Do I Like It? - Minneapolis, MN

My nose (bridge) got broken in a fight in year...

My nose (bridge) got broken in a fight in year 2000, and that was 2nd time it got busted... I was 19 y/o then. Since then I was thinking of straightening the bridge and narrowing the tip as it was on the larger side, so my doc offered me to do that as well "while i'm at it".

So the surgery went fine, I went back and removed the cast 8 days later. I liked what i was seeing. Few days on-swelling is down. im starting to get doubts about the new nose. I don't know anymore if I like it or if i like the whole thing i went through, at times i get this thought like "what the hell have I done?" Sometimes I think that doc went too far changing it, like its much different from what i thought i'm getting, other times I like it and i think it looks fine.

My girlfriend says it looks good and hardly different...Its confusing because I do like it, like the change and its ok when I talk to strangers who never met me before...then I catch peoples looks at work and I look down, they act not the same towards me either but no one is saying anything, i feel like I did something horrible. I'm feeling paranoid and depressed. All I wanna do is stay at home or move where nobody knows me. I really hoped aftermath will be totally different, now i'm more self conscious than before the surgery. I really hope these kind of thoughts are temporary and inevitable (normal) 2 weeks after surgery and I hope it'll pass.

Please advice. Meanwhile i'd also like an advice on medication ( I read that it helps) I could take to lower anxiety. I wont be adding doctor or location. My doc was voted top surgeon of the year in my state. And i'm sure what i'm going through is not his fault at all. He did a great flawless job. Thank you.