helping a great deal with the swelling. I think there 's still swelling on the tip.
Your nose looks stellar! Congratulations. Do let us know how the healing with the rib graft goes. It's what I am most nervous about... eek!
Rib is healing well...some numbness, but continues to decrease with time. Same with nose...minor tip numbness still. The adjustment was wearing the anesthetic for the rib donor site for a week following surgery. Like wearing a little canon ball inside a small pouch around your neck. The medicine continuously dispenses every hour for pain relief. Didn't feel much pain, just normal discomfort of a surgery. Going on 5 weeks post op and feels fine now.
How rude of me...thank you for your kind words CB2013! I read your posts...and totally identify with you...I lived several years with my nose, knowing as soon as I looked in the mirror post-op, that something was terribly wrong. I wished from that moment I had my broken nose back instead of the revised one. I was self conscious about how I looked and took pictures, what ppl might think, anger over the crap surgery, embarrassed, etc. it was very challenging to cope with for so long. Although tough, I learned to become a better person so that I found more self-worth than just my appearance and that when ppl got to know me, how my nose looked was not even a concern (prob never was for them, but was for me). I should have done this surgery sooner, but I just think that it was the 'right' time and right doctor for me.
Great work! Your profile is super nice. Did Dr. Davis manage to reduce the distance between the base of the nose and the upper lip?
No, nothing special was done. I can't really tell myself if the distance was shortened or just the optics of a lengthened nose makes it appear that it was.
Thank you all for your kind words...I appreciate it!
Congrats your nose looks much better!
Thanks for sharing, your nose looks great! Your profile is flawless now - congratulations :)
wow thats a great result! Thank you for posting pics.
Thanks looks good
thanks for the photos...they look fantastic!
Nice results
Four weeks post-op: No swelling, but still feel good applying small square bandages soaked in ice water after coming back from a brisk walk or just being out in heat. Starting wearing little nose cones to brace shape of nostrils...still some asymmetry, but an improvement once you see how misshaped my nose was. The only complaint was that the asymmetry wasn't completely corrected, but with my nose being the shape it was for so many years, it's an improvement and I need to be realistic about the outcome. So many other positives, that I'll take it overall. Man can't always recreate what God created for me originally. Couldn't be happier with the profile...right amount of lengthening...feels great. Right about the time I stopped the bacitracin and started Flonase, I did have some irritation and sensitivity from the dissolving sutures on inside of my nose on columella (as Dr. D suggested was the case when we connected)...I thought I may have been getting an infection and made me crazy nervous...he recommended to restart bacitracin and it's been going down quickly since. I think I'll stay with bacitracin a little while longer. Tip redness pretty much going away...just light bruising, but dramatically less redness and sensitivity as time goes on. I'll post some before/after pics here...I realize the only before pics I had that would be a good comparison were the ones Dr. D took.
what kind of grafts did dr D put in ?
Can we see some candid after photos of your nose? And not photos provided by the office? :) it will help a lot of people here :) you can still block out your eyes etc. just a selfie of the nose
The before pics are Dr. D, after pics are mine.
Ooo ok didn't know! Congratulations! Looks great!
Are pics coming soon?
Yup ^^
When we finally see your pics?
I hope you post pics soon! I'm excited to see your result!!