Excited about CoolSculpting to lower abdomen and flanks

I'm 34 years old and have two children-a 3...

I'm 34 years old and have two children-a 3 year-old and a baby who is just shy of a year. I exercise regularly, maintain a healthy diet, and am at my goal weight. After I had my first baby, I had to get 7 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight to look good in clothes again. After baby #2, I am still struggling with my midsection. My husband and I set aside money so I could have some things "done" after we finished having kids, and CoolSculpting seems like the perfect solution. I don't feel like things are so bad that I need a tummy tuck, but I do feel like they're bad enough to spend some time and money trying to address my problem areas.

I had the procedure done today, and while it was uncomfortable for a few moments, it was nothing compared to childbirth. I'm just hoping to see some good results! If I do, I'll likely go in to have my flanks done within the next couple of months.

5 Days Post Procedure

It's been 5 days since my procedure. I've had some cramping that is very similar to menstrual cramps. I've taken Ibuprofen during the day and Advil PM at night, and am relieved from the discomfort. I've also been massaging the area a few times a day with Arnica gel, this seems to help as well. I had swelling the first couple of days, but my lower abdomen seems to have gone back to normal. I've also been able to exercise, and although there is an odd sensation in my lower abdomen while running, it's totally tolerable. I'm hopeful that in weeks to come I'll start seeing some results!

One Month Out

Well, it's been about a month since I had CoolSculpting done to my lower abdomen. I can see that there is some fat loss, as the skin is looser and there is less "pinchable fat." That said, I'm now considering having my flanks done. Since my pooch has flattened out a bit, my side fat is much more noticeable (in my opinion). Also, from pictures I've seen on this site, people have great results when doing the flanks and lower abdomen together. I'll post updated photos before I go in to get my flanks done.

One month pics

Here are my updated pictures about a month after getting my lower abdomen done. I'm going in on Thursday to get my flanks done as well!

Pic

Flanks

I had my flanks done today. My right side had more fat than the left. I'm hoping this will help smooth things out and get rid of my muffin top!

Updated pics

2 months post lower abdomen-3 weeks post flanks

Not much progress on my flanks yet, but it's just been about 3 weeks. Not sure if there's been an further improvement in my lower abdomen. It's hard for me to tell since I look at myself every day!

"After Pictures"

I went in for my "after" pictures yesterday. Here are a couple of the before and after pics from the spa.

Updated Pictures

As promised, here are done updated photos. I have been more diligent about my workouts and diet. As expected, I'm happier with my results as my overall fitness is improving!
Aqua Medical Spa

I definitely see the 20% fat loss they promised!
Doesn't look much different.
There isn't a significant difference in pictures, but I feel better as my stomach has always been my largest "problem area." To me, the boost in confidence was worth the time and money. Thanks for your feedback!
Glad u like the results. That's my issue right now. I'm 5"7 135 but still have my stomach problems too. Would u think lypo would've taken care of this more ? Trying to decide between
I never considered lypo so I'm unfamiliar with the pricing or recovery time. After two pregnancies in my early thirties, skin elasticity was an issue for me. I only gained 25lbs with each baby, but once the skin has stretched it's not quite the same. So, coolsculpting was a good option for me as the fat loss was gradual, which allowed the skin to come back in slowly, so there wasn't any "hanging" skin like there could be with lypo. My best advice would be: Wait until after having kids to do anything to your abdomen!
Thanks
I have loose, wrinkly skin on my belly, because CS took so much fat out of there & I'm in my 50s. I'll still trade that for a pooch belly, any day!
Still waiting for results! I'm 5 weeks post procedure, and I really see no difference. In fact, my midsection is actually flabbier than it was prior and my weight is up. I'm hoping all of this is due to the breakdown of some of the fat, but I don't know. Did anyone else notice that the area treated remained "jigglier" even 5 weeks past the procedure?
Yes, the treated area does seem to get a bit softer after the treatment. I didn't gain any weight, though .
By the way, you look great! Forgot to mention that in my last post below.
When did you first start seeing results and when did you see the most noticable results? I'm almost at my 2 month mark and haven't had any results yet. I need some encouragement. I know it usually isn't until the 2nd or 3rd month that you start to see results. Maybe I'm just being impatient.
I first started seeing results after about 4 weeks. When I went in to get my flanks done, my esthetician was surprised to see that there was a difference so early on. So, I'm thinking that getting results that early isn't typical. It is SUPER hard to be patient, but hopefully you'll start seeing some results soon. It is great to use pictures to gauge your progress, since it's hard to notice the subtle changes when you're looking at yourself daily. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!
had my lower abs done in may..still no difference
If you have before and after pics you should post them. You might be surprised. Its really hard to see the difference when you look at yourself day in and day out. Unless its dramatic, your eyes 'adjust'. People here will give you honest feedback.
Totally agree
looks great well done
It looks like you've had excellent results! I'm really impressed. I'm just two weeks in after my treatment (1 large lower abdomen and two flanks) and am getting very frustrated, worried that nothing is really going to change. I have read that daily massages might improve the body's ability to process the destroyed fat cells, but I didn't know about that, so I didn't massage my abs. Do you have any suggestions or reasons why yours went so well? I eat well, exercise regularly (cardio and yoga) and am just getting concerned...I think I may be in for another round of Cool Sculpting.
As other ladies have commented here (below), two weeks is super early to see any results. While I did see results at 4 weeks, that was certainly earlier than expected. I think that the way my fat was distributed contributed to my results. You can see in my before pictures that my lower abdomen protruded far more than my upper abs. In fact, the tech measured my upper abs and there wasn't enough fat there for a small applicator. So, the large applicator to my lower abdomen kind of "evened" things out. That said, I'd still like to see things tighter, and I'm working on that through diet and exercise. However, I am happy that my stomach now looks smoother and more even.
I also should have mentioned that I did drink a lot of water, and did massage my lower abdomen with arnica gel once a day for the first few weeks. It helped with discomfort in the area, and may have helped get results more quickly.
did you measure inches for before/after?
I didn't take any measurements. I will say that I did gain three to four pounds in the months following the procedure. Obviously, that was unplanned! It's amazing how in my mid-thirties, after two babies, how quickly the weight comes back on. So, I'm working on getting back down to 125 lbs (I'm 5' 4"), and have a feeling that my results will be more noticeable at that point. I'll update pictures in a few weeks.
2 weeks is way too soon. Two months is better timeframe.
More like 4 months...
You look great! Are you happy with your results? I can see a big difference in your abdomen.
I'm moderately happy. To be fair, there have been weeks over the past few months where I've been able to work out very little. And, I haven't completely eliminated sugar or white flour from my diet, which I know would help. I still have enough fat for a second ab treatment-this time it would be the small applicator. But, with the weather cooling off, I'm going to try more strict diet modification and amping up my workouts to see where I can get.