Male Body Lift and Gynocomastia Reduction - Minneapolis, MN

After losing 120 lbs through exercise and diet and...

After losing 120 lbs through exercise and diet and living with the resulting loose skin for over a decade, I decided to look into have the skin removed by a plastic surgeon in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I met with several doctors, but chose Dr. John Ness of Ness Plastic Surgery. After an initial consultation and subsequent follow-up visit with Dr. Ness' Patient Coordinator, Michaela, and Dr. Ness, the surgery date was scheduled. I felt extremely well-informed going into the surgery, which was performed on an out-patient basis. My surgery lasted for about six hours and included a body lift and gynocomastia reduction. I also had my abdominal wall repaired as it had separated due to how heavy I was. Coming out of surgery was equally a relief and trying. I wasn't in an extreme amount of pain. The best way I can describe it is feeling as though I had a large paper cut with a burning sensation around the circumference of my pelvis and lower back. My mobility was obviously very limited. I had a difficult time standing up and sitting down and spent most of my time for the following four days sleeping sitting up on my sofa with my head supported by a pillow and my legs up on my coffee table. Not ideal, I know. But it was what felt most comfortable to me and took the most pressure off my stomach and lower back. After the fourth day post-surgery, I started feeling stronger, more sure of myself and, honestly, a sense of euphoria. The skin that had plagued me for so many years and served as a reminder of the body I used to have, despite my time at the gym and healthful diet, was gone. With Dr. Ness' attention and care, I was able to move on and begin living in the body I had earned. I am now close to five months post-surgery. Michaela has been remarkable. She was available day and night for any questions or concerns I had. Recovery has been a slow process. My chest and abdomen are still a bit swollen and numb, but my scars are now fading and every week I see and feel the gradual healing, and it is truly an amazing process. I feel that I absolutely made the right choice, both in choosing to have the procedure and in choosing Dr. Ness to perform it.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement and obviously something you worked very hard at to achieve. We'd love to see a before/after photo, if you have any you feel comfortable sharing!

Ash congratulations and good luck! Have a wonderful life!
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ness is fantastic. He is forthright and incredibly detail-oriented. I felt completely comfortable asking him questions prior to my procedure, and he offered incredible insight into what I would be experiencing post-surgery. Michaela, Dr. Ness' Patient Coordinator, was amazing. She was available, day or night, for any questions or concerns I had and made an uncomfortable and uncertain time in my life far more manageable.