Radiesse-great for Subtle Changes - Minneapolis, MN

I have been using this for the past 3 years to...

I have been using this for the past 3 years to augment cheeks and minimize under eye bags with very good results. The affects are instant and last about a year. I didn't bruise (and I bruise pretty easily), and found discomfort during the procedure to be minimal; my doctor uses a topical anesthetic which helps a lot! I think you really could do this over your lunch hour, provided you don't bruise! But Radiesse gets expensive-$695 per syringe. The only bad thing about it is it doesn't last-for me, about 9-12 months.

Now, I am planning to move on to fat grafting, done by a plastic surgeon. According to my surgeon, fat grafting will produce results similar to Radiesse, but will last much longer. (The surgeon said he normally recommends patients try Radiesse first, to see if you like the result). The price of fat grafting ($2800) is about the same as 4 syringes of Radiesse!

Dr. Vicky Hagstrom

She's great-and the office is very convenient for me.

I'm glad to hear that your Radiesse always turned out well. That is exciting that you are going to try fat grafting. Did you and your surgeon consider doing cheek implants, or was that not a consideration for you?

I asked about cheek implants and he said he has removed hundreds, and has never applied any! He said they tend to shift and look fake, especially as your skin thins (with age). He has been doing fat grafting for over ten years and patients are pleased (he has had to do very few revisions, which is good).