Effective on Beard but Regretable Because of Sign of Pitting - Minnesota, MN

I guess I learned the hard way that hair follicles...

I guess I learned the hard way that hair follicles help the structure of the layers of your skin. Now that I have less hair on my face, there is pits and some scaring which appears to several pits close together.

Its really undermined my confidence in lasers. It make me wonder if they have a deeper effect on the fat and underlying tissue because of the pits and the fact the nasolabial fold is now visible.

I don't what to do or how to make sense of what has happened.
I went to different place and I actually saw that male clinician had the exact same scaring.

While the comments from the doctor are reassuring,...

While the comments from the doctor are reassuring, I have had minimal improvement. I am less anxious than I was and I am willing to be patient.

I think that there should be more discussion and observation of male facial hair removal. Its a very particular and unique situation as far as hair removal is concerned. The procedure might require some refinement which should be more broadly shared among people involved in hair removal.

January The pitting is less visible, but I can...

January

The pitting is less visible, but I can still see it especially after I have shaved because the appearance does not blend in.

I still hope to hear from other men about their experience.

Men's Facial Hair and Lasers

The question becomes one of how do you best use hair removal from a man's beard.
Its just not the same question for women because facial hair for women has much weaker hair folicals, so the effects are less visible.
The piting is subtle, but very obvious after a close shave or when I tilt my head down and gathers more skin toward my chin.
The uneven hair loss in the mustache are is a problem too because I am concerned about having more treatments, but I can't let the area grow because their are patch of hair missing.
A specialis/doctor responded to my post, then they deleted it. I wish they had not deleted their response.

For any man thinking about removing beard hair

1.Let your face hair grow for a few days
2. Get a pair of tweezers
3. Observe the length of the hair
4. Slowly pull one hair out of your chin
5. Observe the 2 to 3 times length of the hair than was visible before you pulled it out.
6. Imagine how the laser kills the hair folicle but leaves the skin undamaged.

The laser will create small deep voids in your dermal layer that will not refill.

When and where you would use hair removal laser on your face

Use on weaker hair like a women would.

For me that's hair on my upper check and cheekbone area where you don't want to encourage stronger hair growth thru shaving.
I might also consider it on a mans ears.

I have mixed about the provider.