My Labiaplasty - Minnesota, MN

I decided to have this procedure done after I've...

I decided to have this procedure done after I've been living with enlarged labia lips since I was 11 yrs old. I just turned 17 yesterday (July 31st) and had this done on my birthday. When I finally told my mom about this I didn't know what she would think I was scared and thought she would look at me differently but to my surprise she was completely cool and wanted to help me. I told her that I've wanted to kill myself over this, I didn't feel normal and I was pretty depressed. So she made an appointment in June. We came to the conclusion that I would have surgery on my birthday. The day finally came, I was nervous and scared but my doctor and nurse reassured me that I will be fine. I took a relaxer and waited for the numbing cream to go into affect, which took about 20 minutes. I had the wedge method done because it is actually faster healing time then the trim method. But anyways my doctor came in the room and started the procedure which took about an hour. I could feel just a little tugging and getting stitched up which was some what uncomfortable but it was still bearable. The nurse that was in the room was wonderful!! She made me feel at ease even though my legs were wide open. After it was all over I put my pants on and walked to the car. I've been taking ciprofloxacin, oxyCODONE, and hydroxyzine which has helped quit a bit with the pain. It is still very uncomfortable and hurts pretty bad but, hopefully it's worth it! I can already tell it's such an improvement even though it's very swollen. I didn't get a before picture but my lips hung down a good inch. I will update and post pictures every week.. If you have any questions feel free to ask, I'll answer anything. :)

Week one down

Well, it's been a week and it has definitely come a long way! It is still pretty swollen and my right side is bigger then my left but in time, it will go down so they both look equal. Pain wise, it's not too bad. I'm starting to wear jean shorts that are tighter but are a little loose around my crotch. I can see a big change already and everyday as the swelling goes down I get happier and happier. I'll update everything in another week. :)
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon