Never Too Old - Minneapolis, MN

I am a 64 year old woman. I am very active. I...

I am a 64 year old woman. I am very active. I spend at least 3 months out of the year on the beach in Mexico. I have adult children. I gained an extreme amount of weight with my pregnancies (70 lbs), then I lost the weight. I have had a large, saggy stomach siince I gave birth. I have considered a tummy tuck and thigh lift numerous times in the last 20 years. Finally when I found time and could afford it, I also found I was 64 years old. I thought I might be too old, but wanted to get rid of this stomach once and for all.
I was in good health and he could do a tummy tuck for me. After much contemplating I decided to go for it and have a thigh lift at the same time. Two weeks ago I had a tummy tuck and thigh lift.
I am extremely happy with the results. There is some swelling, which is expected, but I can't remember my stomach ever being this flat. I was a little afraid of the thigh lift but Dr. Mahjouri did a wonderful job. The scars are all within my panty lines. At my age I don't plan on wearing a thong or anything like that, but I can easily wear a two piece suit and feel very attractive and comfortable.
It only goes to show you are never too old to feel good about your body.

Welcome to RealSelf!   I think it is totally amazing that you have done this for yourself.  Age is just a number and 64 is very young:)

Sounds like you are doing fantastic and loving your results.  Would love to see your before and after pics if you have them.

Update on my tummy tuck and thigh lift. The...

Update on my tummy tuck and thigh lift. The swelling is going down and the scars are healing. I have been using silicone gel on my scars and I am pleased with the results so far. I am still wearing my compression garment.
Movement was slow at first but I am moving pretty good now. Although, I am not going to go out and run a marathon. I am still very glad I had both procedures. I will have another update and some pictures after my next visit with Dr. Majouri the end of November. Feeling great.

Thank you for sharing your encouraging story. I'd like to know more about the Thigh Lift. I had lipo in my thighs and now have excess skin, so I too am considering a Thigh Lift. I can not find many people sharing before and after pics of their thigh lifts or information, so anything more that you can share will be appreciated. Thanks.
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

I choose Dr. Mahjouri because of his reputation as being professional, an excellent surgeon and board certified. I had a consultation with Dr. Mahjouri. He said he could help me. I am very happy with the results and with Dr. Mahjouri. He is professional, informative and an excellent surgeon. I recommend his services to all ages.